Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: question about Sean Shaver

Loving elvis

question about Sean Shaver

Does anybody know if this guy Sean Shaver took the photo's of linda posing all around graceland and if elvis asked him to do it??

MissyM
    I've wondered that too. Good question.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I've wondered that too. Good question.
    yes missy l'am very curious cause we all know how elvis was about taking private pictures when he wasn't around, so l like to know the turth as to why linda got to pose.

dunno......if he took pics of linda..but i do know he is a good person or was..i dont know if hes still alive...i always bought my elvis pictures from Sean Shaver in 75-76 until 78 i have tons of elvis pics in my collection thanks to him..and he was very kind i would send canadian money cash in the envelope to pay for the set i pics i would order all the time and he had no problem with that..one of the best elvis photographers ever..he used to live in kansas city
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Sean was a good guy and indeed Elvis commissioned him to take quite a few pics of not just Linda but Pris as well. Sadly he passed away.

Elvis gave Jeanne Lemay ok to take pics as well, even posing in some of them.

Why this fray about the pics? Pris posed at the top of the second story landing sticking her tongue out, to me that is way more disrespectful then Linda posing for photos that Elvis ASKED for.

The pictures of Linda around Graceland are from the collection of Sherif Hanna.
    From what I've heard Sean Shaver is an unsavoury character.
    That aint tactics honey....that's just the beast in me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/GeordieBroon/elvisheader.jpg

Elvis PRESLEY:The most important, most influential artist of the 20th century. b. 8 Jan 1935, Mississippi, US, d. 16 Aug 1977. He holds, or has held, almost every chart-related record including perhaps the most important: more No.1s than any act in chart history.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    thank you

Unsavory in what way? I"ve heard nothing but good about him from those that actually knew and spent time w/him.

Amazing how some pick and chose what they want to believe w/o so much as reading up on anything, except maybe MAYBE one book. ROF

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    from what I've heard ??? and thats good enough for you???..well buddy dont believe everything you hear...sean was a great person..im really sad to hear he passed away ...at least i got facts about him not gossip ..from the time i did buisness with him from 75 to 79 he was the best..i always looked forward to recieving those unique blue envelopes from him back in the good old days..def he was the best elvis photographer he was a good friend
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    my Selena Website

Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post
    from what I've heard ??? and thats good enough for you???..well buddy dont believe everything you hear...sean was a great person..im really sad to hear he passed away ...at least i got facts about him not gossip ..from the time i did buisness with him from 75 to 79 he was the best..i always looked forward to recieving those unique blue envelopes from him back in the good old days..def he was the best elvis photographer he was a good friend
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Well said!

by the way love your elvis site
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    my Selena Website

Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post

by the way love your elvis site
    Wow, thank you! I'm in midst of working on a new layout as it is way past the "Tis the Season" lol
    I appreciate the kind words about the site though, I really do, thank you again.

Thank those of you who stuck up for Sean. Like all human beings he is complicated, but Sean through a **** of a lot of perserverance brought us wonderful pictures of Elvis, and some of the most gorgeous Elvis photo books ever made.... that we fans would not have otherwise had... and for that as fans we should always be grateful!

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    Thank those of you who stuck up for Sean. Like all human beings he is complicated, but Sean through a **** of a lot of perserverance brought us wonderful pictures of Elvis, and some of the most gorgeous Elvis photo books ever made.... that we fans would not have otherwise had... and for that as fans we should always be grateful!
    Well put!

How anyone could speak ill of him I don't know....I guess they never took the time to find out for themselves but went off of what other's who may have had an axe to grind or jealousy cloud their view.
    He was complex, but so are all human beings, some more then others, but had it not been for him, as you said, we would not have the wonderful photos that we have of Elvis and if for nothing else, for that he deserves our kind words.
    And it says a lot to me that Elvis trusted him enough to allow him that closeness and to ask him to do the private photos, that initself is good enough for me.

Everything Suzan said in this topic is true, but that`s not what "Presley 31" wants to hear. She wants to hear that Sean didn`t make any of those pictures so she can win a discussion she`s having on another forum with a friend of mine.

I knew Sean very well and spent several days at his ranch in Kansas City and traveled through Memphis with him in 1991. This guy is so extremly generous and i`m glad to read that "Epmoodyblue", Suzan and "Sweetcaroline" have the same experience.

I know for a fact that Sean took some of the pictures that are in the Graceland book, don`t know who took the others. I`ve seen the pictures and negatives in his home in Kansas City while i was visiting and believe me......this is just the top of the iceberg. Sean had pictures of Linda in the foyer wich we will never see, because they are too sexy. Sean made these pictures of Linda as a surprise for Elvis and Elvis loved them.
    I don`t know if Jeanne Lemay took the other pictures, but Elvis was close to her too. She even worked for him as a secretary.
    She stayed in the same hotel as i did last summer in Horn Lake while we where both there for the 30th anniversary. On August the 16th i met her again in Vernon`s house and she seems like a really nice lady.
    As where Sean is concerned....he was indeed a strange guy. He loved women but never married. He could scream at a waiter in a hotel and give him a 40 dollar tip as he left, but what counts is that Sean loved Elvis and he gave us the most beautiful pictures ever including those from Linda.
    So "Presley31".....in case you`re wondering if i`m making this story up......i can prove it with several letters that Sean has written me about those pictures. He knew i loved Linda and used to tease me with it in his letters. Those pictures where just as rare as the ones from Elvis`suite at the Las Vegas Hilton......if you know what i mean........
    ELVIS IS KING AND YOU REMEMBER THAT !

Quote Originally Posted by ad schijven View Post
    Everything Suzan said in this topic is true, but that`s not what "Presley 31" wants to hear. She wants to hear that Sean didn`t make any of those pictures so she can win a discussion she`s having on another forum with a friend of mine.

I knew Sean very well and spent several days at his ranch in Kansas City and traveled through Memphis with him in 1991. This guy is so extremly generous and i`m glad to read that "Epmoodyblue", Suzan and "Sweetcaroline" have the same experience.

I know for a fact that Sean took some of the pictures that are in the Graceland book, don`t know who took the others. I`ve seen the pictures and negatives in his home in Kansas City while i was visiting and believe me......this is just the top of the iceberg. Sean had pictures of Linda in the foyer wich we will never see, because they are too sexy. Sean made these pictures of Linda as a surprise for Elvis and Elvis loved them.
    I don`t know if Jeanne Lemay took the other pictures, but Elvis was close to her too. She even worked for him as a secretary.
    She stayed in the same hotel as i did last summer in Horn Lake while we where both there for the 30th anniversary. On August the 16th i met her again in Vernon`s house and she seems like a really nice lady.
    As where Sean is concerned....he was indeed a strange guy. He loved women but never married. He could scream at a waiter in a hotel and give him a 40 dollar tip as he left, but what counts is that Sean loved Elvis and he gave us the most beautiful pictures ever including those from Linda.
    So "Presley31".....in case you`re wondering if i`m making this story up......i can prove it with several letters that Sean has written me about those pictures. He knew i loved Linda and used to tease me with it in his letters. Those pictures where just as rare as the ones from Elvis`suite at the Las Vegas Hilton......if you know what i mean........
    So can you settle the question "Is Sean still alive?" I've been trying to get a definitive answer to that for 4 years. His site use to have a message up front which started out something like "This site is dedicated to the memory of Sean Shaver...." so it sounds like he died. Some say he did, some say he moved to Mexico-some say he wants people to think he died.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by ad schijven View Post

Thank you.
    Last edited by presley31; 01-19-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Loving elvis
    Are these the ones done by sean?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11-1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Sean was a good guy and indeed Elvis commissioned him to take quite a few pics of not just Linda but Pris as well. Sadly he passed away.

Elvis gave Jeanne Lemay ok to take pics as well, even posing in some of them.

Why this fray about the pics? Pris posed at the top of the second story landing sticking her tongue out, to me that is way more disrespectful then Linda posing for photos that Elvis ASKED for.
    Actually.....I think Sean may still be alive, living in south Texas. This is what Gail told me this past week, and I think maybe SweetCaroline knows his whereabouts. I have just bought a photo book by Sean Shaver...can't wait to get it!

In the early to mid 70's Sean had one of the absolute best fan clubs around!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    So....it sounds like I should be really excited about my photo album!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast