Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Not Disturb TotallyInsane!!!

Do Not Disturb TotallyInsane!!!

This clip is in honor of Gail and myself! When we were teenagers we would sit in front of the TV with our reel-to-reel and/or cassette players and record an entire movie. Sometimes, we would play them over the phone..so that we could hear him say something that we thought was really cool! Girl Happy was one of our very favorites, and Do Not Disturb makes me think of Gail. One time she was recording a movie and her Pa-Paw came in the room...you hear Gail saying ssshhhh....I'm recording Elvis. We both wanted to hang Do Not Disturb signs on the door!! I'm telling you...we were crazy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]Z5DWWMSgmss[/YT]

You were crazy, indeed, girls! But you also had a wonderful time of your life back then and I'm so glad to see both of you that you treasure those moments and keep them in your minds and hearts. I guess the cassete/record era is gone but the memories are still very much alive!!
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    I remember the old cassette recorders. My friend and I back in the seventies would tape Elvis speaking and erase the other person talking and fit our voices in there so it would sound like we were talking to Elvis.I also recorded many Elvis movies that way just to hear his voice. The good old days!

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    Wow, what a sexy voice!
    so was the only time ya'll saw the light of day was inthe car on the way to Elvis concerts?
    you two make me smile, i have best friends, but no ElvisBuddy
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Gee whiz! All of this talk about reel cassettes and such is making me feel pretty OLD! LOL...sounds like you and Gail bonded even closer thanks to ol' E. I've made some great friends on here, so I think we owe him a debt of gratitude for being the accelerant that has started so many friendships, huh???

EVERYBODY SAY: THANK YOU ELVIS!!!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmknights View Post
    i have best friends, but no ElvisBuddy
    Awww...don't feel bad. I never had an 'Elvisbuddy' either. But hey, we have lots of them on here!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

My two best friends are Elvis buddies so I've been lucky. I never really went in for cassettes...I think I only bought one. I went from vinyls to CDs basically.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    I remember the old cassette recorders. My friend and I back in the seventies would tape Elvis speaking and erase the other person talking and fit our voices in there so it would sound like we were talking to Elvis.I also recorded many Elvis movies that way just to hear his voice. The good old days!
    Love this post! You should have joined in with us!

I love your (and Gail's) stories, Rosanne. Those were precious years and memories and I am so glad you two met up here... and most of all that you are willing to share those sweet Elvis memories with all of us here.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Hey ya'll,
    When I first saw this post I thought Rosanne was telling everyone to leave me alone!!

Yes, those were some fun times - in fact, some of the funnest times!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Hey ya'll,
    When I first saw this post I thought Rosanne was telling everyone to leave me alone!!

Yes, those were some fun times - in fact, some of the funnest times!!!
    Welcome Back!!!!!

I'm not back yet - but ALMOST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    You were crazy, indeed, girls! But you also had a wonderful time of your life back then and I'm so glad to see both of you that you treasure those moments and keep them in your minds and hearts. I guess the cassete/record era is gone but the memories are still very much alive!!
    That is a really neat thing to say...and very true.
    Along those lines......one time when I was in the 8th grade we had to memorize several pages of Romeo and Juliet. When my name was called I asked my teacher if I could have one more day, that I wasn't quite ready. All of my friends busted out laughing and told the teacher....ask her to recite Girl Happy, she can do the whole movie for you!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    That is a really neat thing to say...and very true.
    Along those lines......one time when I was in the 8th grade we had to memorize several pages of Romeo and Juliet. When my name was called I asked my teacher if I could have one more day, that I wasn't quite ready. All of my friends busted out laughing and told the teacher....ask her to recite Girl Happy, she can do the whole movie for you!
    Ha,ha! That was funny! I'm sure the whole school knew the love you had for Elvis! Well, if you had the chance, which role would you choose to play (from Girl Happy). Shelley Fabares's or Mary Ann Mobley's?
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    Ha,ha! That was funny! I'm sure the whole school knew the love you had for Elvis! Well, if you had the chance, which role would you choose to play (from Girl Happy). Shelley Fabares's or Mary Ann Mobley's?
    Shelley Fabares for sure..she gets her guy in the end! Besides...Gail says that her dad in the movie reminds her of my dad and how he felt about me. Gail says my dad would have paid someone to keep an eye on me. No one was going to hurt Daddy's little girl!

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Rosanne to of been a part of your adventures would of been amazing.Growing up I lived and still live in Newfoundland, Canada which is so far from the "real Elvis world". My best friend and I would come up with some crazy Elvis adventures of our own. We were both planning for the day when we would make lots of money and follow Elvis on tour. Of course that dream ended in 1977.My best friend moved away a year later. So I am thrilled that after 30 years I can talk to some Elvis friends again. Elvis is still doing his magic and bringing us all together!

lol...you people crack me up
    Rosanne, can you still recite Girl Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    lol...you people crack me up
    Rosanne, can you still recite Girl Happy?
    Well.....I have to be honest. I can recite Girl Happy better than Romeo and Juliet! Much to the dismay of my English teacher I'm sure!

Well.....I have to be honest. I can recite Girl Happy better than Romeo and Juliet! Much to the dismay of my English teacher I'm sure!

LOL!

LOL I can't tell you how I am loving these stories. I think because all us fans can relate to them in one way or another. If ELVIS had only known how crazy we all were (and still are) for him.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast