Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis looking GREAT in 1974-1977!

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    I would suggest the change was even quicker than that.

February 12, 1977, Hollywood Florida - the absolute worst he ever looked. On this night, he defined the Fat Elvis image. A shambles. A wreck. He shouldn't have been on stage.

February 13, 1977 - West Palm Beach Florida - he looked far better the following night.

But by the 15th in Orlando, he looked like hell again. And for the rest of the tour ... average at best.
    To me, it's fascinating how your looks can change in 24 hours. I realize that they actually did, from looking at pics, but it's still mind boggling to me...

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    To me, it's fascinating how your looks can change in 24 hours. I realize that they actually did, from looking at pics, but it's still mind boggling to me...
    A lot of it was bloating, from the meds and he was also retaining water. If you look at the June 26th 1977 video of him at the Indy airport meeting Todd Slaughter, he looked thinner then he had in two years!

I know That went a person is Ill or On drugs can changes alot in few days, The bloating from drugs and been ill , if he had cancer he say too few people that the change from too. I see alot of peop le have cancer or they on alot meds. his liver been working overtime because of the meds, and I think He wasn't get alot sleep too.
    I'm going thru it myself now. there times my weight goes down in mornings , next i know few hours I gain 5 lbs in few hrs , I don't eat alot , I drink wrong things, lol
    We needed to think that time we don't have help we have now for that.
    I'm going something he going thru , the middle age living in few years now I will be top that old hill, after that it's all down hill that, lol
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

I almost couldn't believe that airport footage was only a couple of days after the Rapid City show.
    Maybe he should've started singing wearing that jogging suit. Then he would've been ahead of his time, it's so 2005. All these rappers with their Jogging Suits.

I'm stunned at how much of a difference only a few days make - those June 77 photo's look NOTHING like his bloated self on EIC. I'm shocked at how quickly he can change. I know meds (especially prednisone/steriods) cause severe bloating/weight gain - I don't know what he was taking to cause the bloating though. wow...I'm just stunned is all.

I've been leaning towards the cortisone/prednisone meds for causing Elvis' bloating all along. They may be others he was taking that also could cause it but from personal experience. those are the badies for weight gain and swelling. They are never ever for long term use.

Diane
    Last edited by Diane; 01-10-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I've been leaning towards the cortisone/prednisone meds for causing Elvis' bloating all along. They may be others he was taking that also could cause it but from personal experience. those are the badies for weight gain and swelling. There are never ever for long term use.

Diane
    That is what happened to comedian Jerry Lewis - the prednisone turned him into a HUGE person - he was taking it for an illness - I think he got off of it and the weight started coming off.

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    I almost couldn't believe that airport footage was only a couple of days after the Rapid City show.
    The Indianapolis, IN airport footage wasn't shot just a couple of days after the Rapid City, SD show. That footage is from five days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I've been leaning towards the cortisone/prednisone meds for causing Elvis' bloating all along. They may be others he was taking that also could cause it but from personal experience. those are the badies for weight gain and swelling. They are never ever for long term use.

Diane
    I agree with you Diane. My sister-n-law had to be on a low dosage of prednisone for almost a year, and her weight just ballooned up. Part of it was that puffy look,but on top of that it made her her absolutely ravenous. She gained about 40 lbs, the Dr. said half was eating too much and the other half was water retention.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Yes, at times you could clearly see that Elvis wasn't just heavy (from eating), but also real puffy/bloated because of (as we know now) water retention.

It's unbelievable indeed how his look (and health) could differ from day to day.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Smile The Man Is TCB!

Baby The Man Is Hot!!!!!!!LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13_100.gif   68comeback%5F243820.jpg  
    Last edited by LORRIELOVESELVIS; 01-10-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I would suggest that 1977 was a complete rollercoaster, I would even suggest that Elvis could change by the hour
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Columbia 18 Feb 77.jpg   Knoxville TN 29th May 77.jpg   Jacksonville Fl 30th May 77.jpg  

Georgia 1st June 77.jpg   Green Bay April 28th 77.jpg  

I would have to agree with you Matt. The changes in Elvis actually in the last two years, were shocking.

Rosanne, I'd never been on prednisone for more than the 10-day prescription allowance for 4 different times in my life and each time my face puffed up and I was told well I would just have to put up with it. I wasn't on long enough to get more than just a bit bloated body wise or to gain more than a couple of pounds but those times were enough for me to refuse to ever take them again. Was not Elvis allergic to cortisone? In any case, it's a steroid and dangerous.

Diane

have to say there were good days and some bad days...the only constant was that his voice never faultered
    [SIGPIC]
    TEDDYBEAR64

I think it must make everyone bloated. I thought he was allergic to Codeine??

Yup, you're right Rosanne, it was Codeine...my mistake.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by poormansgold View Post
    if he had cancer he say too few people that the change from too. I see alot of peop le have cancer or they on alot meds.
    Elvis Presley did not have cancer ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

it is also fair to say he can be caught in good poses and bad ones in the same concert.
    However, it is hard to find any real bad photos from his final concert.
    rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12