Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis Presley meeting with Richard Nixon a Joke?

Elvis Presley meeting with Richard Nixon a Joke?

A controversial issue, what was in Elvis about wanting to meet President Richard Nixon? was he serious about all he speaked about in the letters he wrote asking for certain badge? or he was just telling those guys at the White House what they wanted to hear in order to get a highly priced almost unreacheble item in his badge collection.

Of course we cannot know what was really in Elvis mind about all this, but, after he became a Federal Agent, is there any evidence of Elvis actually doing a thing of what he told he could do for his Nation Goverment? Seems to me that he never did anything to take him seriously about his statments on those letters, or it was that secret?

Ok so what are your thoughts, issues and what kind of info we got from this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails '71 (29).jpg  

Elvis always wanted to be in some kind of law enforcement.I think he was sincere in wanting to meet President Nixon.Why would he travel all the way to Washington if it was just a joke? And Elvis wanted to kinda show off to his buddies that he could get anyone to do anything he wanted because he was one of the most famous men in the world.And he collected badges of all kinds.And i believe he wanted to be an undercover agent,and we will never know what his reasons were,or if he used that power later on.

I think Elvis's trip to Washington, DC on December 31, 1970 served two purposes....

1. To acquire the BNDD badge (and not just an honorary one)

2. To see Joyce Bova

Of course, this is just my opinion.....

I believe he wanted the badge, but I also believe he mean't what he said. If you read the letter, he makes several good points as far as what was happening with America's youth at the time, which considering the era in which he had grown up as a teenager and young man, was like night and day when compared with the hippie movement of the late sixties, early seventies.

The guy has a mind of hIs own and I believe he knows what he really is up to. The only thing we can do is speculate but never comes up with the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    2. To see Joyce Bova

I bet she didn't complain about it...he looked gorgeous during that outing!

Don't even ask me which book I found this in...because I don't remember .
    All I know is I'm the one that scanned it a long time ago.

"I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Wow, very interesting Cameron, thanks for sharing!

Diane

well my eyesight is bad and I can't read what it says!

nevermind, I clicked to make it bigger - DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I bet she didn't complain about it...he looked gorgeous during that outing!
    So did she!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    So did she!
    Can you post a pic from around that time??

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    Elvis always wanted to be in some kind of law enforcement.I think he was sincere in wanting to meet President Nixon.Why would he travel all the way to Washington if it was just a joke? And Elvis wanted to kinda show off to his buddies that he could get anyone to do anything he wanted because he was one of the most famous men in the world.And he collected badges of all kinds.And i believe he wanted to be an undercover agent,and we will never know what his reasons were,or if he used that power later on.
    Yes but this is what I mean, if he ONLY did all that in order to show off that he could get wherever he wanted to get and the badge was just a priced item for his collection, then there is no way to take him serious as an undercover agent. Watch it, Im no bashing Elvis, Im just asking: is there any evidence about Elvis Presley actually doing anything of what he said on those letters he wrote to the White House in '70? or after he got that badge he just went yeah! I got it! and became a concerned guy with a badge, before he was a conerned guy about America without a badge meee...

I believe he wanted the badge, but I also believe he mean't what he said. If you read the letter, he makes several good points as far as what was happening with America's youth at the time, which considering the era in which he had grown up as a teenager and young man, was like night and day when compared with the hippie movement of the late sixties, early seventies.
    Ok he was concerned, so, what did he did after he got that badge? thatīs what Im talking about here, Iīm not trying to discredit the guy, the other way Iīm trying to find out if there is any evidence of Elvis in fact doing something for his country as the so called undercover agent he was suposed to be, because you see, if there is no prove of that, the whole think will look as bad joke you know, just this guy words on letter can be read then as nothing more than a give me the badge, give me that badge, man I got to have it!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Don't even ask me which book I found this in...because I don't remember .
    All I know is I'm the one that scanned it a long time ago.

Thanks Cameron, this is what Im talking about, although still do not prove much well its a start.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 01-04-2008 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Ok he was concerned, so, what did he did after he got that badge? thatīs what Im talking about here, Iīm not trying to discredit the guy, the other way Iīm trying to find out if there is any evidence of Elvis in fact doing something for his country as the so called undercover agent he was suposed to be, because you see, if there is no prove of that, the whole think will look as bad joke you know, just this guy words on letter can be read then as nothing more than a give me the badge, give me that badge, man I got to have it!
    Action wise he didn't do a whole lot, but you have to keep in mind, he did work a lot during the seventies. From all accounts, he did support whoever was president and was a major supporter of policeman, which given the era, was pretty big because everybody and their brother involved in the hippie movement, and even people who weren't, really showed a lack of respect for the president, but even more so for policeman, or the "pigs" as they used to call them. He took time to speak and take pics with policeman in every city he toured in, despite it not being the "cool" thing to do.

Action wise he didn't do a whole lot, but you have to keep in mind, he did work a lot during the seventies. From all accounts, he did support whoever was president and was a major supporter of policeman, which given the era, was pretty big because everybody and their brother involved in the hippie movement, and even people who weren't, really showed a lack of respect for the president, but even more so for policeman, or the "pigs" as they used to call them. He took time to speak and take pics with policeman in every city he toured in, despite it not being the "cool" thing to do.

And the Memphis city police and surrounding areas showed their respect for Elvis during his funeral by taking part in whatever way they could to help the family.

The way he treated all people, in this case the way he treated police man, specialy during the 70's, speaks a lot of Elvis point of views about America, seems that some people needed Sep 11 to notice police man are not necesarly the bad dudes.

Yet, about what you are pointing out here, you donīt need a Federal Narcotics Badge (or whatever it was called) to take pics with the police forces or suporting them in anyway isnīt it? neither you need a badge to speak out your concerns about what is going on in your country something that in fact he never did and I believe he could have achieved more in doing it. So, once again, where he was going at by asking for the badge and stating in those letters that he really wanted to help his country about certain issues but he needed the badge for that? huh?

Anyhow, thanks to all for the kind replys.

P.S: As a sidenote, Sammy Davis Jr. visited Nixon in '71 and did asked for no badge.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 01-04-2008 at 04:26 PM.

The way he treated all people, in this case the way he treated police man, specialy during the 70's, speaks a lot of Elvis point of views about America, seems that some people needed Sep 11 to notice police man are not necesarly the bad dudes.

Yet, about what you are pointing out here, you donīt need a Federal Narcotics Badge (or whatever it was called) to take pics with the police forces or suporting them in anyway isnīt it? neither you need a badge to speak out your concerns about what is going on in your country something that in fact he never did and I believe he could have achieved more in doing it. So, once again, where he was going at by asking for the badge and stating in those letters that he really wanted to help his country about certain issues but he needed the badge for that? huh?

P.S: As a sidenote, Sammy Davis Jr. visited Nixon in '71 and did asked for no badge.
    Did you ever stop and think IF Elvis was to have ever went "undercover" no one could have said one thing about it.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

The real question is why did Nixon give him the badge with such ease?

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast