Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 708

Thread: Coffin Pic Exposed!

  1. #81

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Very stupid of me, huh?
    Indeed ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  2. #82
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Indeed ...
    Go to bed ...
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  3. #83
    International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    838
    Well we all know that Elvis is dead, sadly but I dont know to me that pic looks weird. I guess you really change when you die, well that could be true because look at when James Brown died, the body in the coffin looked nothing like him. As for the autopsy, I didnt know that they cut Elvis' head to examine his brain. If I was Vernon I would have not allowed them to do that. I mean he's dead and there was no foul play, is there really a need to do that, we all knew that it was the drugs that killed him.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

  4. #84
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeeRider777 View Post
    Well we all know that Elvis is dead, sadly but I dont know to me that pic looks weird. I guess you really change when you die, well that could be true because look at when James Brown died, the body in the coffin looked nothing like him. As for the autopsy, I didnt know that they cut Elvis' head to examine his brain. If I was Vernon I would have not allowed them to do that. I mean he's dead and there was no foul play, is there really a need to do that, we all knew that it was the drugs that killed him.

    Um....how else would they have examined his brain without opening his head?

    We all now know that drugs played a role in Elvis's death--but I honestly don't believe that Vernon wanted to believe that drugs were involved. I say "involved" because an irregular heart beat is what is officially listed as the cause of death (and this was announced even before the autopsy was complete!). Vernon agreed to the autopsy but he did question the reasons for it before agreeing to the procedure. He wanted to find out why his son had died at such an early age. He actually thought that maybe Ginger or David or someone else could have possibly killed Elvis...so, in that respect, I don't blame Vernon for wanting an autopsy. And besides, I believe an autopsy would have had to have been performed anyway because Elvis died under what could be termed "suspicious circumstances".
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 02-22-2008 at 11:04 PM.

  5. #85
    International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Um....how else would they have examined his brain without opening his head?

    We all now know that drugs played a role in Elvis's death--but I honestly don't believe that Vernon wanted to believe that drugs were involved. I say "involved" because an irregular heart beat is what is officially listed as the cause of death (and this was announced even before the autopsy was complete!). Vernon agreed to the autopsy but he did question the reasons for it before agreeing to the procedure. He wanted to find out why his son had died at such an early age. He actually thought that maybe Ginger or David or someone else could have possibly killed Elvis...so, in that respect, I don't blame Vernon for wanting an autopsy. And besides, I believe an autopsy would have had to have been performed anyway because Elvis died under what could be termed "suspicious circumstances".

    What I meant was what was the need to open his head up? I know thats the only way to examine the brain.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

  6. #86
    Backstage Pass alstrada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    167
    post & Repost !!!!
    We Know All By J.esposito, Dick Grob, Etc.. The Coffin Picture Is Real !! Taken (stolen) By Elvis' Far Cousin & Sold To National Enquirer.
    Stop With This Thread.

  7. #87
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by alstrada View Post
    post & Repost !!!!
    We Know All By J.esposito, Dick Grob, Etc.. The Coffin Picture Is Real !! Taken (stolen) By Elvis' Far Cousin & Sold To National Enquirer.
    Stop With This Thread.
    Unfortunately, we don't know a thing. We were not there .
    Esposito and Grob both had to admit they didn't know either at Dr Nicks court hearing.

    As someone has said; "don't like the topic, don't read it ."
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  8. #88
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeeRider777 View Post
    What I meant was what was the need to open his head up? I know thats the only way to examine the brain.

    Why? Because, as Rosanne (I believe) said earlier, it was to see if he might have been felled by an aneurysm....

    The brain is always--always examined in an autopsy. Any ME who doesn't is basically breaking the law.

  9. #89
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    That's not true Tony and you should not try to imtimadate others .
    What in the world is wrong with you ?
    It's definitly not that important
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  10. #90
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    That's not true Tony and you should not try to imtimadate others .
    What in the world is wrong with you ?
    It's definitly not that important



    I'm not trying to intimidate anyone
    ....just using common sense.

    Anybody who's knowledgeable about autopsies should know that they do, in fact, examine the brain.

    Take a look at this: Autopsy Procedure

    One important piece of info there:

    Bone saw - used to cut through bone or skull

    Gee...wonder what they do that for?

    Thank you. My point has been made. That is all. I will no longer participate in this particular discussion.

    You're right about one thing. It doesn't really matter--but it's helpful to know the facts when discussing things like this.



    (And some people probably wonder why I don't post much here....)
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 02-23-2008 at 06:51 AM.

  11. #91
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm not trying to intimidate anyone[/I][/B]....just using common sense.

    Anybody who's knowledgeable about autopsies should know that they do, in fact, examine the brain.

    Take a look at this: Autopsy Procedure

    One important piece of info there:

    Bone saw - used to cut through bone or skull

    Gee...wonder what they do that for?

    Thank you. My point has been made. That is all. I will no longer participate in this particular discussion.

    You're right about one thing. It doesn't really matter--but it's helpful to know the facts when discussing things like this.
    No one knows everything.
    To state that a M.E. would be breaking the law if a cranial autopsy were not done, is just not a fact. I've seen both.
    Most of the time the family requests there not be one.

    To get so upset at something that may or may not have been done over 30 years ago...well, it's not that important, IMO.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  12. #92
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    No one knows everything.
    To state that a M.E. would be breaking the law if a cranial autopsy were not done, is just not a fact. I've seen both.
    Most of the time the family requests there not be one.

    To get so upset at something that may or may not have been done over 30 years ago...well, it's not that important, IMO.

    Cameron...sweetie...that's what I'm trying to say (in a nice way).

    I'm sure you've seen both...but, in this instance (being that it was such a high-profile case/death) a complete and full autopsy was done on Elvis-which included a cranial autopsy.

    Vernon wanted to find out what felled Elvis at such a young age. He was concerned 'bout them doing an autopsy and he fought tooth and nail against it in the beginning--but he finally caved in and consented to the procedure.

  13. #93
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    I've always thought that the pic is real, but always thought that It shouldn't have been taken or published in the newspapers.
    The thing that was posted here can be easily made of any photo in Photo Shop or any other graphic program. This does not prove me if the pic is true or not.
    And as someone else posted here, people change a bit when they die..We can't see his sideburns and he had another haircut (which is nothing unusual) and he looked not as bloated as he did in 1977, but this doesn't mean that the photo is a fake. We'll never know...We all just choose what to believe in

    It's sad to look at it, that's for sure

  14. #94
    EP BOULEVARD 77 goodelvisgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,736
    yep its hard to see this pic but as i said i think the pic is fake or has been diddled with this does not mean he is alive but its good to see what others think on the subject

  15. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    348
    I found this, It was 2 years ago, what do you guys think?

    Elvis "Coffin Photo" Missing
    The anthrax cleanup at the former American Media Inc. building in Boca Raton has taken another twist. It may even have some officials all shook up. Some 600 to 800 boxes of decontaminated photos (4.5 million photos) from the tabloid publisher's extensive library have been removed from the building - with permission from the U.S. Environmental Agency, which has been overseeing the cleanup. But no one seems to know where the boxes went. Inside those boxes may be the framed "Elvis in his coffin" photo that graced the cover of the National Enquirer soon after the singer's death in 1977. Palm Beach County health officials don't know where the boxes went. Anthrax was mailed to the AMI building in the Arvida Park of Commerce in October 2001 - only weeks after the 9/11 attacks and before similar outbreaks were reported at other media outlets and government buildings.
    Source: Elvis Information Network / Updated: Apr 1, 2006

    http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentatio...show&item=7666

  16. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    348
    Here's another one from that page. I personally believe that the cover photo was altered to show the coffin and Elvis' head. They moved the head up to make it a close up photo.
    They just made the inside photo darker to where you can't see the crop marks.
    but one has to think, if they could alter the cover that way, then what else can they do?

    Check it out

    JimmyCool wrote on Apr 10, 2006report abuse
    Hi, ya'll! I was looking for other Elvis' stuff, when I found something like "Ask the experts section" on some portuguese or brazilian site. I don't speak portuguese, so I used a translator, and this is what I found:

    Is the famous photo that shows Elvis in the coffin true?
    No. The photo is a rude montage that some newspapers published at that time to win some money on the death of Elvis. One of Elvis' cousins tried to take a real photo, pocketing some thousands of dollars, but the photo burned, because of the illumination in the place. For not losing the money of the sales, some tabloids published the montage, affirming that it had been taken by Elvis' cousin. But everything didn't pass of a rude frame, because some people, even today, believe in its truthfulness. It was declared officially false in 1978, when the Presleys won in the justice a process against some of those newspapers of the yellow press. You can still find it today in the Internet, but its credibility is zero.

    That's enough for me

  17. #97
    International Level jean francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    canada quebec
    Posts
    976
    They say so many things about this picture which was sold by the cousin
    The king but I think know a montage
    And in addition he has a meche hair which pointed to the head of the king,

  18. #98
    EP BOULEVARD 77 goodelvisgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,736
    waw i see its making a bit more sence now tcbnaflash funny how the original pic went missing

  19. #99
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by jean francois View Post
    They say so many things about this picture which was sold by the cousin
    The king but I think know a montage
    And in addition he has a meche hair which pointed to the head of the king,

    I'm so totally confused.....

  20. #100
    EP BOULEVARD 77 goodelvisgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,736
    yep i found that comment a little strage too by jean francois

Similar Threads

  1. Elvis in his Coffin
    By elvis himselvis in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 02:08 AM
  2. Anyone find this strange about Elvis' coffin?
    By EP75 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •