Thread: elvis and june and dixie

Loving elvis

elvis and june and dixie

I have a question about elvis and the girlfriends in the 50's when elvis was in highschool and up. Who was elvis first love?? was it dixie or june?? i remembering reading that elvis and june talked about marriage, but didn't the col get involved there?? Not sure about dixie

Dixie was his first girl friend, they met before Elvis recorded That's all right.
    And they spoke about marriage too, but seperated when Elvis' career started
    and he began touring the country. Peter Guralnick writes this in Last train to Memphis.
    June and Elvis met in Biloxi where June was at one of his concerts.

Loving elvis
    didn't dixie leave elvis cause she wasn't ready for how big elvis was becoming??

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    didn't dixie leave elvis cause she wasn't ready for how big elvis was becoming??
    I think she broke up with him because he wasn't spending anymore time with her...and I think she also knew he was messing around. Before he became so popular he was thinking of marriage - and by Elvis' own words, "the closest I ever came to getting married was while I was still in high school. As a matter of fact, my first record saved me from it"

I think Elvis had a lot of girlfriends even before high school. Was Dixie the one he spent a great deal of time with? There was the girl - Reagan? who he took to prom and of course there was Magdalene Morgan - his girl from Tupelo. The one he forged the marriage certificate

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Dixie is who Elvis first dated from a very young age i believe. June was a girl he started dating when he was just becoming famous. But she left him as she realised his fame was going to be a problem.

Loving elvis
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/dixie_locke.shtml

here is some information about dixie

MissyM
    I just read Elvis Day by Day and it was interesting. Elvis was not a one women man. But then he traveled around so darn much. I think it would have been hard for him or any women. Even when he was in Germany he was involved with several women. I think he became infatuated with women easily. And let's face it, he could have almost any women he wanted. I wonder if most men wouldn't be that way if they could???

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I just read Elvis Day by Day and it was interesting. Elvis was not a one women man. But then he traveled around so darn much. I think it would have been hard for him or any women. Even when he was in Germany he was involved with several women. I think he became infatuated with women easily. And let's face it, he could have almost any women he wanted. I wonder if most men wouldn't be that way if they could???
    Interesting theory about Elvis and women - they all say that when he was with them - he was very serious - he only had eyes for them and even professed his love for them - many times. I think that while Elvis was with that woman - he really meant what he said - he "fell" easy......but "out of sight out of mind" after that. In other words - he wasn't feeding them a line of bull - he really meant what he said while he was with them.......what do you all think?

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Interesting theory about Elvis and women - they all say that when he was with them - he was very serious - he only had eyes for them and even professed his love for them - many times. I think that while Elvis was with that woman - he really meant what he said - he "fell" easy......but "out of sight out of mind" after that. In other words - he wasn't feeding them a line of bull - he really meant what he said while he was with them.......what do you all think?
    good point kelly. didn't think about that, but missy was right he could have any woman he wanted.

Elvis wan't a one woman man. I was reading my magazines, he was going out with Anita Wood, seeing Priscilla, and another girl he met out there who was 14, not forgetting the receptionist at his house in Germany..Whoooaaa...