Thread: Behind the Image

Cadillac King

Behind the Image

hey, i wonder if any one could tell me if they think the 'Behind the image' series are worth purchasing. There are a few trailers on youtube and it looks fairly good.

thanks

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I think they are very worthy of purchasing.

I have both volumes and enjoy them very much. Not really that much new information we didn't know before, but still good nonetheless.

TCB!Brad
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    I thought about ordering these DVD's a while back, but for some reason, I never got around to it...

Are they really interesting enough to warrant the $30 price tag per video??

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    I thought about ordering these DVD's a while back, but for some reason, I never got around to it...

Are they really interesting enough to warrant the $30 price tag per video??

TCB!
    Mike
    Too be honest Mike I would say no. The prices on these dvds are literally outrageous. So I had a friend of mine make me some copies for me.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Sadly, that is the way to go sometimes Brad!!

I know the prices that are being charged sometimes for these types of DVD's are really high, but considering the limited numbers of copies that are produced of these DVD's, it is hard not to charge a higher price to make it profitable to release them in the first place.

Another set of DVD's that are very high priced are Joe Tunzi's HOT SHOTS AND COOL CLIPS series.

TCB!
    Mike

I haven't been interested in the DVD's so much as the books. Are the books worth the price?

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Sadly, that is the way to go sometimes Brad!!

I know the prices that are being charged sometimes for these types of DVD's are really high, but considering the limited numbers of copies that are produced of these DVD's, it is hard not to charge a higher price to make it profitable to release them in the first place.

Another set of DVD's that are very high priced are Joe Tunzi's HOT SHOTS AND COOL CLIPS series.

TCB!
    Mike
    Yes, and Tunzi book's are just as expensive but well worth the price in some cases.

But sometimes only having copies I suppose is better than not having it at all, I mean if you can't afford those outrageous prices for origianls then I see no harm in a fan just wanting to be able to watch the footage even if its on copies..

I have the books and yes they are worth it in my opinion.

Thank you Suzan.

Diane

i bought both volumes of behind the image,imo they are far too expensive.i heard there was going to be a vol3 coming out, i will just buy a COPY off a work-mate
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Cadillac King
    thanks for the replies, they look pretty good, jst need to find some money to buy them now

If the DVD behind the image were only $30 here i'd buy them they're closer to a $100 in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by BradM View Post
    Yes, and Tunzi book's are just as expensive but well worth the price in some cases.

But sometimes only having copies I suppose is better than not having it at all, I mean if you can't afford those outrageous prices for origianls then I see no harm in a fan just wanting to be able to watch the footage even if its on copies..
    I agree completely Brad!!

Yes, Tunzi's books are quite expensive too, which is why I only own a few select titles from his collection!!

TCB!
    Mike