Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The book "The Death of Elvis"

The book "The Death of Elvis"

I pulled "The Death of Elvis" out tonight and started reading back through it, it's been over 15 years since I read it the 1st time. I had totally forgotten that this book states that in the ER they did a thoracotomy on Elvis. It says they made an incision between the 4th and 5th ribs and actually did a heart massage. Have any of us ever read that in any of the other books?? I can't seem to remember that....It also tells of them smashing his front teeth in order to open an airway.... I was curious if anyone finds this same info in another book??

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I pulled "The Death of Elvis" out tonight and started reading back through it, it's been over 15 years since I read it the 1st time. I had totally forgotten that this book states that in the ER they did a thoracotomy on Elvis. It says they made an incision between the 4th and 5th ribs and actually did a heart massage. Have any of us ever read that in any of the other books?? I can't seem to remember that....It also tells of them smashing his front teeth in order to open an airway.... I was curious if anyone finds this same info in another book??
    Most books don't get quite so graphic. But the name of that book is "The Death of Elvis"

There are several books out here that give the description of "the body."
    They give very different descriptions as well as do the MM .
    I don't have the time to go into it right now...but ask Tony Trout
    I think he keeps up with all that too.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Most books don't get quite so graphic. But the name of that book is "The Death of Elvis"
    Thanks KPM...check the header, LOL, that's the book I'm re-reading. I just wondered if any of the other "reputable" books were quite so graphic?? Thanks though!!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    There are several books out here that give the description of "the body."
    They give very different descriptions as well as do the MM .
    I don't have the time to go into it right now...but ask Tony Trout
    I think he keeps up with all that too.
    Thanks Cameron...I'll give Tony a shout.

Joe disputes the teeth info. "All the Kings Men" w/Alana Nash, goes into detail a little bit but nothing mentioned as to what your reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Joe disputes the teeth info. "All the Kings Men" w/Alana Nash, goes into detail a little bit but nothing mentioned as to what your reading.
    This is the same book that says in his later years he wore a girdle on stage, and that he often would wrap his body in "saran wrap".... This was done to hold his stomach in as well as help him sweat off pounds during a performance. I just have a little trouble believing all of that....

This is the same book that says in his later years he wore a girdle on stage, and that he often would wrap his body in "saran wrap".... This was done to hold his stomach in as well as help him sweat off pounds during a performance. I just have a little trouble believing all of that....
    I've heard those rumors b4 as well, and I think one of the MM mentiones it in an interview.
    The girdle thing is believable but everything esle I just kind of shake my head and take it w/a grain of salt or consider the source.

The girdle/brace thing is rubbish. But the saran wrap scenario is entirely plausible.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

You'll find there are discrepencies in the various reports.
    Warlick and Francisco says one thing, some of the pathologist says another and then the funeral home says something else. Of course some of the MM says something else too. Who does one believe?
    It makes one wonder if some of these authors interviewed anyone.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

The Death of Elvis is easily the best book on, well, the death of Elvis ... ever.

When the autopsy results are finally revealed in 2027, you will find the majority of findings in this book will be proven correct, more so than any other tome - mark my words.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Backstage Pass President Presley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The Death of Elvis is easily the best book on, well, the death of Elvis ... ever.

When the autopsy results are finally revealed in 2027, you will find the majority of findings in this book will be proven correct, more so than any other tome - mark my words.

2027? By then I'll hear the story by the man himself
    "Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!".
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by President Presley View Post
    2027? By then I'll hear the story by the man himself
    From some info I've gotten; it doesn't even have to be revealed then.
    I think we'll all have to wait to hear from the man himself. .

MissyM
    The problem I find is that most people not being in the medical field will take stories as truth, when actually some don't make a lick of sense. You do not perform CPR on a body with rigor. You also do not give them heart message. They are gone. Done deal and nothing aside from a miracle will bring them back from the dead.

I read the book called the death of Elvis,and according to Sonny West(who wasn't on the scene)he states that Elvis' teeth were clamped shut and he almost bit his toungue into.Joe says he gave Elvis heart massage but could perform c.p.r. because Elvis' mouth was sealed shut.And Billy and Jo Smith says Elvis whacked his leg playing racketball before he went to bed.But in the report it doesn't say a bruise was found.Alot of different accounts of what happened that day.They should all get together,and get their story straight.
    Last edited by john carpenter; 01-08-2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Mispelled word

MissyM
    Bruising does not always show untill later. Have you ever had a blood test by a bad phlebotomist. And it hurts but the next day you look at your arm and think whoa! By then you have this huge bruise. That's what it is like and when someone dies the time is greater due to the stopage of blood flow.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    The problem I find is that most people not being in the medical field will take stories as truth, when actually some don't make a lick of sense. You do not perform CPR on a body with rigor. You also do not give them heart message. They are gone. Done deal and nothing aside from a miracle will bring them back from the dead.
    At least I've never participated in anything like that ...or no one I know.

I'm sure everyone was upset; but best to ask the ones that were there at least. According to "all the books" ; Ginger was there first, then Al Strada, then Esposito. Ginger said very little for a long time. Al has said little for 25 years . Only Esposito talks and his story changes.
    No wonder people get so irate .

Loving elvis

I'm sure everyone was upset; but best to ask the ones that were there at least. According to "all the books" ; Ginger was there first, then Al Strada, then Esposito. Ginger said very little for a long time. Al has said little for 25 years . Only Esposito talks and his story changes.
    l have to agree there

You got that right Cameron....he keeps changing his stories and it's very frustrating.

Cadillac King
    elvistcbkirch is very knowlegeable on this! ask him! i do not have sufficient knowledge! good luck!
    1969 july 31st, will we ever see anything?? sob sob!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast