Here is a quick summary of the events:
August 26th, 1970:
* Las Vegas Hilton receives a call saying Elvis will be kidnapped tonight.
* An Elvis menu is received by the hotel: Elvis' head is scratched out, and "Guess who, and where?" written nearby.
August 28th, 1970 (early morning) Los Angeles:
* Joe Esposito receives an anonymous call demanding $50,000 to reveal the name of someone who is planning to kill Elvis during his show the following night.
* Joe and Ed Hookstratten arrange for John O'Grady to fly in to protect Elvis.
* The Colonel writes Elvis to say he's worried and to make sure the boys are all around him.
* Elvis calls Jerry, Ed Parker and Red to come to Vegas. All of the MM are armed for the show.
* Elvis packs a gun in each boot during the show on the 29th.
* Absolutely nothing happens.
There were a couple of other threats over the years.