Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Astrodome 74 - Some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Hey Rosanne,
    YES!!! This is Gail D. OMG - I can't believe this!!! I was reading your posts earlier and kept thinking "this has got to be her"!!! Where have you been? Gosh, we need to talk - been too long girlfriend!!!
    We have got to share with everyone on here how far back we go....and that it was Elvis that brought us together!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO excited!!

I think we were what about 12 or 13 when we became pen pals? Now, we're 48 - now that's a long long time!! This is way too cool!!!!

I remember you hanging over the rail at the dome - I was right there next to you hanging out there as far as we could!!! Your dad got the tickets from some guy here - Tommie Vaugh, I think???

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    I remember you hanging over the rail at the dome - I was right there next to you hanging out there as far as we could!!! Your dad got the tickets from some guy here - Tommie Vaugh, I think???
    Yes..it was Tommy Vaughn! Your memory is great, except you have run our age back a year!
    We met as pen pals thru an Elvis fan club. I lived in Dallas and Gail lived in Houston. We became really close....one weekend she flew to Dallas and spent the weekend with me. We were 2 teenagers having a blast staying up all night talking Elvis. We remained close until we both married and drifted apart. You guys have NO idea how many times I have thought of Gail, and wondered where in the world she was! Elvis has worked his magic one more time...and here we have found each other after 30 years. I would like to think he's smiling down at this moment!

Was it Sean Shaver's fan club we met through? I know we wrote hundreds, if not thousands of letters. And, the long distance phone calls - remember getting in trouble for talking on the phone too long and too often?? We couldn't help it - we had to talk about the latest album, the lastest tour, the next time we were gonna see him!!! OMG - those were the days!!! I still have a picture of you somewhere - I'm gonna have to go on a search through boxes and find it!!
    Yes, Elvis has definitely worked his magic again - never in my wildest dreams did I ever think of finding you here today - or any other day for that matter!!

Got time for a quick chat in the chat room?

Rosanne....is this the same pen-pal you told me about in a private message a few weeks ago? How AWESOME if so!!!!!!!!!!!

A toast to Elvis and to two friends brought together again.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    Rosanne....is this the same pen-pal you told me about in a private message a few weeks ago? How AWESOME if so!!!!!!!!!!!

A toast to Elvis and to two friends brought together again.
    Yes Carole...can you believe this???? we have been talking all night...like we were together yesterday! I am so excited to find her again....I'll write you tomorrow and tell you more!

Hehe, my post brought old friends together again!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Yes, Toffe, You deserve a too.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by toffe View Post
    Hehe, my post brought old friends together again!
    You are right! A thousand hugs for you!

International Level
    I think its so neat how internet can help ole' friends, family and etc find each other again. Couple years ago I went into video, voice chat program in a Altanta Room, and would you believe my ole friend from 1st grade up til I moved from Altanta was in that room.

I'm so happy for you utmom and gail!

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Dudcowboy_1 View Post
    I think its so neat how internet can help ole' friends, family and etc find each other again. Couple years ago I went into video, voice chat program in a Altanta Room, and would you believe my ole friend from 1st grade up til I moved from Altanta was in that room.

I'm so happy for you utmom and gail!

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley
    Thanks Tim...I appreciate that and I know Gail will too. And, you are right, the internet can help to make the world a smaller place.

Aww, Rosanne and Gail, you two brought a big smile on my face
    This is so nice to see two friends together again...hugs to both of you

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Yes Carole...can you believe this???? we have been talking all night...like we were together yesterday! I am so excited to find her again....I'll write you tomorrow and tell you more!
    This is the heart warming stories that are so great coming from the Elvis World !
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Cally
    This has been the most nicest thead I have ever read here. I'm pleased old friends are reunited thanks to Elvis!

You guys have no idea how happy this made me last night!! I've thought about her so many times. In fact, about a month ago I found this girl on MySpace and I thought she was her daughter and was so let down when it wasn't! We were so young and so very much in love with Elvis - the other kids at school didn't understand - but we both spoke the same language!! She was my first and bestest Elvis friend I ever had!!! I love that girl! Cheers to Toffe for posting these pictures that brought me in this thread!!

Roseanne and Gail, how fantastic!
    What a great thing to read and thanks both for sharing the excitement of your rediscovery - a joy to read!

This is one of the most heartwarming threads I've read in a long time! So happy for you Rosanne and Gail. Now you can spend lots more years talking about Elvis and catching up on old news together!!!

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I have both of these shows on cassette, I haven't listened to them in a long time. Jak...what is it that you find interesting in the bootleg CD?
    The shows are different because the orchestra is gone.Elvis always had such a "big" sound in his concerts.At these shows you just get him and his band.That made it unique.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast