Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffin Pic Exposed!

My ex girlfriend sent them to me from the man who put them together.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    This photo does look like the real deal but what I keep coming back to is, why are all shadows, nose, eyes, chin all in place with the Live Photo, cept for the cropping of his left side of his face showing?
    The cover photo you're able to tell it was fake cause of the lighting of the image is much lighter.

When I was a kid my Mom got me a job working for this local newspaper. This was in 1979 and they had me do some of the touch up work on photos they wanted to improve on. It's all reversed, you place the negative on a pexi glass table that has a light under it. The black was touched up in white and the white in black. Now, the dark room was whole other story. They were able to control the darkness of the way an image was printed.

It's sad that Elvis died the way he did. I saw him once live as a kid in, 1975 and all I could remember was, this is the coolest man in the world. That night changed my life.
    I can't answer your question but in my mind they do not match up quite as uncannily as you seem to see it. It is an interesting proposition though which in my mind cannot be immediately discounted; I would like to see your answer to the question from goodelvisgirl and others I believe about where this theory is coming from.

Lucky you for having seen the man in 1975.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Oh, I see you've just answered that. OK...
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    I have the original Enquirer pic, the photo to me does not look doctored and nobody EVER said it was fake in court or otherwise.
    A cousin took this photo, it's been documented...I can't remember his name though.

I to have the pic that has been posted in this thread and again it doesn't look doctored either. As for Elvis looking young...I've seen corpses that have done that...my aunt for one...she looked way younger then her age as she lay in repose.
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Was it Billy Mann???
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Kelly,
    My mom and I both thought he looked extremely young on 8/17/77.
    According to a friend of mine who spoke with one of the four embalmers who worked on Elvis, the family asked for the Memphis Funeral home to make Elvis appear like he did in the 1950s. That's why he looks so young.

*waits for the backlash from other posters 'bout the above ^^^ comment*

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

The cousin was indeed the late Billy Mann.

We discussed it on the thread linked below, which means this thread is a rehash.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread....ght=billy+mann

Getlo,

When did Billy Mann, Sr. pass away?? (just honestly asking a question)

Why is there no background in the photo? Everything behind the casket is black. The conspiracy theorists were never questioning the legitimacy of the photo, but the actual content. This is going to perpetuate more Elvis is alive stuff...
    Elliot

That pic definitely looks real.
    "I always liked that hillbilly."

-Waymore

Here is another photo she sent me. I'm not sure, What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    Ah yes, but this one is the original and not the badly doctored version of it that we see on the cover of the Enquirer.

I do not understand why they felt the need to move the position of the head in the casket, to mess up the nose or to add all that skin under his chin in a grotesque fashion, but it was done nonetheless.

There may be an explanation for this somewhere; I remember seeing a comparison of these two photos years ago and it may have been detailed there...wherever that was.
    I'm trying to figure out why you think that picture was the original.
    Are you saying the Enquirer picture was not the original?
    If so, why would they print it and sell millions of copies?
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why you think that picture was the original.
    Are you saying the Enquirer picture was not the original?
    If so, why would they print it and sell millions of copies?

There's only one (1) picture of Elvis in his casket. That one photo has most likely been manipulated many times over the years (shown at different angles, light/darkness...close up/far away...whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    According to a friend of mine who spoke with one of the four embalmers who worked on Elvis, [I][B]the family asked for the Memphis Funeral home to make Elvis appear like he did in the 1950s. That's why he looks so young.
    That's a pretty strange thing for anyone to say. Perhaps an embalming class is in order ?
    No matter how good a mortician is; they can't make anyone appear 20 years younger .

You read the morticians book. You talked to the man that was his friend .What kind of questions did you ask him? I was very specific in my questions.We've been through all this before.
    IF you read and talked to the man; you know what Vernon asked, period.

I have a man that lived there at the time ; he talked to one of them too and got different answers than you seem to have gotten. I always hesitate using the "he said, she said" stuff as it's all just hearsay.

We all have our differet opinions. There can only be one truth .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

There's only one (1) picture of Elvis in his casket. That one photo has most likely been manipulated many times over the years (shown at different angles, light/darkness...close up/far away...whatever).
    Exactly....I have the one the NE printed in 1977. It looks like a drawing.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    Here is another photo she sent me. I'm not sure, What do you guys think?

Is this supposed to be a picture of Elvis on stage? Somebody has way too much time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Is this supposed to be a picture of Elvis on stage? Somebody has way too much time on their hands.
    Aww, R&R ..it's just like everything else about Elvis.
    It's the different stories and the mystery of it all.

yep cameron i agree with you no one will ever know it all .so many storys so many versions so many opinions

According to a friend of mine who spoke with one of the four embalmers who worked on Elvis, the family asked for the Memphis Funeral home to make Elvis appear like he did in the 1950s. That's why he looks so young.

*waits for the backlash from other posters 'bout the above ^^^ comment*

Getlo,

When did Billy Mann, Sr. pass away?? (just honestly asking a question)
    Nope no dings here. I've read some odd odd things pertaining to the embalmers who worked on him, ok odd is not correct term....graphic.

Thank you Getlo it was Mann...and ok now I remember the other thread.

As for the Enquirer..there are 2 pics in the issue...one is of the front page close up the other a further shot of the casket...and not touched up because the peacock glass is barely visible in the corner. They may have lightened it so that the detail stood out but I firmly believe that is all that was done.
    And as TotallyInsane has stated, she was there, he did look that young @ the viewing. Period.

What is up w/that photo? Superimposed, of course it won't match the hairline (again that is all the descrepency I see) it's a stage pic w/his hair all sweaty and falling over his forehead. Larry Geller gives an acct. of how he prepared Elvis for the viewing.

Lordy this is a morbid topic yet I had to post.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Aww, R&R ..it's just like everything else about Elvis.
    It's the different stories and the mystery of it all.
    couldn't of said it any better cameron

Cameron...sweetie...that's what I'm trying to say (in a nice way).

I'm sure you've seen both...but, in this instance (being that it was such a high-profile case/death) a complete and full autopsy was done on Elvis-which included a cranial autopsy.

Vernon wanted to find out what felled Elvis at such a young age. He was concerned 'bout them doing an autopsy and he fought tooth and nail against it in the beginning--but he finally caved in and consented to the procedure.
    And had he not done so, the State would have and then the autopsy would have been of public record which he certainly did not want.
    And absolutely one would have been performed on Elvis considering his age and the untimely death...etc...would have been negligent had they not...further yet, those that were IN THAT ROOM and the embalmer's themselves have stated that yes in fact one had been done.

Any nobody knows everything...HOWEVER...read up on autopsy's CRANIAL is done..end of story. Now if that varies from State to State, that's something different entirely...but I doubt it...I will ask an ACTUAL Dr. friend.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Was it Billy Mann???
    That be the one, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    You're right, there was no such court case. That story is rubbish.

The cousin was indeed the late Billy Mann.

We discussed it on the thread linked below, which means this thread is a rehash.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread....ght=billy+mann
    Thank you as always!

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    yep cameron i agree with you no one will ever know it all .so many storys so many versions so many opinions
    This should be called unsolved mysteries by elvis fans