Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member here...greetings !!

Hey Bobby, if he'll make a name of himself as he did on the 'other board' we will notice quick enough, we can always let Kev punt him out of here then right

Are you polishing your puntingboots Kev?
    'Only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one' - Elvis Presley

second chance ??

thanks guys...for giving me a second chance
    ...like I said..this board seems friendly..and has alot of potential..
    admit it....I have been behaving ..right?
    no argument laced threads...no insane insights...

No.

It"s not my place to give someone the punt (boot) from this site.

But he is/was? a bit of a lad,useing more than one name? to talk rubbish about the EP loon and that kind of takes me aback to see he"s looking for trades?.

Each to there own.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    Heck, even Sam manages to control himself over here...though there was that one night he and Rusty really wrecked one of our forums carrying on as they do, but we won't get into that.
    I plead innocent of all charges. I've been framed !!!

I'm on the phone to my lawyers right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by howardrobardhughes
    I felt I was behaving myself...but I seemed to sense alot of animosity and negativity from a few of the posters...when I posted ...
    they replied with "oh brother,not him again"..etc
    so,I decided to have some fun with them....and I succeded in ticking them off..
    This board seems more friendly..and more productive...
    I will BEHAVE on here....

TCB

Maybe..you got to revaluate your behave if the last forum you went to giving you bad reputation, ..we all know this is internet things, we all can always make people mad without meet the people at the other end in person.. that makes people thing they could say whatever they want to say ..anyway welcome on TCB forum, Wade ..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    I plead innocent of all charges. I've been framed !!!

I'm on the phone to my lawyers right now!!!

Oh i,not sort of a few$$$bills then?.

KEV (broke,but a good pal of sam = hint)
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Man, we don't need that kind of trouble. I rescind that, Sam. OK, it was actually me and...nevermind--I want to keep my job.

But Sam, I guess you forgot--you'll want to remove the evidence you left in the picture gallery!

...you won't forget me when I go.

I only had one ID on the other boards...

Guys...
    Listen...
    I know I stirred things up on the other board..
    but I promise..
    I only had one ID....That other poster "stilloveelvis"..or whatever the name was....she was a REAL poster that was interested in my
    thoughts...she even pm'd me...wondering what was wrong...

it's really funny...
    she joined...read my posts...replied...everyone called her an *****..and she was booted off.......

TCB
    HRH (Wade)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    Man, we don't need that kind of trouble. I rescind that, Sam. OK, it was actually me and...nevermind--I want to keep my job.

But Sam, I guess you forgot--you'll want to remove the evidence you left in the picture gallery!

It wasn't my fault!!

Rusty made me do it!
    She has this power over me, (and all the other guys!)

I'm sorry!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I forgot about the camera, she's very kinky!!!

Rusty made me do it!
    She has this power over me, (and all the other guys!)

NOT ME,she"s not.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by iamhekev
    NOT ME,she"s not.

KEV.
    :worthy:

Cadillac King
    Rusty made me do it!
    Sam, it's called "Witchcraft":

You can come out from where you are chained now mate

jb

"Witchcraft"...About sums it up.

Yes,it IS a good song.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jbgude
    Sam, it's called "Witchcraft":

You can come out from where you are chained now mate

jb
    I would if I weren't chained here!!!

Hi- I just joined here and have been reading and am a little scared to say anything due to my past experience. I am still posting on the other board. Was new there too and did not intend to cause any trouble. I thought I was innocently replying to some things that had interested me. And it just happened to be to a couple of things that howard said. Boy did that get me in hot water! I just started doing this to basically meet other people who like Elvis. It was very exciting to me that howard had seen, in person, Elvis Presley. And I was seriously attacked it seems for feeling the way I did. I thought that was a normal reaction from people who like Elvis, to be excited.?? I don't know a lot of the "technical" and "artistic" side of things. I've enjoyed reading what others have to say. I'm sorry if I don't have much to contribute in those areas. I'm just a person who does like Elvis and am just now discovering all the things that can be purchased on the internet about him. So this is very exciting to me. I really don't want to be looked down on for feeling that way. I'm really happy to be here and don't want to cause any trouble, never did. I want to get along with everyone. ( Have always had that issue in my life Ha Ha) So hello to you all including howard!(NOT my alias Ha Ha) p.s. I don't even know how to get those little smiley faces like you guys do. Would like to use one instead of ha ha. I've seen people put "lol" and I asked someone at work what that means and they said laught out loud, is that right?

That is so funny! When I just posted, under my user name came up "general flunky". Just night before last I was watching my new dvd I just ordered of I think it was the alternate version of Elvis - Aloha. ( I got 2 new dvds - can't remember which I was watching) Anyway... Elvis calls Charlie a generally flunky when introducing him. I asked my son in law what he thought he meant by that. He said that Charlie was probably his little manservant and did whatever Elvis wanted. But it was kind of a coincidence (to me) that this statement had been on my mind and now that's my title(?) Who assigns those? I know I am low on the totem pole and probably not as knowledgeable as some, but must it be announced. Ha Ha-again. (Sorry)

Hi Stilllovinelvis,

You are very welcome here, just enjoy yourself.

Yes your friend was right about the abreviation of 'lol' and to select any of the smiley face icons just click on the one(s) you want to use when you type your message.

Lastly, the term 'General Flunkie' relates to your number of posts and will change as your total posts increase. All the names and phrases have been chosen by the moderating team and are all Elvis related, and you already spotted where the first one came from

Once again, welcome aboard.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Quote Originally Posted by stilllovinelvis
    And it just happened to be to a couple of things that howard said. Boy did that get me in hot water!
    howard did mention your name on this board .. is he telling you about the TCB forum, and you decide to join ? keep this forum clean..and enjoy your stay .
    Last edited by buttonhead; 09-18-2004 at 03:44 PM.

No, he's not telling me anything. I don't even know him. Except for that brief encounter at the other place. I did think we shared a couple of the same opinions about a couple of things that were publicly posted, but I didn't think there was anything unusual about it. I was happy to see someone else thought similarly on a certain point. And if I seemed overenthusiastic, well I have had NO ONE to talk to about Elvis (no one that cares) till now, so it's kind of all been bottled up for a while. At the other place I saw that someone mentioned something about another site, and then I think I happened on it kind of accidentally while searching through sites. And I saw that some of the same people that are at other place are here too. Thank you for your welcomes. I appreciate it.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Well, here's another welcome.

For crying out loud, the last thing an Elvis fan-based forum should be is a place where enthusiastic fans are met with cynicism, when they are earnest in their desire to talk about Elvis and learn and share experiences and so forth. I am not criticizing this or that messageboard; I'm just glad that you get the opposite feeling here. That kind of elitism is projected by a minority of fans, people of whom Elvis himself would not think too highly. Despite all their knowledge, some of those people obviously don't 'get' Elvis.

Anyway, I look forward to more posts from you. You'll shake that General flunkie status in no time!
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast