Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Morgan died

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Todd Morgan died

Bill Burk reported this:

This news just arrived to us at 14.27 MEM time Sunday.

Todd Morgan, who for years has been Graceland's "public face," was found dead in his apartment.

It had not been announced publicly yet, but Todd had just been promoted to a new position and was to report directly to Gary Hovey in Los Angeles, though he would remain in Memphis. He was due to go out to dinner last night with friends to celebrate his promotion, but did not show.

Reports are he must have died in his sleep last night.

Todd has been at Graceland since it was opened to the public in 1982. He started as a tour guide.

My first memory of Todd was when I was working as a fund raising/public relations consultant for the EP Memorial Trauma Center here. Some fan had given Todd a $10 tip for his tour of the mansion and he had donated the $10 to the EP Trauma Center, which I noted in a publicity release.

Todd has worked on tons of creative projects for Graceland during recent years.

When Graceland began boycotting me in March 1996, I let that run until July 1997 when I called Priscilla Presley and suggested to her we were all supposed to be on the same side -- promoting Elvis; that I had never written anything bad about Elvis and never planned to. She set up a conference call with Graceland and during that call it was worked out that Todd Morgan would be my personal contact with Graceland and would work with me on any calls I might have.

Though I have continued to work independent of Graceland even since 1997, I must be fair and say each time I called Todd in the years since, he has been open and honest with me and replied to my few questions as best he could.

Early in 2006 Todd was publicly embarrassed following a Driving Under the Influence arrest in the wee hours after he had driven from a Memphis restaurant and had blown out a tire on his car, yet continued to drive all the way to Collierville, some 12 miles east.

At the last club presidents affair I attended, after his arrest, I called him aside following the meeting and told him that while DUI is a serious offense; that at one time or another many of us have been guilty of it, though some have been lucky enough not to be caught.

I noted our differences, professionaly, thru the years but told him, "Todd, that restaurant was only five minutes from my house. If you EVER find yourself in that position again, PLEASE, no matter what time of day or night it is, call me and I will come and drive you home!"

I then gave him my card. He thanked me for it.

We have not communicated again since.

AS DETAILS ARRIVE (funeral, cause of death, etc), I will let you know.
    source: Bill Burk newsletter

Sad news....May he RIP...

franny

RIP Sad news.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

He wasn't that old was he?

He was somewhere in his 40's I guess.
    Bill Burk called me about an hour ago and told me...I was speechless and shocked
    I always liked Tod.
    He will be sadly missed this next candlelight service

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    He was somewhere in his 40's I guess.Bill Burk called me about an hour ago and told me...I was speechless and shocked
    I always liked Tod.
    He will be sadly missed this next candlelight service
    That is truely sad to be that young. I hate to hear of anyone dying but to be so young.

Coming On Strong

Todd Morgan

He will so be missed... Todd was such a great friend to all the Elvis World..
    It won't be the same without him around... He too left us at such a young age..

Prayers for his family...

TCB Mafia
    Very sad.

"The gospel music of Elvis Presley" in on PBS and Joe Moscheo is talking about Todd Morgan right now.

It just goes to show, you're here today and can be gone tomorrow. Life is too short.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Such sad news ...

May he rest in peace.

Unhappy

This Makes Me So Sad !!! My Prayers Are With Him An His Loved Ones!!
    TCB W/TLC (((HUGS))...

Sounds like he was a pretty good guy. I'm sorry to hear this.

Diane

Wow....I'm in shock....rest in peace, Todd...I never met you but in all the interview clips I've seen of you, you truly had Elvis's best interests at heart.

You are missed...EPE has lost a giant...

Here's the official report from the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Graceland's longtime public voice found dead
    Originally published 05:33 p.m., March 2, 2008
    Updated 05:33 p.m., March 2, 2008

Todd Morgan, Graceland’s longtime media voice, died inside his East Memphis home Saturday night

The 45-year-old spokesman appears to have died of a massive heart attack, according to Kevin Kern, Director of Public Relations for Elvis Presley Enterprises.

“He has never been happier at his work,” Kern said. Morgan had recently been promoted to direct a new project that involved developing videos and DVDs, his particular expertise, Kern said.

Morgan had been with Graceland since it opened in 1983, and had long been its liaison for local, national and international media.

Elvis fans had already begun paying tribute to Morgan on a fan site, elvisnews.com, by Sunday afternoon.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

How sad, rest in peace!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

What a sad loss in the Elvis world, i will miss seeing him at Elvis week. GOD bless you Todd

Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

Cadillac King
    you had to have met Todd to know what a great guy he was. I have seen take time out of his day and really talk to the fans. He listened, he didn't just pay lip service. He was always there with smile and helped whereever he could. I can't believe this has happened. It is a great loss for the Elvis fans.

You'd think there'd be some mention of it on elvis.com ... maybe I missed it?

He sure looked older than 45 though ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Coming On Strong
    It sure is so sad when somebody dies that young... He seems to have been a beloved person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast