Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffin Pic Exposed!

This is the Aunt who claimed to have married Elvis back in the 80's isnt it?That book of hers was on EIN some time ago.I didnt read it but some of the stuff mentioned on EIN was beyond belief.

waw this thread has chnged alot in the last few pages its got a bit personal and i am now confused

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    This is the Aunt who claimed to have married Elvis back in the 80's isnt it?That book of hers was on EIN some time ago.I didnt read it but some of the stuff mentioned on EIN was beyond belief.
    She didn't say that .Bill Burk said that .When I asked him to show me where he wrote such a thing....he "couldn't remember." I'm no fan or believer of Burk and many aren't.Like many others ," if he doesn't say it ,then it can't be true. " One reason he got banned from Sirius radio...
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

MissyM
    Lois never said she married Elvis. OMGosh! Where do people come up with this stuff!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post

I agree, Jak....

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Lois never said she married Elvis. OMGosh! Where do people come up with this stuff!!!!1
    I agree, Missy. Bill Burk said that and some just believe the rumors and spread them. So much for chrcking facts.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

MissyM
    Well what can you do. Lois would have to have been a poligamist then because she was married to someone else. But gees, I feel silly even addressing such crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankieg View Post
    I've heard and seen some morbid threads and topics on other Elvis message boards, but this one certainly takes the cake ...
    I agree!

franny

Trash sells...and believe me, there's nothing about that in her book.
    I hope she doesn't hear all that crap. She looks like a sweet natured lady,.
    That's one thing I don't like about MB; the gossip and trashing others we don't even know. What a nasty world we live in.

I'm not trashing anyone - I had heard of that guy with the Elvis is Alive museum. In fact, I think that's why he sold it was to help the elderly. However, I will tell you, being raised by my grandparents I am very very partial to elderly people and do not agree with anyone "using" them to line their own pockets. Elvis fan or not - it's not what you do regardless.

MissyM
    Well Totally we shall see if that indeed happened.

This thread certianly took a wide turn to, I don't know where but If you guys don't mind, I'd like see a show of hands or votes, of those who believe this photo is fake and those who believe it's real.

Bill Beeny was a minister long before he ever became involved in anything about Elvis. He's 81 years old now and decided to use the building to help others. To feed and clothe them. I don't agree with everything he does; just as I don't agree with some here. I'd read he knew Lois, so when I heard of her problems, I contacted him. I also contacted Graceland first, but no one answered.

Rob Hines is the author of her book, Beeny had nothing to do with it.
    Though the last I heard, he was going to try and get everything back in her name. Whether that was done, I don't know as I went on to other things.
    Her family should know . I advised Hines and Beeny there must be some sort of services in Memphis if her family couldn't help her .

Casket photo

Fake

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    This thread certianly took a wide turn to, I don't know where but If you guys don't mind, I'd like see a show of hands or votes, of those who believe this photo is fake and those who believe it's real.
    I've believed it to be fake the fist time I saw it. For the last 4 years I'm convinced it is after reading and checking books, articles etc. from people that worked there .
    Last edited by cameron; 02-25-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Maybe there should be 3 options.

1-Real
    2-Fake
    3-Undecided

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I've believed it to be fake for the last 4 years after reading and checking books, articles etc.
    Why didn't Graceland speak up, if it was fake?
    Could it be that they liked the extra publicity?
    Or they know something we don't, they had a hand in putting it together?
    Or they just possibly believed it was real?

Quote Originally Posted by JonRomanovich View Post

Afterward the public viewing, several people sat around in the living room and dining room sharing stories about Elvis. Later he was guarded all night by Sam Thompson and Dick Grob both taking turns to stand by his casket. (Dick has supposedly took photos of Elvis in his casket too sometime over night)
    You'd think that Dick Grob would've used this to sell books. Not a bogus bone cancer story. I guess we should take that word,"Supposedly", serious.

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    Why didn't Graceland speak up, if it was fake?
    Could it be that they liked the extra publicity?
    Or they know something we don't, they had a hand in putting it together?
    Or they just possibly believed it was real?
    I don't know. That would have been up to Vernon then. Maybe he was just sick mentally and pysically.
    As Soden has been quoted as saying ; "any publicity is good publicity."
    Much as Tom Parker would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I don't know. That would have been up to Vernon then. Maybe he was just sick mentally and physically.

That's exactly why Vernon didn't get involved.