Thread: What would have happened?

MissyM

What would have happened?

If Vernon didn't leave Pricilla in charge of the estate. Or if the banks just didn't go along with the whole sheebang? Do you also think Elvis thought that he'd be worth so much when dead??

I don't think Elvis had the vaguest idea of how much he'd be worth after he died. I don't think the subject even crossed his mind.Is that what you're asking Missy?

Diane

MissyM
    Well I wonder if Graceland and Elvis's personal effects (or most of them) like it often happens would have been sold off and then after a while Pricilla and Lisa would have faded out of the limelight. It has always been my thought that with-out it all they would have been a second thought in everyone's mind. Not like Pricilla was a great actress. She would have prob. been a temporary one (c-rated at best) that the public is rarely concerned about. I do think people would have paid attention to Lisa growing up periodically but I sure don't think they would have had the fame and I know they wouldn't have had the fortune. Because lets face it the public is obssessed with the rich, famous and not so talented. (Pricilla-no Lisa- I'm still up in the air about her talent)

I don't know what would have happened to Graceland had Vernon not handed over the reins to Priscilla. I kind of doubt the bank would have sold off all the memorabilia etc., I think it would have been turned into what it is now - a tourist attraction and historical building. Surely the city fathers would have known they would lose if the mansion had just been let go.

Diane

Loving elvis
    if the City did have control of graceland, wouldn't that mean that lisa would of lost everything??

MissyM
    I don't think they could just take it from them. They would have had to pay for it. And then of course the bank or someone assigned would have invested the money from the sale of the estate.

I sincerly believe if Priscilla and Lisa Marie had,nt took over,the fans(us)would"nt be able to tour Graceland,and see everything we see now.And if the bank took it over,Graceland would be torn down(heaven forbid)or sold to someone else. And because of Priscilla and Lisas' savy business sence we will soon see bigger and better things.enough said.

From what I've read of that time and know about real estate....the taxes , insurance , payments ,ect. would all have to be paid or eventually, the bank could reposess it and sell the house.
    Would that have happened?? Thank goodness, no one had to find out.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

MissyM
    Taxes were due but I'm quite sure they would have given them enought time to sell and get the money to pay the back taxes. Look at all the other stars that have had to sell things to do that. But that is off topic. My question pertains to if Pricilla and Lisa benefited by way of fame and fortune from doing it the way she did. Would they have become less important in the public eye. Would they have lost much of their attention and notariety?

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    My question pertains to if Pricilla and Lisa benefited by way of fame and fortune from doing it the way she did. Would they have become less important in the public eye. Would they have lost much of their attention and notariety?
    I'm sure there would have been a natural curiosity about Priscilla and genuine interest in Lisa. However, we'll never know how the public would have felt about Elvis' ex-wife since she has so firmly planted herself into the "widow Presley" role.

Loving elvis
    i really don't think priscilla would be noticed like she is today. Lisa well eveeryone wants to know elvis's daughter.

I'm of the opinion that the media would still have been interested in Elvis' daughter, not as much, but that Priscilla would pretty much have faded out of sight unless she had latched on to someone else of importance.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Taxes were due but I'm quite sure they would have given them enought time to sell and get the money to pay the back taxes. Look at all the other stars that have had to sell things to do that. But that is off topic. My question pertains to if Pricilla and Lisa benefited by way of fame and fortune from doing it the way she did. Would they have become less important in the public eye. Would they have lost much of their attention and notariety?
    Sorry, I think I was looking at the post above someone made.

I don't think there would be much interest in Priscilla. Lisa, maybe . But not near as much as there is today. Elvis was the focal point of it all IMO.
    If I had to tell you much about either Pris or Lisa, I just wouldn't have much to say. My interests have always been in Elvis; not any of the others around him....except in passing.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Here we are again, discussing the woman that most of you don`t like.....

If Vernon had not named Priscilla executrix the other executors of the estate would have done whatever they wanted to do with Graceland. Priscilla and Lisa would have continued to be a source of curiosity for the public. Fame and fortune would have been theirs no matter what they chose to do.
    If Vernon had no Will, that would have caused a real problem. In this state, if you don`t have a Last Will and Testament, the state takes EVERYTHING you own.
    Security is not the absence of danger but the presence of God no matter what the danger.

I agree ,UD.
    Then everyone would have something to complain about .

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Unique Dog View Post
    Here we are again, discussing the woman that most of you don`t like.....

If Vernon had not named Priscilla executrix the other executors of the estate would have done whatever they wanted to do with Graceland. Priscilla and Lisa would have continued to be a source of curiosity for the public. Fame and fortune would have been theirs no matter what they chose to do.
    If Vernon had no Will, that would have caused a real problem. In this state, if you don`t have a Last Will and Testament, the state takes EVERYTHING you own.
    l agree