Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffin Pic Exposed!

Loving elvis
    Didn't think anybody here said elvis was alive in the first place..

No, but it sure would be nice!!!

waw that is scary i beleive and i don't beleive there are facts for and against we will never know and you folks have posted some good points me personaly i think the pic is fake it dosen't mean i think he is alive just that the pic of him in his coffin is fake or been diddled with

No one is going to change anyone's else's opinion as to whether this is an authentic picture of Elvis in his coffin or not. My vote is that yes that is a genuine picture of him at that terrible time and to me it does look like what he would look like after the fluids left his body....the bloating had aged him but without it, he looks in that picture very much like he would have if he had not had a build-up of those fluids.

Diane

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    No one is going to change anyone's else's opinion as to whether this is an authentic picture of Elvis in his coffin or not. My vote is that yes that is a genuine picture of him at that terrible time and to me it does look like what he would look like after the fluids left his body....the bloating had aged him but without it, he looks in that picture very much like he would have if he had not had a build-up of those fluids.

Diane
    Thats the best statement l seen all night

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    waw that is scary i beleive and i don't beleive there are facts for and against we will never know and you folks have posted some good points me personaly i think the pic is fake it dosen't mean i think he is alive just that the pic of him in his coffin is fake or been diddled with
    I Agree with you

But, Here we go again. I just don't get it, people here say, you can voice your own opinion about anything but with that comes, sarcasm and insults to the person posting.
    Also, it's obvious that, the ones who can see this point proven are not going to speak up. As of now, 313 views and 64 comments later Only a few have. I don't know what the fear is, maybe it's dealing with the side that believes different and they don't want any sarcasm thrown at them.
    Last edited by TCBnAflash; 02-22-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: typos

I've seen the fussing and fighting from the E Alive people . I guess I can understand some of that.
    I've never seen such "upset" over a picture that most never think looked like him in the first place.

Is anyone trying to change anyone else's belief? I'm not.
    Everyone can believe what they like. So far, we're allowed that, I think. ??
    My goodness ..
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

i think some people fell strongly about this subject and get a little ratty sometimes but each to there own right

i think some people fell strongly about this subject and get a little ratty sometimes but each to there own right
    Agree with you again, you truly are a Good Elvis Girl!..lol

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    I Agree with you

But, Here we go again. I just don't get it, people here say, you can voice your own opinion about anything but with that comes, sarcasm and insults to the person posting.
    Also, it's obvious that, the ones who can see this point proven are not going to speak up. As of now, 313 views and 64 comments later Only a few have. I don't know what the fear is, maybe it's dealing with the side that believes different and they don't want any sarcasm thrown at them.
    It's only insecurity when one thinks they lknow everything and if anything might threaten their beliefs or "importance" in the eyes of their peers; some get hostile.
    For the many that's voiced doubts over that picture...I thank you .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

yep cameron wel said mate there has been so much crap since elvis passed but this has some evidence to back up the theory i mean i have always thought that pic was dodgy glad some one proved that i am not crazy

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    It's only insecurity when one thinks they lknow everything and if anything might threaten their beliefs or "importance" in the eyes of their peers; some get hostile.

Sounds like a fortune cookie...lol

That's cool, We all love Elvis and this is a very touchy subject. Sorry if anyone was offended by my post. Just thought I'd share the information.

It is only insecurity that prompts doubt over the picture's authenticity.

The thought that a cousin of Elvis' could stoop so low and sell the pic to a magazine doesn't sit comfortably with some people.

And I for one am not "threatened", as this "fake" photo does not affect my beliefs in the slightest, especially when I can actually see the proof in front of me that the concert pic and the coffin pic, while similar, are two entirely different photographs.

There are also a couple of videos on YouTube made by i-d-i-o-ts showing how the coffin photo was taken from a concert picture, using the same manipulation of Elvis' image.

The National Enquirer paid Elvis' (distant) cousin for the picture in 1977. There has never been any credible assertion that this is not the case. Had it been proven fake, the Enquirer (even as tabloid as they are/were) would have retracted the story and picture, or some other media organisation would have exposed them - as opposed to some obsessed fan with a primitive version of Photoshop.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

hey thanks for the info like i have been enlightened

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    Sounds like a fortune cookie...lol

That's cool, We all love Elvis and this is a very touchy subject. Sorry if anyone was offended by my post. Just thought I'd share the information.
    thanks for posting your information.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    [I]
    The thought that a cousin of Elvis' could stoop so low and sell the pic to a magazine doesn't sit comfortably with some people.
    Good grief !! I believe that . What are you talking about?? That doesn't bother me in the least.

The National Enquirer paid Elvis' (distant) cousin for the picture in 1977. There has never been any credible assertion that this is not the case. Had it been proven fake, the Enquirer (even as tabloid as they are/were) would have retracted the story and picture, or some other media organisation would have exposed them - as opposed to some obsessed fan with a primitive version of Photoshop.
    So much for your knowledge of tabloids .I guess you never saw the giraffe lady ?

http://www.wnyc.org/books/6417 THE DEMON IN THE FREEZER

.... His most famous retouching job was on a photograph of Elvis lying dead in his coffin, which ran on the cover of the Enquirer. Elvis's bloated face looked a lot better in Stevens's version than it did in the handiwork of the mortician.
    Last edited by cameron; 02-22-2008 at 08:34 PM.

i was wondering where is the original of this photo or who has it not the picture printed in the paper but the original photo that was taken

Good grief !! I believe that . What are you talking about?? That doesn't bother me in the least.
    Why would you assume I was talking about you when I said:

"The thought that a cousin of Elvis' could stoop so low and sell the pic to a magazine doesn't sit comfortably with some people".

You are the one who uses the expression "some people" when making oh-so-subtle digs at people's attitudes when your opinion doesn't match up with theirs. "I guess some people like talking about things like this, but not me", and things of that ilk.

If I was going to refer to you or anyone, I would do so directly.

Just like I did then.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    [B]Why would you assume I was talking about you
    Because you quoted me ?? Very stupid of me, huh?

i was wondering where is the original of this photo or who has it not the picture printed in the paper but the original photo that was taken
    Anthrax killed Mr Stevens and closed the NE building. Last I heard it was still being cleaned up. No one knew where that picture was.
    http://www.ibiblio.org/slanews/nln/n...nter/index.htm