Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My recollections of standing at the entrance to the Lisa Marie 2/19/77

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    "...I probably would have tried to 'Lamar' myself into his inner circle if I'd been around then too.."
    Whahahaaaa
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Wouldn't you?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to enjoy this person's Elvis experience. I may get criticised for this but, if I had something of Elvis that his hand and LIPS had touched I would be on cloud 9! I just remember seeing his clothes and the top of his head from about 20 feet above him and I will NEVER get over it! Would be interested in hearing anyone else's story too. And I don't need proof just honesty and I'm pretty trusting (even though some here may think gullible). But I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Mad Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by stilllovinelvis
    I just remember seeing his clothes and the top of his head from about 20 feet above him and I will NEVER get over it!
    Welcome, I noticed your location says Illinois? Chicago Stadium? '72? '76? or '77?

I'm glad I'm not the only one to enjoy this person's Elvis experience. I may get criticised for this but, if I had something of Elvis that his hand and LIPS had touched I would be on cloud 9! I just remember seeing his clothes and the top of his head from about 20 feet above him and I will NEVER get over it! Would be interested in hearing anyone else's story too. And I don't need proof just honesty and I'm pretty trusting (even though some here may think gullible). But I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    you are sooo lucky - i would have dive bombed on top of him

Believe me, I've thought MANY times about WHY I did not jump over that rail to get to him. If I had timed it right I could have jumped right on him! And I cannot EVEN imagine what it would be like to even stand NEAR him and have his eyes look right into yours. I know this sounds almost sacreligious, but don't you imagine that you could just feel a special power and aura radiating off of him so strong you could hardly stand it. And I think his eyes would make my heart leap out of my chest!
    This was at a concert in Indiana, 1974, I was 13. I had ticket stubs that I kept for YEARS in the exact same place, a container that held all my cherished items. And I think I cleaned it out about a year ago and now I cannot find my tickets anywhere! I am just sick about it.
    And I live in southern Illinois, closer to St. Louis, MO, or Paducah, KY.
    Last edited by stilllovinelvis; 09-21-2004 at 07:35 AM.

Believe me, I've thought MANY times about WHY I did not jump over that rail to get to him. If I had timed it right I could have jumped right on him! And I cannot EVEN imagine what it would be like to even stand NEAR him and have his eyes look right into yours. I know this sounds almost sacreligious, but don't you imagine that you could just feel a special power and aura radiating off of him so strong you could hardly stand it. And I think his eyes would make my heart leap out of my chest!
    This was at a concert in Indiana, 1974, I was 13. I had ticket stubs that I kept for YEARS in the exact same place, a container that held all my cherished items. And I think I cleaned it out about a year ago and now I cannot find my tickets anywhere! I am just sick about it.
    And I live in southern Illinois, closer to St. Louis, MO, or Paducah, KY.

you was only 13 at the time? you could have easily dived bombed on him and i bet that you wouldn't have got into too much trouble with the MM or even Elvis - they would haev said 'she is only a little girl!'
    Man, if i had been there!

my recollections of standing at the entrance to the lisa marie 2 19 77

thanks for that interesting story howardrobardhughes

it was a great experience

It's hard to describe to anyone what it was like to be in the presence of Elvis..When I saw him in concert,it was an overwhelming experience..the anticapation during the whole evening...waiting....waiting...then,all of a sudden,all the house lights are cut off..and 2001 theme was played....then opening riff...and then he hits the stage..I still get chills thinking about it..
    Even though he was not in the best health when I saw him...the electricity of his stage presence is unforgetable..

Well...we get the picture...

Sonny

good..

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    Well...we get the picture...

Sonny
    glad to hear it...
    that was the purpose of my thread...
    TCB
    Wade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12