Thread: Im 10,000 Years Old [elvis Country]

Im 10,000 Years Old [elvis Country]

Talking about this great release, i wondered what u guys thought about the quite brave idea at the time by RCA to sequence a song inbetween tracks [I Was Born About 10,000 Years Ago] .
    When they did the remastered cd in 2000 with the xtra tracks, should they have mixed the complete album that way ? it sounds odd only having half the cd that way

I think this is great, it is cool to listen to !
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    Talking about this great release, i wondered what u guys thought about the quite brave idea at the time by RCA to sequence a song inbetween tracks [I Was Born About 10,000 Years Ago] .
    When they did the remastered cd in 2000 with the xtra tracks, should they have mixed the complete album that way ? it sounds odd only having half the cd that way
    In it's day...Elvis Country was neat to hear it done that way. It is still one of my favorites. I would have done the CD either all one way or the other way...but not halfway!

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Well...the CD kept the presentation of the original LP intact and featured extra tracks. It isn't as though they made the CD from scratch and gave up on splicing in parts of "10,000" halfway through the project.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    Well...the CD kept the presentation of the original LP intact and featured extra tracks. It isn't as though they made the CD from scratch and gave up on splicing in parts of "10,000" halfway through the project.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.....so the original Elvis Country stayed in tact?
    That being the case..I have no problem with it......

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Right...when the remastered ELVIS COUNTRY came out in 2000, the first 12 songs were presented as they were originally released on the LP. Then following MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY (the last song on the original LP), the remastered CD presented the 6 bonus songs...one of which was the full unedited version of I WAS BORN ABOUT 10,000 YEARS AGO.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

i loved this cd its where i found my no.1 all time fav elvis song where did they go lord but i didn't like bits of a song on the tracks but it was a great cd

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    i have that cd, when i first took a listen, i thought i had lost my mind, then i read the liner notes about the song running through in spurts. after listening to it a few more times, i liked the song being introduced in segments. it did take a while to get used to it, tho.
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

It does take a few listens to the album to get used to it...the only thing I wish they would have done with the original album is include the full version of the song, so that people could hear it at the end of the album after hearing all of the snippets on the rest of the album. Instead, we had to wait until ELVIS NOW came out in 1972 to hear the full song!!

Glad they corrected that with the CD reissue in 2000!!

TCB!
    Mike

What a great album this was and still is.

I highly suggest anyone, if they are able and willing, to find a copy of the 24 bit Japanese remaster.

ABSOLUTELY FRANKIEG!!!

Definitely one of his best "concept" albums....a very well flowing, well balanced album!!

And although I don't have this album in the Japanese remastered format, I do have several other albums done this way and I can second what Frankieg is saying....if you can get this one in the Japanese 24-bit format, I am sure it is FANTASTIC!!!

TCB!
    Mike

There is so much praise given to these japanese versions .... are they still available today ? would love to pick a few up on Amazon or elsewhere [if possible]

SleepyJack
    Back in the old days it used to drive me mad when making compilation tapes!!.....the song would finish taping and then there would be a blast of "I was born...."... used to make me scream!!........Great album and more thought out than a lot of the others.Part of me wishes that "A hundred years from now" had made it on there.

A lil info for those who don't know much about the sublime Japanese remasters.

Back in 1999/2000, BMG in Japan, or BMG Funhouse, started remastering Elvis' original albums using 24 bit technology.

The final sonic results were, in most cases, outstanding and the final sound on each recording is actually better than what has been released in the United States and elsewhere.

To really appreciate these releases, take 2 cd's of the same album, then play and listen to each track side by side and you can very well hear a big difference.

What really surprised me was the "King Creole" cd the Japanese released actually had the same mix, eq, everything, that the original 1958 Lp Master had!!!

IMHO, The 24 Bit Japanese releases stand head and shoulders above their counterparts released anywhere at anytime !!!

Good Luck in finding them and enjoy !!!

well there is always something i need to buy so i'll get looking if they are as good as you say then i'm sure i'll enjoy listening to them

That is a fact Frankieg, those Japanese cd's sound very clear. Like f.i. Raised On Rock, better sounding than the US version.

I thought they did a pretty decent job on remastering the RAISED ON ROCK album for the recent FTD upgrade over the original RCA CD release.

Is the Japanese version of ROR even better than the FTD upgrade?

TCB!
    Mike