Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The book "The Death of Elvis"

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The girdle/brace thing is rubbish. But the saran wrap scenario is entirely plausible.

I agree, Getlo.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The Death of Elvis is easily the best book on, well, the death of Elvis ... ever.

When the autopsy results are finally revealed in 2027, you will find the majority of findings in this book will be proven correct, more so than any other tome - mark my words.
    Even when it's released, I still don't think we'll know all the facts of what really happened....

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I agree, Getlo.

Even when it's released, I still don't think we'll know all the facts of what really happened....

l agree tony. l think it may still be a Mystery

There sure are no guarantees of completely truth when it comes to information on Elvis.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    There sure are no guarantees of completely truth when it comes to information on Elvis.

Diane
    You are right Diane, and that is so frustrating. I understand some lines being blurred through the years, but how difficult is to know the truth about the "teeth" story? I mean..either they were smashed out, or they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    You are right Diane, and that is so frustrating. I understand some lines being blurred through the years, but how difficult is to know the truth about the "teeth" story? I mean..either they were smashed out, or they weren't.
    According to the mortician and Geller .
    There was no smashed teeth.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Thank you Cameron, I hope that's right....that really bothers me!

Diane

Elvis had capped teeth, he swallowed a cap in the 50s by accident which had to be removed in the hospital. They may have smashed the caps but his real teeth were not? Thats a guess.

There is a book out with the morticians notes. He remarks on the "beautiful white teeth." He's passed away now. I called the man that authored his book. So did Tony Trout.

While I was talking to him; I also asked about there being a cranial autopsy as that was in some books too. He said there wasn't one.

I emailed Geller with both questions. He said the same.No smashed teeth and no cranial autopsy. That's good enough for me.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    There is a book out with the morticians notes. He remarks on the "beautiful white teeth." He's passed away now. I called the man that authored his book. So did Tony Trout.

While I was talking to him; I also asked about there being a cranial autopsy as that was in some books too. He said there wasn't one.

I emailed Geller with both questions. He said the same.No smashed teeth and no cranial autopsy. That's good enough for me.
    Wasn't Dan Warlick the Shelby County Medical Investigator?? He says he was in the room while the autopsy was being done, and goes into specific details on the cranial section. He says that was the only way to rule out a brain aneurysm. I think that we all would like to think that it wasn't done, but I'm guessing it was because none of the other major organs would have killed him. I think I'm going to go with the Medical Investigator that was in the room with the body, before I go with Larry Geller.....

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Elvis had capped teeth, he swallowed a cap in the 50s by accident which had to be removed in the hospital. They may have smashed the caps but his real teeth were not? Thats a guess.
    Actually KPM...they are one and the same. I know this because most of my teeth are capped as well. To "cap" or "crown" a tooth the actual tooth is filed down to a small point and then the "cap" fits over that...

Actually KPM...they are one and the same. I know this because most of my teeth are capped as well. To "cap" or "crown" a tooth the actual tooth is filed down to a small point and then the "cap" fits over that...
    Thanks I'm sure thats true-but he did swallow a cap on the set of "Jailhouse Rock" so he still had some tooth left, so obviously the cap can be separated from the tooth? If I recall the cap lodged in one of his bronchial tubes leading to his lung. Like I said it was just a guess.
    I checked in the book "Elvis Day by Day" and on May 14th 1957 he swallowed the cap which was dislodged during rehearsals of a dance sequence-it was removed from his lung on the 15th.
    Last edited by KPM; 01-08-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks I'm sure thats true-but he did swallow a cap on the set of "Jailhouse Rock" so he still had some tooth left, so obviously the cap can be separated from the tooth? If I recall the cap lodged in one of his bronchial tubes leading to his lung. Like I said it was just a guess.
    Yes...the cap itself can come off, leaving just the little point of the tooth. I can't imagine one lodging in your bronchial tubes...I'm assuming that could be really dangerous.

Yes...the cap itself can come off, leaving just the little point of the tooth. I can't imagine one lodging in your bronchial tubes...I'm assuming that could be really dangerous.
    If I recall correctly he complained to the director that he had some pain in his chest during a break and then while talking everyone noticed he had a slight whistle in his voice. He did not know he had swallowed it.

The medical examiner who was in the room also stated that they took out the brain, heart, etc..vital organs (some are still in Atlanta by some reports) and that Elvis was buried w/o these organs (unusual as majority of cases the organs are placed in a bag and buried w/the body).
    I think Getlo (once again ) is correct and much of what has been "rumors" will be shown to have been truth if and when the autopsy report is released in 2027 (the family can request that it not be, though Vernon placed a 50 yr. original cap on it).

Wasn't Dan Warlick the Shelby County Medical Investigator?? He says he was in the room while the autopsy was being done, and goes into specific details on the cranial section. He says that was the only way to rule out a brain aneurysm. I think that we all would like to think that it wasn't done, but I'm guessing it was because none of the other major organs would have killed him. I think I'm going to go with the Medical Investigator that was in the room with the body, before I go with Larry Geller.....
    Yes, Warlick was at Graceland taking pictures .
    His "heart stopped" ,according to the M.E.
    All can believe what they want, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Yes, Warlick was at Graceland taking pictures .
    His "heart stopped" ,according to the M.E.
    Yes, he was taking pictures at GL and the red flag went off for him there. Later that night he was in the autopsy room with about 15 others. Yes...the heart did stop...as all will do. This particular book closes with the diagnosis of "polypharmacy".

[QUOTE=utmom2008;175214]Yes, he was taking pictures at GL and the red flag went off for him there. Later that night he was in the autopsy room with about 15 others. Yes...the heart did stop...as all will do. This particular book closes with the diagnosis of "polypharmacy".[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I know. I read it.

Even when the reports is released there will continue to be controversy IMO
    3 Labs did work on Elvis's blood and tissue-they did not all have the same conclusions. In 1994 an official review of the autopsy and the Lab work was done by a top pathologist, Dr. Davis of Florida, and he pretty much backed The coroner, Jerry Francisco who assisted by Dr Eric Muirhead and Dr Noel Florrendo were in charge of the 3-hour autopsy. Not to mention the doctors mentioned in the book "Elvis Up Close" who reviewed the lab reports and info on the autopsy who came to their own conclusions and also shed some light in the book on Elvis's medical problems.
    I think I can say with confidence there are very differing conclusions from some very credible people on this.
    So the controversy will probably not stop when the report is finally made known. Just as Kennedys assasination is still a controversy and so on...

Even when the reports is released there will continue to be controversy IMO
    3 Labs did work on Elvis's blood and tissue-they did not all have the same conclusions. In 1994 an official review of the autopsy and the Lab work was done by a top pathologist, Dr. Davis of Florida, and he pretty much backed The coroner, Jerry Francisco who assisted by Dr Eric Muirhead and Dr Noel Florrendo were in charge of the 3-hour autopsy. Not to mention the doctors mentioned in the book "Elvis Up Close" who reviewed the lab reports and info on the autopsy who came to their own conclusions and also shed some light in the book on Elvis's medical problems.
    I think I can say with confidence there are very differing conclusions from some very credible people on this.
    So the controversy will probably not stop when the report is finally made known. Just as Kennedys assasination is still a controversy and so on...
    I was about to say the same thing KPM... It will rank up there beside the "grassy knoll" and "did Oswald act alone?"

I think you're right, KPM. Too many "conclusions" from too many reputable
    people in their own field. As we've seen; they too disagree.

I enjoy looking at the Kennedy case too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast