Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Coffin Pic Exposed!

*buckles seatbelt*

Let's roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    There is a better photo than the one above, and it was just posted in the Gallery.

I think the one above badly retouched for reasons I don't understand is part of what led people to say it was faked and didn't look like him -- "his nose was pug" -- or didn't look real.

In the other we see that it does look very much like him and it seems that Elvis lived up to his purported prophecy that he would look good in his coffin.

Seeing it again reinforces the point that the suggested doctoring above did not happen.

I apologize that this is upsetting or if you find it to be in bad taste on my part.
    When I see this pic in better quality it don't seem to be a fake to me.....
    but again, I'll rather enjoy the music and the stage pics rather than study this
    pic....
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ahm1977
    ELVIS.....BEHIND BLUE EYES....ALWAYS THE KING...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    *buckles seatbelt*

Let's roll!!

Don't forget to obscond with one of those cool new Elvis license plates from Tennessee for that
    van full of Elvis fans.

We do love and miss Elvis and I think somehow, someway, he knows that.
    No one had a funnier sense of humor than Elvis (except maybe INSANE) ... and I do think Elvis would understand that we need to relieve the sadness and pain of his loss any which way possible.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I'm all for the good humor that the above silly stories provided...sure beats the nasty arguments that can come up on these threads. I thoroughly enjoyed your stories.....and I think Elvis would have gotten a kick out them too.

Diane
    I totally agree Diane

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    So, what's anyone doing to prove it?
    You can't find a person guilty unless someone takes the time to find the proof.
    The LAPD did take the time to prove it, beyond a shadow of a doubt!
    There's not much more proof that they could come up with other than the DNA they already have, unless someone has a movie of him actually commiting the crime. Even then......that jury would have found him innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Well, if what I added to Gail's little story offended the two of you, or anyone else, then I apologize. This is not an attempt to poke fun at Elvis' death. I would not be humorous about his actual death, nor that of anyone else. I believe that this was pertaining to the "Elvis is alive/faked his own death" theory, right? How then could that be perceived as finding humor in his actual death??? After all, we are not making up little stories about HOW he died, or what actually occured when he did in fact die.

Perhaps some people could benefit from an occasional laugh...?

Thanks for sharing my SICK sense of humor Tony...

Oh any btw....I did get offended when I saw that you, Gail and Rosanne are all planning a trip to Graceland without ME! I will be awaiting my invitation...and your apology... J/K....
    I second every word of your post!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I'm all for the good humor that the above silly stories provided...sure beats the nasty arguments that can come up on these threads. I thoroughly enjoyed your stories.....and I think Elvis would have gotten a kick out them too.

Diane
    AGREED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    The LAPD did take the time to prove it, beyond a shadow of a doubt!
    There's not much more proof that they could come up with other than the DNA they already have, unless someone has a movie of him actually commiting the crime. Even then......that jury would have found him innocent.
    IMO, he's guilty. Of course, no one asked me.
    We had some long discussions at home about this.
    I just hope someone is still looking into all this.
    Watched this whole thing on TV.

IMO, he laughed at us all.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

IMO, he's guilty. Of course, no one asked me.
    We had some long discussions at home about this.
    I just hope someone is still looking into all this.
    Watched this whole thing on TV.

IMO, he laughed at us all.
    I became addicted to the trial it seemed, as did lots of others.
    I agree.....he laughed at all of us, and in a way I think he is still laughing at us. Maybe if they put him away for awhile with these new charges his laughter won't ring quite so loud or quite so long.

It would be good to see justice finally! Money sure talks doesn't it?

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    How come you're allowed to hurl insults at people and everyone else isn't?
    Calling you possibly insane because you don't believe men went to the moon was not meant to be an insult. It was meant as a serious, deliberate assessment of your mental health. I have every sympathy for people who are so delusional as to believe this whole moon hoax theory.

well if you could think of a good reason, please share it.
    Nope, I cannot think of one good reason why the moon landing was faked.

The whole moon landing was done as an attempt to bring back patriotism. If people choose to ignore the way our leaders try to side track our thinking of what was really going on, then so be it.
    Well, I ... heh ... heh ... HA! (No, I can't go on). Thanks for that statement though; my day has begun with a laugh, which is always a good thing.

I bet you thought Capricorn One was a documentary, eh? (Cool film, incidentally).

And did you bother clicking on that link I provided? Do you - like me - explore all sides of a debate, or do you simply stick with what you know and ignore the rest?

Ah, conspiracy theorists. Where would we be without them? (We'd be a better and more productive society, that's where).

And when the results of Elvis' autopsy are finally released in 2027 (which will of course say Elvis died of a heart attack, primarily caused by polypharmacy) the conspiracy nuts will all say "Oh, that's what they want you to think!", and the bizarre theories will begin again in earnest.

One gunman in Dallas.
    Man went to the moon.
    Elvis dead.

et al.

And no, TCNnAflash, the attached pic isn't real either!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails epmoonpic.jpg  
    Last edited by Getlo; 02-29-2008 at 04:06 PM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

It's always made me wonder how people that weren't even around could speak with such great certainty. Ignorance or blindness ?
    Some just not wanting to "see" things as they are, but how they want them be be? It's an interesting world we live in ; I don't claim to have all the answers .
    I DO have a lot of questions.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

I bet you thought Capricorn One was a documentary, eh? (Cool film, incidentally).
    Wow, I had forgotten all about this film, yeah it was cool

It's always made me wonder how people that weren't even around could speak with such great certainty. Ignorance or blindness ?
    There you go again, with your indirect approach. I'll assume you were referring to me.

It is neither ignorance nor blindness that allows me and most others on here and elsewhere to believe that we went to the moon and that Elvis is dead (and for me to think that anyone who doesn't believe either of these theories is nuts).

Rather, it is logic and provable evidence that guides me to these - and all of life's other - conclusions. The reason that I refuse to believe the moon hoax insanity and the JFK thing is that each and every one of those loony theories has a perfectly logical and provable explanation. Which, funnily enough, is what's sadly lacking in these bizarre rants.

The JFK "magic bullet" theory for instance. All this rubbish about the bullet turning in mid-air. It's based on the idea that Governor Connolly was sitting directly in front of Kennedy. He wasn't. He was slightly towards the centre of the car, therefore making the bullet's path and all subsequent wounds appropriate and not extraordinary in the least.

And the US flag "waving" on the moon. People like TCBnAflash obviously have no idea how a vacuum works.

The stupid theories about Elvis being alive are even more bizarre, and actually quite sick.

It is absolutely fine and very appropriate to question everything. Especially an "official" version of things, or one's government.

But not to the point of bloodymindedness and sheer stupidity, where all reason and logic disappear in a miasma of convoluted theories, each one of which contradicts the next.

The Princess Diana crash theories are today's prime example: Dodi Fayed's father needs to shut the hell up and accept his son and Diana died because of high speed, alcohol and not wearing seatbelts. Prince Phillip did not have her killed, nor did MI5.

That's why I loved the movie Conspiracy Theory; because it says that if there was a big conspiracy going on, someone somewhere would eventually talk, or make a mistake, and it would all come tumbling out. And if any of these theories was real, someone could prove it. The moon landing: come on, does anyone really believe that this "hoax" could have been hidden for nigh on 40 years? What a joke.

Like I said, if Watergate couldn't be covered up, there's little hope for these conspiracy fantasies.

(Or is that what I want you all to think ...?)
    Last edited by Getlo; 02-29-2008 at 05:05 PM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

The Princess Diana crash theories are today's prime example: Dodi Fayed's father needs to shut the hell up and accept his son and Diana died because of high speed, alcohol and not wearing seatbelts. Prince Phillip did not have her killed, nor did MI5.
    The best sentence I have read all day!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    The best sentence I have read all day!
    Well!!!!! My feelings are hurt!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Thank you. I agree that I like the actual pic better than the drawing. As I mentioned to Rosanne, when I first saw that drawing of Elvis in the casket many years ago, it literally scared the hell out of me. I would have nightmares about it sometimes, actually....and still do from time to time.

BTW, I like your avatar! Elvis looked so dang kewl at the MSG press conference!
    Thanks, I like yours too. These photo's of the MSG press conference have been always my favorit onces. He really looks great in these pics.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Hey,
    Whatcha say we go to Hollywood and become writers? I think we'd make a great team!!!
    Sounds like a plan to me! But could we take a detour, pick up Tony, and breeze through Memphis first???

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

There you go again, with your indirect approach. I'll assume you were referring to me.

Now that last sentence, I wouldn't doubt.

I was referring to anyone that professes to know all..
    If that's you, what can I say?

I've missed your sarcasim and put downs.
    You must be writing a book.

It is neither ignorance nor blindness that allows me and most others on here and elsewhere to believe that we went to the moon and that Elvis is dead (and for me to think that anyone who doesn't believe either of these theories is nuts).

Rather, it is logic and provable evidence that guides me to these - and all of life's other - conclusions. The reason that I refuse to believe the moon hoax insanity and the JFK thing is that each and every one of those loony theories has a perfectly logical and provable explanation. Which, funnily enough, is what's sadly lacking in these bizarre rants.

The JFK "magic bullet" theory for instance. All this rubbish about the bullet turning in mid-air. It's based on the idea that Governor Connolly was sitting directly in front of Kennedy. He wasn't. He was slightly towards the centre of the car, therefore making the bullet's path and all subsequent wounds appropriate and not extraordinary in the least.

And the US flag "waving" on the moon. People like TCBnAflash obviously have no idea how a vacuum works.

The stupid theories about Elvis being alive are even more bizarre, and actually quite sick.

It is absolutely fine and very appropriate to question everything. Especially an "official" version of things, or one's government.

But not to the point of bloodymindedness and sheer stupidity, where all reason and logic disappear in a miasma of convoluted theories, each one of which contradicts the next.

That's why I loved the movie Conspiracy Theory; because it says that if there was a big conspiracy going on, someone somewhere would eventually talk, or make a mistake, and it would all come tumbling out. And if any of these theories was real, someone could prove it. The moon landing: come on, does anyone really believe that this "hoax" could have been hidden for nigh on 40 years? What a joke.

Like I said, if Watergate couldn't be covered up, there's little hope for these conspiracy fantasies.

Who died and made this guy,God? Is he serious? If you're not an Attorney or a Politician, You really missed your calling. Why don't we take some more Short Cuts To Thinking and Did you know that Diet Coke is tasty and I "drink it just for the taste of it" and "Pomolive Softens hands while you do the dishes", and that if you eat Coco Puffs, you too, "will be Coo coo for Coco Puffs"