Thread: Return to Sender: Elvis painting recovered.

Loving elvis

Return to Sender: Elvis painting recovered.

A missing painting of singer Elvis Presley said to be worth $15,000 has been recovered, according to the Washington Country Sheriff's office.

The original art piece worth, was reported missing on February 5, apparently taken from the owner's driveway in West Lakeland Township.

Following news reports, the painting was brought in to the sheriff's office. According to the sheriff's office, "A 'Hound Dog' or the threat of singing the 'Jailhouse Rock' was not needed for the return of the $15,000 painting."

Officials say that a passing motorist thought the painting had been put out for recycling and picked it up for a relative who is a big Elvis fan.

The Oakdale woman who received the intended gift turned the painting over to authorities immediately after seeing news reports.

The sheriff's office has contacted the owner of the artwork. No charges will be filed.

2006/02/06 www.kare11.com / www.epgold.com
    Last edited by presley31; 02-06-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    A missing painting of singer Elvis Presley said to be worth $15,000 has been recovered, according to the Washington Country Sheriff's office.

The original art piece worth, was reported missing on February 5, apparently taken from the owner's driveway in West Lakeland Township.

Following news reports, the painting was brought in to the sheriff's office. According to the sheriff's office, "A 'Hound Dog' or the threat of singing the 'Jailhouse Rock' was not needed for the return of the $15,000 painting."Officials say that a passing motorist thought the painting had been put out for recycling and picked it up for a relative who is a big Elvis fan.

The Oakdale woman who received the intended gift turned the painting over to authorities immediately after seeing news reports.

The sheriff's office has contacted the owner of the artwork. No charges will be filed.

2006/02/06 www.kare11.com / www.epgold.com

Good story, love the use of Elvis record titles as puns!
    And btw,what the heck was that painting doing out in the driveway?

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

well glad they found it but i wouldn't pay $15.000 for it
    but its nice

The artist may command this kind of price for his work but I wouldn't be a fan. I think it's okay but certainly not outstanding to the tune of $15,000!

I'm glad the owner got it back even though that's one of the dumbest things I've heard someone doing.

Diane