Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger, the star of Brokeback Mountain, has been found dead

Loving elvis

Heath Ledger, the star of Brokeback Mountain, has been found dead

Heath Ledger, the star of Brokeback Mountain, has been found dead at his Manhattan residence, New York police said Tuesday.

Heath Ledger, left, and Jake Gyllenhaal, in a scene from Brokeback Mountain, which earned Ledger a Golden Globe and an Academy Award nomination.
    (Focus Features/ Kimberly French/Associated Press)
    No cause of death has been confirmed, but police say the death may be drug-related. Ledger was 28.

Ledger was found by his housekeeper at about 3.26 p.m. ET at the apartment in the upscale Soho neighbourhood where he lived, according to NYPD spokesman Paul Browne.

The housekeeper was looking for him to let him know his masseuse had arrived Ledger, born in Perth, Australia, earned an Academy Award nomination and won a Golden Globe for his role as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

He began acting in amateur theatre at age 10 and at 16, moved to Sydney, where he began acting in TV.

Ledger made his film debut in the 1997 Australian movie Blackrock and went on to make films such as 10 Things I Hate About You and Ned Kelly, about a notorious Australian outlaw.

Heath Ledger with Michelle Williams at the 78th Academy Awards in March 2006.
    (Kevork Djansezian/Associated Press)
    He became a known as a heartthrob with 10 Things and A Knight’s Tale, but secured a reputation as a serious actor with his turn as Billy Bob Thornton’s troubled son in Monster’s Ball.

Ledger was engaged to actress Michelle Williams, his co-star in Brokeback Mountain and they have a daughter, Matilda Rose, born Oct. 28, 2005.

However, last September, Ledger's father reported the couple had separated.

He was scheduled to to appear as the Joker this year in The Dark Knight, a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins that recently finished filming.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/20...ss#skip300x250
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arts-brokeback-cp-797555.jpg   arts-ledger3-cp-4212216.jpg  

How terrible !! Only 28 ??
    I liked Brokeback Mountain. Thought both guys did a great job in that movie . Thanks, Jen.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

I saw that on the news, I was shocked ...may he RIP...
    Thanks, for posting.

franny

I Said on a previous post that celebrities die in threes. 1st Brad Renfro 2nd Suzanne Pleschette (BoB Newhart Show) 3rd Heath Ledger. Also Alan Melvin (All in the Family) Well, that makes four,but you get my meaning. God Bless these talented people,such a loss.

I just heard about this tonight from my daughter. We really liked him in Brokeback Mountain but even more so in A Knight's Tale. So sorry to hear he died so young.

Diane

Unhappy So Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is to sad I really feel for the family .One of my children is his age.I also like the movie he co star in with Mel Gibson--The Patriot--
    God Bless him an his Dear Family
    TCB W/TLC (((HUGS))...

Sick With sadness

I am just so sadden with this news i first saw him in 10 things i hate about you and many other great ones... We should all pray for his family and his little sweet baby girl ....may he be at peace
    R.I.P ~ROSANNE~
    We will forever miss you at TCB
    Tell Elvis we say HI

re

Very sad news.
    Rest in Peace
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

I just read that the Westboro Church of Topeka, Kansas (the group who protests at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq, and anyone even remotely connected with homosexuality) is flying people down to Australia to protest at Heath's funeral - presumably because of his role in Brokeback Mountain.

Sick bastards ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Disgusting! Leave the man and his family alone at a sad time like this!

Diane

Oh my god! The man is NOT a homosexual - it was just a darn movie! Give it a break already.....and even if he was - who the heck cares??? I hate when folks act like that - do they not have anything better to do?

I thought the law forbid them to do that here .
    Best to just keep them out of the country.
    Some churches need to reread their Bible .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    I just read that the Westboro Church of Topeka, Kansas (the group who protests at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq, and anyone even remotely connected with homosexuality) is flying people down to Australia to protest at Heath's funeral - presumably because of his role in Brokeback Mountain.

Sick bastards ...
    Know what getlo, this is low thing to did, I had my way you been ban for this one
    I was Shock Too About It I saw it on Yahoo News and Few hrs my step -daugther about same time I was read it, my wife was sleeping at time, I got upset about this now with this bull@#$% by you .
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

oh one thing Getlo, I got few Family members are Gay and I love them same as anothers
    in my famliy, they are aunt and unlce. they are my father half sister and half brother
    next time you say something about gay people, you are say to me and my family , I'm Stop there before I get Ban From here I want To Say to Getlo.
    TOM
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Quote Originally Posted by poormansgold View Post
    oh one thing Getlo, I got few Family members are Gay and I love them same as anothers
    in my famliy, they are aunt and unlce. they are my father half sister and half brother
    next time you say something about gay people, you are say to me and my family , I'm Stop there before I get Ban From here I want To Say to Getlo.
    TOM
    Tom, what drugs are you on?

Re-read my post ... carefully this time! ...

Now, to whom was I referring when I said "sick bastards" ... ?

Was it gay people?

No, it was .... anyone?

Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

it's way it was put it together , if I mis read it I'm sorry ok. It's not been post it all ok I'm not on Drugs,
    Liked I told everyone on tCB I'm not good with words, because with my stoke at brith, my mind don't like your's do.
    Tom
    Last edited by poormansgold; 01-23-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Okay then.

Obviously, I was referring to that "church" as the "sick bastards" ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Yes, I believe you misunderstood that, Tom. I believe we all share the same thoughts on this loss and are of the same mind about this group Getlo reported on as well.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    How terrible !! Only 28 ??
    I liked Brokeback Mountain. Thought both guys did a great job in that movie . Thanks, Jen.
    I agree......a wonderful movie. Did you realize that when it was filmed the 4 leads were 25, 23, 22 and 22? Amazing acting!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I just heard about this tonight from my daughter. We really liked him in Brokeback Mountain but even more so in A Knight's Tale. So sorry to hear he died so young.

Diane
    And...he was great in "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast