Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to make a friend a Elvis fan

"You can't make somebody like music they don't like." Well said, nobody can make me like most rap music. It just does nothing for me.

I know people who can know appreicate Elvis' music just because they've heard so much more of it just cause i play it all the time. Most people that aren't fans only know the hits not how diverse he was.

I have a friend who now can sing along to Steppin out of Line and Plantation Rock, she says i've corrupted her i say I've educated her. She says she didn't know he could sing so well until she meet me.

I like that, she's not a fan but she really can get what others saw in him and be amazed by what he could sing.

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    i agree with most of the folks out there, you just can't make someone like Elvis!
    if you quit pushing it so much, but just play the music anyway, she'll come to like him.
    Good luck.

and i just have to add, i also agree with those folks who said what's wrong with her!!!!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

well as i said it can be done have a party play some elvis music they get dancin and they grow to love it my uncles wife to be did she loved all this modern crap and thought elvis was crap but after going to our tribute elvis nights and our elvis partys she came round now she likes elvis but still not a big fan just enjoyes the up tempo dancin music

SleepyJack
    Maybe if you play Elvis music quietly while she`s asleep...without telling her.......kind of like those hypnotic suggestion tapes that work on your subconscious while you sleep!.......then one day she`ll be off shopping or something and she`ll find herself humming "The girl of my best friend"....bingo!!...a new fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    Maybe if you play Elvis music quietly while she`s asleep...without telling her.......kind of like those hypnotic suggestion tapes that work on your subconscious while you sleep!.......then one day she`ll be off shopping or something and she`ll find herself humming "The girl of my best friend"....bingo!!...a new fan!

Hehehe! Hypnotism is a good advice! How did nobody think of that?
    I can imagine the words; "Elvis is the best, Elvis is the best, I love Elvis...", etc..
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

I don't know how many other ways to say this, but again, DUMP HER NOW!!!

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    I figure I will let her find out on her own. I let her know who Elvis is and let her do research on his music by herself. After I finished talking to her she might have went and played some of his stuff. I suggested From Elvis in Memphis and lets see the next time when I talk to her she might have found something she liked. But what I find hard to understand is how you do not like Elvis' music?
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

...honey...show her the Las Vegas concert...OMG...the way he moves in that show and the way he sings says it all...if that doesn't work.....you know what you must do.......get an Elvis outfit and do your self up for her and see what happens...no woman (ALIVE) from the hips down can resist Elvis.....

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeeRider777 View Post
    Ok she likes fast paced stuff but I have tried Burning Love, Mojo Working, See See Rider. Any suggestions?
    What about the remixes of Little Less Conversation, Rubberneckin........
    "We're lost in a cloud, with too much rain ~ We're trapped in a world, That's troubled with pain.....But as long as a man has the strength to dream.... He can redeem his soul and fly"

Sorry, for "exhuming" this thread.

Playing Elvis to people works. They might not become fans but they may reconsider their thoughts about Elvis.

I had a great weekend with some friends, where everybody brought along some CDs. I brought Elvis- Blues an put it into the player several times. Everyone loved it and we were dancing to these 2 CDs. It was a real great party. And now all the other dancers and people have asked me for THAT GREAT MUSIK....

Most of them did not like Elvis before. Some of them are going to buy Elvis- Blues because they really liked it and never knew about it before.

But that concerns the blues.section.......
    Last edited by FB-JC-474; 03-28-2008 at 08:43 PM.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Your friend must be playing some sort of mind game with you! I bet she likes Elvis but won`t give you the satisfaction of knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Your friend must be playing some sort of mind game with you! I bet she likes Elvis but won`t give you the satisfaction of knowing it.
    That is what I was thinking.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Yeah like I said this has to be it. I sent her a link with Its Your Baby, You Rock It. And we were IM'ing each other and it took her a long time to respond back and she said nope she dont like it. I am thinking she is BSing me. Secretly she is a Elvis fan. Playing mind games with me.

Yeah like I said this has to be it. I sent her a link with Its Your Baby, You Rock It. And we were IM'ing each other and it took her a long time to respond back and she said nope she dont like it. I am thinking she is BSing me. Secretly she is a Elvis fan. Playing mind games with me.

Yep, a way to keep you around and connecting with her ...is to keep you busy trying to convince her.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

This is about to get off topic so please can a mod move this to OT. Ok I talked to her about the Elvis music and out of no where she asks me about my love life. I told her that I just recently broke up with my girlfriend, I told her why. Then she said she is nothing like that and that she agrees with a lot of my views and that more people should be like me. Then I notice little things like when I sign on to the messenger, she returns from the away status. Should I go for it? Her and I agree on a lot of things and have a lot of things in common.

Maybe she wants you to sing It's Your Baby You Rock It to her..in your best Elvis voice. BTW...I loved that song from the moment I got home with my new "album".

Try the FTD CD release ELVIS AT THE INTERNATIONAL, it's a fast paced show and very interesting too.Elvis sings great and the whole TCB band is just cooking– crank it up loud!

If your friend doesn't like this then there's no hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12