Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Family & Friends - Have you met them?

Elvis Family & Friends - Have you met them?

Does anybody have any interesting stories regarding a meeting with a member of the Presley family? a member of the 'Memphis Mafia'? a member of the TCB Band?

Maybe you shared a moment with Uncle Vester or Harold Loyd at the Graceland Gates...spoke to James Burton or Charlie Hodge backstage...met Lisa-Marie in person....or been involved in an incident with the more controversial characters like Red West or Donna Presley Early?

Let's hear from you.

Thumbs up

well the person i know very well isnt much a elvis family member or friend but a quiet well known character in elvis world.Its ann nixon.

I see her each month.Me and my father sat down and talked with her for hours (for those who dont know who she is she attended many elvis concerts and does reviews in 'the man and his music' magazine)

Boy has she got many funny stories about what she saw.She is such a nice person also and you can sense the love and respect for elvis.

She attended the 'caught in a trap' (i think its called) concert where elvis came out riding on a guys back with a monkey on his own back .Then later in the concert they rolled out a bed and elvis sung while lying on the bed

Man wouldnt you love to have gone to that concert

Great story Aron yeah wish I could have seen a concert

I have no spectaculair storys, but I have met Scotty Moore, DJ Fontana, Joe Guercio, James Burton, Glenn D. Hardin, Ronnie Tutt, Al Wertheimer, the Jordannaires, espacially Ray Walker was very nice. On august 16th this year I met Donna Presley, I know there is a lot of talking about her, but for me it was special to meet family of Elvis on this day, and she was very nice.

Cadillac King
    I did get to meet some of the band members - and have a few autographs : but I draw the line with friends and family making a living out of Elvis -infact I skipped going to a concert /play recently in London because it was promoted by that Donna Early - I mean how can anyone take a woman who changes her name legally to "presley" -and pretend that it was her "original" family name - kind of puts me off.

oh well to each his own. I have and will continue to avoid the "Mafia" except perhaps for Jerry Schilling -if I ever get a chance.

jb

Hi Jb, we had no choice, we were eating in a restaurant and she joined us, because she heard that we were with such a big group of people from Belgium (I was the only Dutch) to visit the Elvis week. We asked about the name change and she told when she was younger she wanted to be a model and of course the Presley name would open doors. Elvis agreed with the name change she said. That's all I know about it.

Wise Person

You wise person, jbgude!

I recommend Joe Esposito, Jerry Schilling, Linda Thompson, George Klein, Charlie Hodge, along with former Actress and model, Celeste Yarnall.

It's quite an experience to watch David Stanley perform at Elvis events too.

This Donna Presley (Pritchett) Early woman has got a dubiously interesting story eh?

Hmmm......

I'm not defending her or anybody else. But maybe it's better to judge when you have met somebody than just from hear say. There are so many people judging others because it looks good. Please don't take this the wrong way I m not saying one of you does that. But for my self I like to keep an open mind. And I must admit I didn't know a lot about her before we met. It was just a reply to a question who we have met. I hope I'm not judged not to be wise just for meeting the woman.

Spectacular Annie!

Hey P.S. Annie,

You most certainly have a spectacular story.....apart from Donna P.P. Early....watch yourself, Annie!

I'm not sure what you mean by watch your self, I just met the woman once that's all. I'm not definding her, but I have the feeling that I must defend myself to you for just the act that I have met her. I meet a lot of people every day that doesnt mean that agree with what they are doing or saying. But lets here who everybody else met, because that what is you wanted to know, right.........

No problem Annie

Hi Annie,

Not judging you at all...like I said I think you've got a great Elvis story, but just be aware of what is happening with some of the so-called Family & Friends.

It helped me to do the internet homework after I met them. For example www.elvispresleynews.com is very helpful re: Ms. Early.

No, Annie, you're cool...no probs with you.

Thanks Nea, I know that site. I have no problem with you either I'm aware of what is happening with some of the those people, but I don't judge that easy and it is just one meeting, I live in Holland so I'm sure she won't visit me

Cheers Annie

Nice one Annie!

Cheers.

(have to write something otherwise the message is to short)

OOOO , I forgot about John Wilkinson, met him at a fanclub day.

Thumbs up

my dads (if it counts ) has seen the tcb-band three or four times.Oh and i also met annette day (from double trouble) i got her to sign my album and she is such a great person to talk too

(great post by the way annie,love hearing stories such as these )

uhmm ..well i am not yet personally met elvis friend or family..but i used to have friend lived in wisconsin who also elvis big fan, and he sent me elvis book autographed by Donna Early Presley , but i heard some news about how she and her husband took advantage of some elvis fans , they're just presley in name but not in honor..pretty bad, and i got Elvis TCB band member autographed from elvis 2002 ( 25th anniversary of his death ) ...and i got the complete recording of red west last conversations on the phone with elvis few days before the released of Elvis:WHAT HAPPENED book.

I wish i could have gone to any of elvis concerts , once awhile i browse internet about elvis and read how some fan are lucky enough to see him, got kiss, or scarfe that bit of attentions ...i might got to see graceland soon, but not meeting the man himself seems like feeling quite weird..

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead
    i might got to see graceland soon, but not meeting the man himself seems like feeling quite weird..
    It is weird not to be abel to meet the man himself, but when you visit Graceland you will feel pretty close...

Annie - Go Girl!

Hey Annie,

I reckon u qualify to introduce the whole TCB Band on the next tour - go girl!

That's a nice idea Nea, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to say, I would just babble and bla bla.

Forgot to thank you Aron.

Hi Buttonhead

Hi Buttonhead,

You mentioned 'Presley' in name but not in honour. I suppose because name = Dollars $$$$$$....and lots of them!

It's a shame, because Donna & Hubby come across as genuine people....but you ever seen the film 'Jeckyll & Hyde'??!!

Is the tape recording of Mr. West and Elvis the genuine article? That must have been eerie to listen to? Obviously West had the phone bugged at the time - more dollars eh?

I felt and still feel sorry for Elvis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast