View Poll Results: Fanatical Elvis Syndrome or Just A Fan???

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've got the Syndrome!!!

146 82.02%
  • I'm just a fan...

32 17.98%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have the Syndrome?

Do You Have the Syndrome?

My family tells me that I have the 'syndrome'...and I don't dispute it!! But I have encountered lots of people who think I'm nuts, and claim to be 'just a fan'. I never gave much thought to the difference until lately...so cast your vote, and post your 'symptoms'...should be fun to see how many of us have this!

The 'Fanatical Elvis Syndrome' symptoms: You have thoughts of Elvis soon after you get up. You have an irresistable urge to visit a website dedicated to him several times daily. You are a subsciber to Sirius radio's...All Elvis channel/station. You own several pieces of Elvis memorabilia. And last, but certainly not least, you have either wished at some point, that you were Elvis himself, or you have wished that your significant other was!

The 'I'm Just A Fan' symptoms: You think of Elvis every now and then. You own only a couple of items related to him. You only visit a website to see what gossip is new. You listen to Elvis only occasionally.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Oh I have the "syndrome" for sure.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Oh I have the "syndrome" for sure.

Diane
    Kinda figured that about you Diane... What is it they say about 'birds of a feather'?

I have the syndrome....the Fanatical one

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    I have the syndrome....the Fanatical one

Great...ain't it??? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Great...ain't it??? lol...
    I love it lol

Yup, Lea, we're sailing on the fame fantasy boat and we sure do think alike LOL

Well, let's see...Elvis is my first thought when I wake up in the morning and the last before I go to bad at night...So, I think I have the syndrome... (Don't tell mu husband though...)
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

Thumbs up

SURE DO!!!!!
    TCB W/TLC (((HUGS))...

I never realized how much I am into Elvis till now.

Yep!!!! I've got it baaaadddd!!!!!! Can't share the "symptoms" in mixed company ..........lol

SleepyJack
    Not quite sure....I`ve only been a fan now for about 27 years....it`s too early to tell!

I Have the Syndrome for sure. I have alot of Elvis memoriabillia, visit several "Elvis sites" everyday. I sleep, eat and breathe Elvis. I need an "Elvis rehab".

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    My family tells me that I have the 'syndrome'...and I don't dispute it!! But I have encountered lots of people who think I'm nuts, and claim to be 'just a fan'. I never gave much thought to the difference until lately...so cast your vote, and post your 'symptoms'...should be fun to see how many of us have this!

The 'Fanatical Elvis Syndrome' symptoms: You have thoughts of Elvis soon after you get up. You have an irresistable urge to visit a website dedicated to him several times daily. You are a subsciber to Sirius radio's...All Elvis channel/station. You own several pieces of Elvis memorabilia. And last, but certainly not least, you have either wished at some point, that you were Elvis himself, or you have wished that your significant other was!

The 'I'm Just A Fan' symptoms: You think of Elvis every now and then. You own only a couple of items related to him. You only visit a website to see what gossip is new. You listen to Elvis only occasionally.

It's funny...Gail and I used to talk about this 35 years ago. There were fans and then there were fanaticals. I don't think I need to describe which one we are. And...just for the record, I have never wanted to be Elvis. Have I ever wanted to be his significant other?? Well...I can't even count that high!

I have the syndrome. I have never ever wished to be Elvis though. You also need to add that you visit his home at least once a year....I think.

Thumbs up

You know, all my Friends say you need help when something of Elvis comes up and I usually have the correct answer as they just think the Whole Elvis thing is out of control, but then I usually have the last laugh when I may be walking by them and they might be humming an Elvis tune or they even may say , rams, who sings this song ? Its really good ? I say Elvis ? Go getcha' some !!!!....Go get the Elvis syndrome !

rams
    .the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image......................

Lol I think I have the syndrome too But I am proud of it!

I do have thoughts about him soon after I get up...and even before I fall asleep because I have a big Elvis poster hanging over my bed lol
    I do visit websites about him as often as possible (especially my favourite TCB World)

I never wished to be Elvis myself though lol and I've not subscribed Sirius Radio either

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Oh I have the syndrome. I never listen to any other music besides his. I really dont even know the artists of today. I really think he was "cool" and what made me a fan was how unique he was and how there will never be another phenom like him ever again. I would like to know how it was being Elvis. Not wishing to be him but to be in his shoes for one day would be cool.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Definately have the syndrome! Everyone around me thinks I'm nuts! Nobody understands me but my Elvis friends....I listen to Elvis 24/7 on my computer - in my car, etc. I collect Elvis memorabilia, my office at work is filled with Elvis stuff, my bedroom is filled with Elvis stuff......I can't get enough of him. Never wanted to "be" him - but would loved to have been kissed by him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Yup, Lea, we're sailing on the fame fantasy boat and we sure do think alike LOL
    You betcha! Hugs to you Diane!!

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    Well, let's see...Elvis is my first thought when I wake up in the morning and the last before I go to bad at night...So, I think I have the syndrome... (Don't tell mu husband though...)
    Oh yeah Liana...you got it bad girl...

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    Not quite sure....I`ve only been a fan now for about 27 years....it`s too early to tell!
    Only 27 years? Shame on you....

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    I Have the Syndrome for sure. I have alot of Elvis memoriabillia, visit several "Elvis sites" everyday. I sleep, eat and breathe Elvis. I need an "Elvis rehab".
    When you find that 'rehab' center...do your Elvis friends a favor...DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT US!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    It's funny...Gail and I used to talk about this 35 years ago. There were fans and then there were fanaticals. I don't think I need to describe which one we are. And...just for the record, I have never wanted to be Elvis. Have I ever wanted to be his significant other?? Well...I can't even count that high!
    Rosanne, I never wanted to be Elvis either...but I gotta tell ya, it wouldn't have hurt my feelings one bit if the hubs had been ol' E!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Definately have the syndrome! Everyone around me thinks I'm nuts! Nobody understands me but my Elvis friends....I listen to Elvis 24/7 on my computer - in my car, etc. I collect Elvis memorabilia, my office at work is filled with Elvis stuff, my bedroom is filled with Elvis stuff......I can't get enough of him. Never wanted to "be" him - but would loved to have been kissed by him!!!
    That's the good thing about 'Elvis buddies' Kell-Kell...they understand completely!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast