Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Elvis Sessions IV

  1. #1
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513

    Elvis Sessions IV

    Joe Tunzi is working on a new release of his in depth Elvis Sessions books. A complete revised section of Elvis' concert performances specifically recorded will be featured in Elvis Sessions Volume 4.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  2. #2
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Sometimes you have to question how many times a book can be revised

    I have sessions II. I would be interested to see if it would be worth the large sum of money required for the update!!

  3. #3
    TCB Mafia dj_ethan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,109
    I Have Sessions III I payed 40€ - I don't Find It's Expensive ! It's A Bible For A Fan !

  4. #4
    Backstage Pass vegas 74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ENGLAND/OLDHAM LANCASHIRE
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Joe Tunzi is working on a new release of his in depth Elvis Sessions books. A complete revised section of Elvis' concert performances specifically recorded will be featured in Elvis Sessions Volume 4.
    Also new Jat book..Elvis-Atlanta In Black and White....coming soon
    sounds interesting!

  5. #5
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_ethan View Post
    I Have Sessions III I payed 40 - I don't Find It's Expensive ! It's A Bible For A Fan !
    I paid 40.00, that is not an insubstantial amount of money for a book, I certainly would expect a huge amount of new information to buy an updated version. It's not the amount (I can afford it) it's the principal, bible or not

  6. #6
    With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire State
    Posts
    9,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Sometimes you have to question how many times a book can be revised

    I have sessions II. I would be interested to see if it would be worth the large sum of money required for the update!!
    AGREED J.J.!!!

    I have Sessions III and although I agree with dj_ethan that it is a Bible for any Elvis fan, I have never seen a copy of Sessions I or II, so I don't know how much additional information is included in Vol. III over the first 2! (Except, of course, for the new releases that had come out between volumes)

    If there isn't much new information included in the upcoming Vol. IV, then I would have to question spending the money for it too.

    TCB!
    Mike


    TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!


  7. #7
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    I'm probably the only one here who doesn't have any Tunzi books....

  8. #8
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who doesn't have any Tunzi books....
    Don't feel bad, Tony. Neither do I. I prefer to read the bios and buy my favorite CD's. You have to pick and choose what you care to own because you could go broke collecting every Elvis item available.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who doesn't have any Tunzi books....
    You know, maybe if we get on Rosie's good side, she'll include us in her will and give us joint ownership of her collection........(I don't even know if you can do that with books)
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  10. #10
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    You know, maybe if we get on Rosie's good side, she'll include us in her will and give us joint ownership of her collection........(I don't even know if you can do that with books)
    I have 3 new good ones on their way!
    "Caught In a Trap"
    "Steamrollin Across Texas"
    "Elvis Concerts"(Tunzi)

  11. #11
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Rosie is this the cover of the caught in a trap book you got coming ?

    http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod66.htm

  12. #12
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Rosie is this the cover of the caught in a trap book you got coming ?

    http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod66.htm
    Yes, that's it. I found mine on Ebay...it was a little bit cheaper.

  13. #13
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Got some great books coming your way then.

    I am planning on ordering Tunzi' Concerts book next Friday off his site if its still available then.

    Right now I'm waiting on Keith Alverson's Elvis On Stage, Elvis By Dagmar, and Elvis The Worlds Best Kept Secret at Lake Tahoe.

    As for the Sessions 4, I will definitley pick it up, just for more info to have, and I have volume 3, but would have to have the newest edition. Not only that but with Tunzi's last few releases (Portraits, 68 at 40, Concerts) all being Hardback books, I would expect the next bunch to be aswell. That alone is enough to sell me !!!!

  14. #14
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Yes, that's it. I found mine on Ebay...it was a little bit cheaper.
    Hey Rosie, did you order your book The Concerts by Tunzi from his website jatpublishing ??

    Thanks!!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  15. #15
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Hey Rosie, did you order your book The Concerts by Tunzi from his website jatpublishing ??

    Thanks!!
    No.....go to Ebay, it's $20 cheaper there than the publishing site.

  16. #16
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    No.....go to Ebay, it's $20 cheaper there than the publishing site.
    Thank you. I see its from the UK aswell. Again thanks Rosie !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  17. #17
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Thank you. I see its from the UK aswell. Again thanks Rosie !
    Your welcome! The buyer that I used is from Mesa, Arizona.

Similar Threads

  1. Elvis Recording Sessions
    By jon_burrows in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •