Thread: What Is This?

What Is This?

Is it just me, or is something odd about this picture? He's wearing a black suit and it seems as though something red is drapped around his waist and hanging down to the floor??? What are your thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails live71_58563.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Red face

I believe that is the Matador suit he was wearing which in return had a cape with it that had red-lining inside, I believe when this shot was taken Elvis actually took the cape off and had it draped over the stool that he usually sat on...just my thought...

i'm wondering whether it's a scarf caught on his belt but i think it most likely is his cape as it looks to big for a scarf
    Last edited by hounddog; 03-21-2008 at 02:39 AM.

This is Nov. 14th '71 at University of Alabama,Tuscaloosa, AB. To me this looks like his cape draped over his guitar strap. My thinking for this is that Elvis still has his guitar which means that it's still the beginning of the show so he was still wearing the cape. Plus when you zoom in you can see what looks like to be a rhinestone pattern on the back of the material.

Here's a similar photo where it looks like the cape is hanging over his guitar.

Speculation here but....it may have just fallen off and evevtually fallen to the floor.
    That aint tactics honey....that's just the beast in me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/GeordieBroon/elvisheader.jpg

Elvis PRESLEY:The most important, most influential artist of the 20th century. b. 8 Jan 1935, Mississippi, US, d. 16 Aug 1977. He holds, or has held, almost every chart-related record including perhaps the most important: more No.1s than any act in chart history.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    This is Nov. 14th '71 at University of Alabama,Tuscaloosa, AB. To me this looks like his cape draped over his guitar strap. My thinking for this is that Elvis still has his guitar which means that it's still the beginning of the show so he was still wearing the cape. Plus when you zoom in you can see what looks like to be a rhinestone pattern on the back of the material.

Here's a similar photo where it looks like the cape is hanging over his guitar.

Speculation here but....it may have just fallen off and evevtually fallen to the floor.
    Good observation friend! I think you might have hit the nail on the head!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

International Level
    The story behind this picture is when Elvis was coming out in introduction...some lady/gentlemen tried to grab the cap off him but didn't get it all because Elvis pulled alway really fast. But it was still button on one side and while singing That's All Right Mama or See See Rider it fell off. Because of weight...I was told that by one of Elvis friend last year when we where going threw pictures after a contest.

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley

Thanks for the info Dudcowboy1.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy