Thread: Rare Elvis Presley Footage on eBay.

Loving elvis

Rare Elvis Presley Footage on eBay.

Saw this on the elvis collectors gold news

The iSold It Sherman Oaks location has been selected to manage the eBay listing for rare, never before seen, backstage footage of Elvis Presley. The eBay listing will begin on Saturday, January 12th 2008 at http://www.isolditso.com

The listing is for 4 1/2 hours of black and white original unedited video and audio of Elvis Presley's last two recorded live concerts in Omaha, Nebraska, June 19, 1977, and Rapid City, South Dakota, on June 21, 1977.

It includes intimate backstage scenes, candid dressing room footage and hallway shots of Elvis, his girlfriend, Ginger Alden, and his father, Vernon Presley. It also includes the presentation of the Full Circle Medallion of Life from the Sioux Indian Reservation. The concerts are unedited and contain the original audio mix and camera shots. The electricity and excitement is utterly phenomenal.

The two concerts include approximately 27 different songs sung by Elvis. At that time, no one dreamed Elvis would die six weeks later. This unedited footage was a direct feed into the recording/audio engineer's truck. The Presley Estate has given the engineer's widow their consent to sell this unique one-of-kind package as a collector's treasure only.

The Estate will not give its consent for reproduction. More information about these special events can be found on numerous places on the internet including the official Elvis website: http://www.elvis.com

2008/01/09 Centredaily / www.epgold.com

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Thanks for the info presley31!!!

It will be interesting to see what the final sale price of this is...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Something tells me that this is prolly the same stuff we've all got....there can't be anything new on this set, can there?

"The concerts are unedited and contain the original audio mix and
    camera shots. The two concerts include approximately 27 different songs sung by Elvis. This unedited footage was a direct feed into the recording/audio engineer's truck."

Okay, so if it's "four and a half hours" - each show ran for roughly an hour. That leaves two and a half hours. The backstage stuff most of us have seen before: take off half an hour for that.

I'd suggest the remaining couple of hours would be backstage setting up (ie non-Elvis), fan interviews and the like.

I don't think this is anything to get too excited about: the B&W original feed was also for sale some time in the 80s.

I'd suggest there would be very little of actual Elvis footage that we've not seen in this stuff ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    "The concerts are unedited and contain the original audio mix and
    camera shots. The two concerts include approximately 27 different songs sung by Elvis. This unedited footage was a direct feed into the recording/audio engineer's truck."

Okay, so if it's "four and a half hours" - each show ran for roughly an hour. That leaves two and a half hours. The backstage stuff most of us have seen before: take off half an hour for that.

I'd suggest the remaining couple of hours would be backstage setting up (ie non-Elvis), fan interviews and the like.

I don't think this is anything to get too excited about: the B&W original feed was also for sale some time in the 80s.

I'd suggest there would be very little of actual Elvis footage that we've not seen in this stuff ...
    I would bet that you're right Getlo!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    It could also very well be that (like the On Tour outtakes), more angles of songs were recorded (and kept).

If all recorded angles are from good quality, we can finaly have a good "In Concert" with less un-flattering angles/images of Elvis.

But, as Getlo mentioned, it could also be that the buyer will be treated on hours of interviews with fans that CBS recorded on the airport and outside the arenas.

I won't expect too much of the intimate backstage scenes and candid dressing room footage. I think it'll be not much more than what we've already seen on the various bootleg versions. We already ahve footage from the moment he steps out of the car, until he walks into the dressingroom (where the cameracrew is being forced to leave), until the little Indian girl enters the dressingroom for the medaillion of life, until he leaves the dressingroom to walk to the stage, until he leaves it and walks back to the car. :p
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I certainly don't believe there will be anything much to shout about otherwise we would have seen footage like this up for sale years ago