Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something you didn't know about me concerning Elvis

MissyM

Something you didn't know about me concerning Elvis

I get up and dance when I watch Elvis movies.

I cry every time I watch "Love Me Tender" (told you I cry easy!)

My sister-in-law could have passed for Pricilla. (When Elvis first met Cilla) And it creeps me out. (I wish I could put a picture up)

MissyM
    Oh come on now ya'll. I just know you have something you so want to confess! LOL

I don't watch Elvis movies . Just his concerts and documentaries.
    I know, I'm boring.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

All right, I turn the volume up in my car playing Elvis songs and sing along but make sure my window is up.

I dance to Elvis songs in my living room.

Diane

Okay, this is between me and you; I put my favorite cd of Elvis's songs in the cd player, I grab the remote control (pretending to be the microphone) and I sing till I have no more strengh. I do it when my husband is not at home of course and when I'm not in a good mood so that I would feel better.
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    Okay, this is between me and you; I put my favorite cd of Elvis's songs in the cd player, I grab the remote control (pretending to be the microphone) and I sing till I have no more strengh. I do it when my husband is not at home of course and when I'm not in a good mood so that I would feel better.
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Aww that's cool. I was dancing to Elvis whilst listening to my mp3 player, and i was doing the Poke salad annie dance from TTWII, and my mum and dad find it amazing how i know the whole dance. Lol, sooo im pretty strange I always have my music loud in my b/r too.

Were all similar in our own little ways hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    All right, I turn the volume up in my car playing Elvis songs and sing along but make sure my window is up.
    I do the same Diane.. It's so loud that when I pull in next to someone they will give me a look! When my kids were small they would tell me that they could hear me coming up the school Blvd. to pick them up...they said they would "hear Elvis" before they "saw Mom."

TCB Mafia
    when I was 12, I wrote my own book about him (haha never published it)
    my grandma loved elvis, but didn't understand english....
    so I decided to tell everything I knew by then thanks to my english books and magazines in a book esp written for her...
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    when I was 12, I wrote my own book about him (haha never published it)
    my grandma loved elvis, but didn't understand english....
    so I decided to tell everything I knew by then thanks to my english books and magazines in a book esp written for her...
    That was really nice. Maybe my grandchildren will do something like that for me someday. They DO keep their eyes out for "new" Elvis things for me.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Loving elvis
    l dont watch elvis movies that much

sing elvis songs with my son

sing in the shower( my singing is awful)

I listen to Elvis and do his arm movements ,and sing along to "just pretend" And "if that isn't love,and a whole slew of other songs.I alway had a fantasy of being Elvis and onstage with the band behind me.I even dyed my sandy blonde hair black once,i looked more like Michael jackson than Elvis,the black hair made me look pale.LOL

MissyM
    Ok so that means I'm not that odd. Or well, at lease maybe no odder than you all! LOL Riley, I was touched by your reponse!

I am always listening to Elvis cd's in my car or at work and always sing along to them....yes even at work. They look at me crazy - but I don't care. Oh yes -and I also cry during certain songs....some songs just really tear me up inside....makes me miss him SO MUCH!!

MissyM
    I think for his birthday we should designate a certain song and all sing it at the same time for him. Happy Birthday Elvis around the world we shall call it.

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    lol i do the same thing but i used my hair brush as a microphone...I do when know ones home though it be madd embassing if my parent ever caught me lol...

um i cry whenever i hear Old Shep, and sometimes i just cry when i watch him beacuse he died to early i guess i cry for what could have been.
    i sing along to his songs in my car with the window down soemtimes.

I think I attract everything Elvis. Everywhere I go I see something Elvis related, someone mentions him or is a fan of his. And it's not just when I'm out. I could be just sitting watching TV and someone mentions or pretends to be Elvis. Sometimes it creeps my friend out.

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Ok this is top secret info LOL:

When I am alone in my house I comb my hair like Elvis in Aloha and I sing out the whole concert or as much as I can sing before I have to go out or when someone else comes home. Elvis is my backup singer and when I get to the ending of Can't Help Falling In Love I put my cape (a big towel) on and I throw it in the crowd (next room) and I imitate Elvis walking off the stage of the live concert. Then I replay Can't Help Falling In Love and do the spreading of the cape ending of the Alternate Concert.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

I enjoyed reading your answers people...I'm not so weird after all!
    A lot of his songs make me cry, some other dance...And I can run something like twice longer when I listen to Elvis while jogging

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast