Thread: Msg

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar

Msg

Elvis threw the belt into the crowd?

"When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

I think he just took it off. I believed he used the White Matador belt this night for this Jumpsuit. There are photos of him wearing it upside down too from this night.
    It seemed like he was doing that a lot during this time. He would take off his belt then sometimes put it back on for the last song with the cape.

here are some links to photos of him doing the same thing.

Before

http://www.tcb-world.com/elvispictur...20Down%206.jpg

After

http://www.tcb-world.com/elvispictur...20Down%202.jpg

Before

http://www.tcb-world.com/elvispictur...ffany%2016.jpg

After

http://www.tcb-world.com/elvispictur...ffany%2011.jpg

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Alot of times in 1972 he would take the belt off and perform. Looked alot better sometimes too.

Was listening to A Wild Weekend in Huntsville 2 earlier and a lady asked Elvis can she have his belt..don't think he gave it to her though.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    I wouldnt have the guts to ask for the belt.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

I wouldn't either but there are plenty of very aggressive people out there.

Diane

Roustabouts
    He used the same suit with the same belt a few days later, during the concert in Fort Worth, June 18th 1972.

And I'm not quite sure, but I think the belt was also in use the following Vegas Season.

He didn't throw the belt into the crowd. He just took it off.

I was at the June 11th show. He was getting into the beginning of "Hound Dog" and bent over to sing the "You ain't nothin' but a...." opening of the blues version ,just like on the MSG recprdings.

He just unhooked the belt and let it drop to the floor and told the crowd "I'm just getting sexy" or something to that effect.

The belt was put back on before he left stage.

I often think of how you could hear the belt make an audible "thud" noise when it hit the floor.

Is this photo from that date? It is the same suit he wore on June 11.
    Greybeard

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Tony is right, he would do this quiet often in 1972 midway through the show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 243_939689.jpg  
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977