Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALOHA FROM HAWAII/Which concerts are great

Backstage Pass

ALOHA FROM HAWAII/Which concerts are great

Hi guys,

I just received a copy of ALOHA from HAWAII delux DVD edition as a gift from a friend. I just watched the disc 1 last night. I first got the chance to watch the concert so many years ago on TV. When I watched disc 1 last night, I noticed there were two concerts. Was the concert held for two (2) daYS?

I noticed too, that Elvis didn't seem to have much energy and "spark" during the concerts? He had very few "real" body movements even in songs like Johhny B. Good and "Burning Love."

I was waiting for some "electrifying" moments, but there was none. The Las Vegas concerts shown in That's The Way It Is" were more energetic and livelier.

I'm requesting my friend to buy some more DVD concerts in New York and she's asking which one. What do you recommend, which concerts are really great to watch?

ELVIS 68 Comeback Special Deluxe Edition DVD, if don't already have it.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Backstage Pass
    Hi guys,

Thanks Tommy! I have that in my list, what else? I'd like to get some good DVD concerts. And can anyone tell me, was Aloha a 2-day concert?
    Sorry, I always thought it was for 1 day only?

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Hey Ronn:

The deluxe ALOHA FROM HAWAII DVD set contains the following shows:

* THE JAN 12th REHEARSAL SHOW (this show was also taped as a back-up show in case the live satellite show had problems)

* THE ACTUAL LIVE "ALOHA" SHOW ON JAN 14th - This was the ORIGINAL show as it was seen live around the world except in the U.S. The U.S. DID NOT see the show on Jan. 14th! It was taped and shown in the U.S. in April.

* THE U.S. BROADCAST VERSION OF THE "ALOHA" SHOW FROM APRIL 4, 1973 - This is the same show as the Jan. 14th show, but with the "bonus" songs inserted (Early Mornin' Rain, Blue Hawaii, Hawaiian Wedding Song, Ku-U-I-Po)

There was another bonus song recorded for the U.S. version of the show (No More) but it was not used. It is included on the new DVD box set you have, though.

Hope this answers your questions Ronn!

Welcome to TCB-World!! Hope you enjoy it here!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Backstage Pass
    Thanks Mike!
    That cleared everything! I did'nt know all those details.
    Thanks! Thanks!!

THANKS I WILL CHECK IT OUT!
    TCB W/TLC (((HUGS))...

well i got some concert dvd's from ebay like elvis on tour through my eyes, elvis live in las vegas and onother one was opening nights vegas 72-74 great concert dvd's the lost performances was fantastic so if you don't have these i woulld suggst getting them they are interesting to see

Backstage Pass
    Hello goodelvisgirl,

How's the quality of these materials? I'm not really a fan of ebay, so I'm a bit skeptic to buy from e-bay.
    My friend from New York is not really an Elvis fan so she's at a lost on which to buy for me, and I understand too that not all materials are "regularly" available in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    onother one was opening nights vegas 72-74
    Are you ssaying that you have these on CD's? I was there for opening night in 72 and 73..and I have the CD's, but have never heard of these being on a DVD....

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    Elvis was nervous on Aloha Shows. When you got the whole world watching wouldn't you be nervous. On the Elvis In Memphis 1974 show Elvis sounded different and more relaxed I thought.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

yep i got them on dvd the quality is fantastic but the opening nights they were not 72 sorry they were august 19 1974 and august the 18 1975 the picure quality isn't to todays standards but you can hear the sound well and the pic is ok i am always nervous about buying from ebay but i have had nothing but good quality from quick delivery its good for those rare items you can't get in stores

Quote Originally Posted by Suspicious Minds View Post
    Elvis was nervous on Aloha Shows. When you got the whole world watching wouldn't you be nervous.

"Aloha From Hawaii" was not broadcast around the world "live" on January 14, 1973.

And, FWIW, I still prefer watching the actual telecast rather than the rehearsal.

just an update you can get elvis 1972 on dvd it called live in las vegas and its july 72 and the summer festival 72 and maddison square gardens 72 and hawaii nov 18 72 hope that answers you're question utmom2008 there is this greeat site where you can but 40 dvds with every bit of concert foootage of elvis from 69-77 the site is www.elvis-presley-sperstar.de/ its called andreas elvis presley dvds 69-77 not sure if i have the right web address so sorry if its not right just retype it into you search the www address
    Last edited by goodelvisgirl; 02-04-2008 at 09:22 AM.

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    I think someone is wrong here. The first screening of Aloha From Hawaii was on January 14 1973 via satellite to most countries in the world. I don't think the USA or UK got to see it until later that year.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

I think someone is wrong here. The first screening of Aloha From Hawaii was on January 14 1973 via satellite to most countries in the world. I don't think the USA or UK got to see it until later that year.

Frank,

Go here for detailed info on the viewership of the Aloha show. Getlo dispels many myths that have accumulated through the years. For one, AFH was not broadcast around the world "live" on January 14, 1973 as has been perpetuated over the years....very few countries got to see it as it was originally broadcast.

i'v always got confused as to which concert was live but i just enjoy the show and try not to worry about it

Re: ALOHA FROM HAWAII/Which concerts are great

Yes, there were 2 concerts, you can find both on the deluxe edition. I prefer the rehearsal concert! But I love them both... "Elvis On Tour" is one of his best conert movie, beside TTWII!!

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

I can't find where someone is wrong.......which post are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    just an update you can get elvis 1972 on dvd it called live in las vegas and its july 72 and the summer festival 72 and maddison square gardens 72 and hawaii nov 18 72 hope that answers you're question utmom2008 there is this greeat site where you can but 40 dvds with every bit of concert foootage of elvis from 69-77 the site is www.elvis-presley-sperstar.de/ its called andreas elvis presley dvds 69-77 not sure if i have the right web address so sorry if its not right just retype it into you search the www address
    Thanks for the link....I just looked around a bit. It doesn't list what dates from the summer of '72, but I was a bit skeptical of the DVD because it says July of '72...Elvis didn't open until August 4th of '72.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Thanks for the link....I just looked around a bit. It doesn't list what dates from the summer of '72, but I was a bit skeptical of the DVD because it says July of '72...Elvis didn't open until August 4th of '72.
    My gosh Rosanne it would be so amazing if you could find some film or a picture of you getting your scarf! Are any of the concerts you attended on film?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast