Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The birth of Lisa.

I was 3 mos. early and spent many months in an incubator and there was a newspaper article printed about me. LOL
    My bro was 3 wks early and sis was spot on. LOL

ROF about the son comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    I was 3 mos. early and spent many months in an incubator and there was a newspaper article printed about me. LOL
    My bro was 3 wks early and sis was spot on. LOL

ROF about the son comment.
    Wow!! 3 months early is still a huge deal even with today's technology, that had to really be something then! Well...I for one am glad yopu made it and you are here with us!!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    But, I was in the delivery room for one of mine in 1969.
    Well, naturally!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Cadillac King
    I don't think Elvis would have wanted to be there. I don't think he was a blood and guts kinda guy. Even if it was possible, back then it was almost unheard of, even that would have been a source for a million threads and jokes if he had passed out or something (not that I think he would have).

MissyM
    My husband did not go in with the first, didn't happen. Then with the second he did. And sure enough he got woosey and almost passed out. Some people just can't take it. They are better off in the waiting room.

It runs in my family to have our children 2 weeks early with short labors....just plain lucky!

Missy, our youngest grandson was also 3 months early weighing in a 2.1 pounds. We spent months and months visiting him at the hospital in his incubator. He's 6 now has double energy of most kids his age....from fighting so hard in the beginning?

Diane

TCB Mafia
    Wow Suzan, you made headlines very early in life.
    Glad you made it and that I got to know you....
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Yes I do Rosanne, there were a lot of what I consider silly rules back then. I for one felt a lot calmer being able to have my husband with me in the labor and the birthing room for our second child.

Our first child was a short labor of a little over 3 hours but boy those 3 hours felt like a lifetime! I would have given anything to have had someone to pass the time with, especially my husband.

Diane
    Lucky Diane you didn't have long labors, my boy took along time to get here, 23 hours and my man was falling alseep though half the waiting time. Lucky for me my mom was wide awake

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Yes...Diane is right. In 1968 having the father in the delivery room was virtually unheard of.
    The fathers were pacing back and forth in the waiting room -like fathers are suppose to do. I myself never felt the need to be in the room while my kids were born-I just am old fashioned I guess.

When i was born i weighed 6'6, my parents and my brother and sister said i looked like a doll. I had a full head of hair, black, of course.
    And Suzan, wow 3 months early I bet you were tiny !!! And your still here and it's nice
    How much did Lisa weigh ?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The fathers were pacing back and forth in the waiting room -like fathers are suppose to do. I myself never felt the need to be in the room while my kids were born-I just am old fashioned I guess.
    KPM. My mom still agrees with you...says that's no place for a man to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I would have been there a week prior. But maybe she went into labor early, who knows. I tried to be there for my grandaughter. But she was stubborn and didn't get out when she was supposed to. Flew home, three days later she decided to arrive.
    went into labor "early"??? Or she got pregnant earlier than originally said? lol.....

my husband was in the delivery room with me - but that is after they induced labor and declared a c-section was necessary. he stood at my head while they were delivering the baby. He was scared to death....lol....

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Or she got pregnant earlier than originally said? lol.....
    That's what I thought about also Kelly..

Don't know ladies, I keep counting and can't see where Priscilla was overly early as she and I were pregnant the same amount of months and I was only two weeks early.

Diane
    Last edited by Diane; 01-07-2008 at 03:22 PM.

MissyM
    went into labor "early"??? Or she got pregnant earlier than originally said? lol.....
    --------------
    Guess no one will know cause no P.G. pix are out there. Hmmmm makes ya wonder hey??

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Don't know ladies, I keep counting and can't see where Priscilla was overly early as she and I were pregnant the same amount of months and I was only two weeks early.

Diane
    Dunno either diane but l don't think priscilla was early or late.

Thank you so much for the beautiful words utmom and Riley, XOXOXO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12