Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffin Pic Exposed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    I believe this is true, Tony. In fact people's talking about the photo in such terms ended up being confused with the accounts of people who were actually there, fueling the rumors of it not looking like him in his casket, so it wasn't him, etc.

I was 3 years old when he died so I can't really speak to what was being said back then but based on the things I have read, this blending in people's minds of what he actually looked like to those who saw him with observations just based on the NE photo has been going on for some time and continues to perpetuate itself.

That is my observation anyway.
    You are absolutely 100% correct. I am amazed that so many of the younger fans think this is something that they have come up with. Not the case...at all!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Yes....my parents, along with some other people we knew that were fans and had seen him in Vegas. Everyone had the same comment....."the nose sure doesn't look like Elvis". I was in college when that issue came out...I'll never forget seeing it in the grocery store for the 1st time. The comments were "that sure doesn't look like Elvis"....
    That's cause they did a bad job in cropping the live 1977 photo. You notice it more cause they made the image lighter. The darker version looks more convincing but it's the same photo.

ah so its the same photo just a light version and a dark version that explains why one looks a bit better but its still a fake

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    ah so its the same photo just a light version and a dark version that explains why one looks a bit better but its still a fake
    and a pug nose version, and a straight nose version....

lol ah right

Other than lightening it up though, their reasons for doing the things they did with it in their "diddling" remain a mystery to me.
    And has been a mystery now for over 30 years....

There is no doubt in my mind. Just look at the first picture. All the shadows fall in place. How could a photo come that close to another without it being the same exact photo?
    The reason it doesn't look like him at times is probably due to them cropping out the left side of his face. Cleared off his hair from his forehead and did some touch up work on his lips to look like his mouth was closed.

some folks and papers have no shame but hey theywould have made some dam good money from it i bet they sold alot of papers i mean with the tcb detectives and the computer age they have been found out honestly how could you look the same on stage in a photo and in your casket in a photo exactly the same

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    TCBNAF,

Levi Silver / Bob Stephens...Can you tell us how you came upon this story and what you know about these individuals (or are you Levi)? You seem very convinced of it and I'm just trying to understand the reason for your conviction aside from what you see as being photographic evidence.

I'm not being critical or cynical (well, maybe a little ) but am inviting you to offer more to make believers out of all us doubters.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

some folks and papers have no shame but hey theywould have made some dam good money from it i bet they sold alot of papers i mean with the tcb detectives and the computer age they have been found out honestly how could you look the same on stage in a photo and in your casket in a photo exactly the same
    That's what I can't understand, there is just no doubt after looking at both photos.

yep you would have to be blind not to see it or blinded by your strong beleifes and opinions its as clear as the nose on you face but there is no convincing some people

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind. Just look at the first picture. All the shadows fall in place. How could a photo come that close to another without it being the same exact photo?
    The reason it doesn't look like him at times is probably due to them cropping out the left side of his face. Cleared off his hair from his forehead and did some touch up work on his lips to look like his mouth was closed.

Look like his mouth was closed? I hope to God it was....otherwise the morticians forgot one very big detail.

Here we go again....*sigh*

His mouth was definitely closed. That's a ridiculous statement (just making a general comment). The procedure for preparing him fur viewing was described in "The King is Dead", by Robert Kendall & Robert Holton.

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    That's cause they did a bad job in cropping the live 1977 photo.

If you're saying what I think you're saying....here's my response:

There was no live "in concert" photo of Elvis used!
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 02-25-2008 at 07:17 PM.

did any other papaer have the pic of elvis in his casket or was this the only paper that ran the pic

did any other papaer have the pic of elvis in his casket or was this the only paper that ran the pic

I don't recall seeing the pic anywhere else other than the NE.

TCBNAF,

Levi Silver / Bob Stephens...Can you tell us how you came upon this story and what you know about these individuals (or are you Levi)? You seem very convinced of it and I'm just trying to understand the reason for your conviction aside from what you see as being photographic evidence.

I'm not being critical or cynical (well, maybe a little ) but am inviting you to offer more to make believers out of all us doubters.
    Levi Silver is an ETA here in Houston. I wondered what that was about when I saw his name on it.

OK - here's my thought - for what's worth.
    If I thought Elvis looked young in person in the casket and the picture showed up in NE and he looked so young - then doesn't that add up????? The picture captured what I saw???

well all the ones who haven't seen the light tell me why you dont beleive the pic is a fake why do you think its reall cos as far as my eyes i'm seeing two pics one from 77 and the casket as the same photo also the people who saw elvis in his casket did he look like the photo in the paper

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Levi Silver is an ETA here in Houston. I wondered what that was about when I saw his name on it.
    I am not, Levi Silver. Either or someone who knows him is friends with my ex girlfriend. She's an Elvis fan too and thought it might be interesting to show me.

I'm just wondering what you're thoughts are on the matter, maybe you had voiced it and I'm sorry for missing it.

Here we go again....*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    [I][B]
    His mouth was definitely closed. That's a ridiculous statement (just making a general comment). The procedure for preparing him fur viewing was described in "The King is Dead", by Robert Kendall & Robert Holton.
    You probably shouldn't quote them Tony, as you doon't believe what they say.

If you're saying what I think you're saying....here's my response:

There was no live "in concert" photo of Elvis used
    Unless you're Bob Steplens ; how do you know what picture he worked from?
    Besides ,you get too excited; you might have a stroke .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    OK - here's my thought - for what's worth.
    If I thought Elvis looked young in person in the casket and the picture showed up in NE and he looked so young - then doesn't that add up????? The picture captured what I saw???

I think you're onto somethin', Gail.