Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: august 26th 1969 are you lonseome tonight laughing

  1. #1
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    412

    august 26th 1969 are you lonseome tonight laughing

    what actually happened does anyone know? did he see an angry bald guy in the audience or just get the laughs or summin?
    1969 july 31st, will we ever see anything?? sob sob!

  2. #2
    Cadillac King TLC67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where the alligators grow so mean.
    Posts
    293
    I was listening to Elvis Radio on Sirius and I think it was George Klein that said he got tickled at the back-up singer that was singing and it snowballed from there.
    Didn't he have a fantastic laugh?!
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

  3. #3
    International Level elvisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    600
    Well, listening to the whole show that evening("All Shook up" FTD cd), I think he was just in a happy and fun mood that night and further more, he fooled around with the same joke during "Are you lonesome tonight" in 68, not sure, but I think it`s on the "let your self go" FTD cd. Will check it out later.....right now I`m listening to the TCB radio New years show


    "Happy new year"

  4. #4
    International Level elvisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    600
    Hi again.......just had a listen to the FTD cd (1968)"Let yourself go" and yes....it`s here....he fooled around with...the "Balled head" as well...so it was not a special and spontanious input for the 69 concert.......me think not
    Last edited by elvisia; 12-31-2007 at 08:08 PM.

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sacramento foothills
    Posts
    1,351
    Here is one version of what started the laughing...

    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Presley-E...ome-tonite.htm

    I have also read that a couple ladies in the audience were taking the toupee' off of a friend's head and being silly....and it tickled Elvis' funny bone

    Also that a girl was jumping up and down and her fake hair fell off.

    There seems to be several versions around the WWW of what happened that night to set Elvis to uncontrolled laughing.

    Whatever it was ...there is nothing more fun than our Elvis having a laughing fit

    Personally, I think Elvis got silly with the lyrics and then something happened in the audience that fit something with the lyrics he had just said...and got him in a giggle fit.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 12-31-2007 at 11:51 PM. Reason: add a thought

    I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

  6. #6
    International Level Rover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    618
    It sounds weird...I'm pretty sure I hear him change the lyrics in the funny reel of the 68 comeback special. Maybe it is the same material featured on Elvisia's CD? Anyway he didn't change the lyrics for the first time in 69...
    Whatever, it is great to hear him laugh
    Btw, anybody knows the laughing version of the song Datin'? Any idea why he was laughing?

  7. #7

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Btw, anybody knows the laughing version of the song Datin'? Any idea why he was laughing?
    As has been discussed (to death?) elsewhere, the Datin' recording session was made during his one major dalliance with marijuana.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  8. #8
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    As has been discussed (to death?) elsewhere, the Datin' recording session was made during his one major dalliance with marijuana.
    Where did you get that info from????
    Not that Im shocked because it is marijuana you now... he took worse things.
    _________________

  9. #9

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Where did you get that info from????
    Not that Im shocked because it is marijuana you now... he took worse things.
    He was experimenting with it around the time of Spinout and Paradise, Hawaiian Style. He stopped after a while as it aggravated his throat and led to some extra weight.

    Check several bios, Guralnick I think, maybe Cilla. Goldman probably.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  10. #10
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It sounds weird...I'm pretty sure I hear him change the lyrics in the funny reel of the 68 comeback special. Maybe it is the same material featured on Elvisia's CD? Anyway he didn't change the lyrics for the first time in 69...
    Whatever, it is great to hear him laugh
    Btw, anybody knows the laughing version of the song Datin'? Any idea why he was laughing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    As has been discussed (to death?) elsewhere, the Datin' recording session was made during his one major dalliance with marijuana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Where did you get that info from????
    Not that Im shocked because it is marijuana you now... he took worse things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    He was experimenting with it around the time of Spinout and Paradise, Hawaiian Style. He stopped after a while as it aggravated his throat and led to some extra weight.

    Check several bios, Guralnick I think, maybe Cilla. Goldman probably.

    I checked Goldman's trashy book and Guralnick's...Priscilla doesn't mention that particular period in Elvis's life except for the one-time LSD incident...

    Either way, he's definitely high on something during "Datin'"...no question about it....

  11. #11
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I

    Either way, he's definitely high on something during "Datin'"...no question about it....
    I think I would have to be on something as well to get through that song..

  12. #12
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post


    I have also read that a couple ladies in the audience were taking the toupee' off of a friend's head and being silly....and it tickled Elvis' funny bone


    Whatever it was ...there is nothing more fun than our Elvis having a laughing fit

    Personally, I think Elvis got silly with the lyrics and then something happened in the audience that fit something with the lyrics he had just said...and got him in a giggle fit.
    That's the story that I have heard the most..that there was a guy in the audience who was messing around with his toupee'. Whatever it was, I'm sure Elvis was no different than the rest of us in that something is always funnier when you are NOT supposed to be laughing.

    There is nothing to compare to Elvis's laugh...it was 1 in a million I think. On Larry King last August he asked Priscilla if there was one particular thing that she missed, and after a pause she said "it would have to be his laugh." To me...his laugh was very infectious!!

  13. #13
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I think I would have to be on something as well to get through that song..
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    That's the story that I have heard the most..that there was a guy in the audience who was messing around with his toupee'. Whatever it was, I'm sure Elvis was no different than the rest of us in that something is always funnier when you are NOT supposed to be laughing.

    There is nothing to compare to Elvis's laugh...it was 1 in a million I think. On Larry King last August he asked Priscilla if there was one particular thing that she missed, and after a pause she said "it would have to be his laugh." To me...his laugh was very infectious!!

    I agree...I love hearing Elvis laugh...

Similar Threads

  1. Are you lonesome tonight (Laughing version)
    By senadw124 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 11:10 AM
  2. aUGUST 22ND 1969
    By hgs262626 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
  3. Larry King Live Tonight At 8pm Ct Tonight!
    By EP75 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 11:04 PM
  4. Kingly Comeback - August 12th 1969 DS
    By Joern in forum (alternate) Artwork discussion and Work-In-Progress
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
  5. Elvis - The Last Concert - June 26th 1977
    By karlos in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •