Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis-20 years from now-a civilized discussion

Elvis-20 years from now-a civilized discussion

Since there's always someone trying to hijack a thread and turn it into a big argument to where the moderators have to lock 'em up, I thought I would start a thread about how EP will be seen 20 years from now in 2027. This is not a facts or proving sources or anything like that. This is simply to voice your opinions of where you see EP in 2027. I'll start it off.

Knowing that EP and his name is now under a safe protection plan for the next 99 years, I am confident that he will be seen as more of a historic figure who changed the face of music and pop culture and inspired generations to come than just the King Of Rock & Roll. I see monuments and other landmarks tied to him becoming popular in the next 20 years. I don't know if we will ever see a National Holiday in America for him. But I do think it's reasonable to believe it's possible one day. By 2027 EP would have been 92 and most`of his original fans will be gone as deceased. The Mafia more than likely will be gone. And so will Soden, Priscilla, and possibly Lisa. I think if both do pass by then that the estate will go to EP's first grandchild and that would be Danielle. But I don't see it closing as it is considered a national landmark and Bob Sillerman would have some say in that also.

I also think that there will be a theme park in his name in Las Vegas in the next 20 years. Possibly in Orlando with a tie in to Disney. I see them heading into that direction already as it is. I also see a chain of EP themed restaurants (similar to the former Elvis Presley's Memphis), hotels and resorts and memorial parks in his honor. Dubai is already in talks with Bob Sillerman about an EP themed resort there in the world's #1 tourist destination. That should be interesting. I think we will see more hits on the charts. I think he will have more #1 albums and singles through new technology and remixes. I do think EP will overtake Brooks and The Beatles within the next 20 years in record sales. I think we will see a newly re-recorded album or 2 or 3. Possibly for different genres like Pop rock, country and gospel. And last but not least, I think Graceland (with all the new and exciting changes coming soon) will be a major tourist destination with more than 2 million visitors a year and overtake the Whitehouse as the most popular residential home in America!

OK, now it's your turn. And please no flaming or attacking or criticizing with sarcastic remarks. If this thread turns into another argument than that just proves some are just here for a fight. Let's keep it civil this time.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post

By 2027 EP would have been 92 and most`of his original fans will be gone as deceased. And so will Priscilla, and possibly Lisa.

I am going to have a little time to think this one over, but one thing I do want to clarify right off the bat. You are saying that you don't think Lisa will live to be 59 years old??????? Considering the fact that my mom is a healthy and active 88 years old, I certainly don't think I'll have one foot in the grave either. If you don't mind me asking....how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    [/B]

I am going to have a little time to think this one over, but one thing I do want to clarify right off the bat. You are saying that you don't think Lisa will live to be 59 years old??????? Considering the fact that my mom is a healthy and active 88 years old, I certainly don't think I'll have one foot in the grave either. If you don't mind me asking....how old are you?
    I said "possibly" may not be around. I say that since the Preslye's EP and Gladys died early. Jessie was stillborn. I'm just saying. So it's possible that Lisa might have enherited the bad health bug. But I do think there's a good chance that she'll be around then. Just also a chance that she may not be.

I am 35. So I will be 55 by then. My immediate family has all lived to be in their 60-70's and even 80's. So hopefully I will`too still be around and looking 20 years younger as I do now. LOL

I was referring mostly to the original baby boomer era of fans. Not the current 30-40 something.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

TCB Mafia
    In my opinion, 20 years from now, regardless of what happens to Graceland, music releases, etc., Elvis Presley will still be considered the icon of all icons. You can not tarnish the legacy of fact, and the fact remains and always will that Elvis changed a lot of what we care about today. Even 20 years from now, Elvis will have influenced, either directly or indirectly, all who followed.

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    So hopefully I will`too still be around and looking 20 years younger as I do now. LOL
    If nothing else...we all want to hang around long enough to see what the autopsy reveals when it is released 20 years from now...

It is a tough question and needs reflection, quickly though, I really see a great future for Elvis legacy.Along the same line I would love to have people's opinion also on collecting Elvis 20 years from now. Right now if you look at Ebay, you see that Presley vinyls (lp's, 45's etc) sell at top prices, same applies to memorabilia, books, cd's etc. Do you think we are at a peak? Do you think people will still buy those things 20 years from now?
    Cool 70's

I think people will still want to collect EP memorabilia as they do today. Same as western fans want Roy Rogers artifacts and comics and etc. I think EP will stay hip as he has to this day with the explosion of modern day technology. I don't think MP3's or DVD's will be popular 20 years from now. but i do think whatever overtakes it will be a new way for a new generation to discover more EP music old and new.

Kerry I agree with you. I think no matter what happens with Graceland or Las Veas, EP will remain a force in pop culture as he is today. What some don't realize is that most of the top singers in today's music weren't even born when EP passed and they too are big fans. Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, 50 Cent, Daughtery, etc.

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    I'll be 38. They still will be visiting Graceland and Elvis will be the number one earning dead celebrity for a long time to come. Oh yeah and Elvis will still be the king. The legacy of Elvis Presley will never die.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    In my opinion, 20 years from now, regardless of what happens to Graceland, music releases, etc., Elvis Presley will still be considered the icon of all icons. You can not tarnish the legacy of fact, and the fact remains and always will that Elvis changed a lot of what we care about today. Even 20 years from now, Elvis will have influenced, either directly or indirectly, all who followed.
    This is the closer to how I think too. He gave a lot.
    I hope everyone appreciates what he gave us,....it's all he asked .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Let me say that Elvis' legacy/memory will never fade.Graceland will still be opened to the public.By that time 2027,Priscilla will be 82,Lisa will be 59.It's anyone guess if Lisa inherited any bad genes or health related problems.Priscilla maybe alive ,but in declining health by then.Riley could inherit all things Elvis by then,or she may not want to be burdened by the huge responsibility.All i can say is i hope that the immediate family will not let go of Elvis' precious Graceland,where future generations can enjoy it as we do now.By the way i will be 62,10 years younger than Elvis would be now,and Priscilla current age,but with out cosmetic help.
    Last edited by john carpenter; 12-30-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: added more to my post

The Presley family "bad Health bug" is nothing more than really bad eating/lifestyle habits passed from one generation to the next.

Lisa Marie is apparently quite health conscious, so there is no reason she shouldn't live a long life.
    Last edited by MJ27; 12-30-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: removing quote
    Polk A Little Sock Salad !

Quote Originally Posted by MJ27 View Post
    Lisa Marie is apparently quite health conscious, so there is no reason she shouldn't live a long life.
    Mark my words here and now:

Lisa won't make it past 53 ...

Don't ask me why not: she just won't.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeeRider777 View Post
    I'll be 38.

You'll be 38 in 20 years????? Please don't tell us depressing things like that!

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    It's anyone guess if Lisa inherited any bad genes or health related problems.Priscilla maybe alive ,but in declining health by then.
    From the looks of Lisa and the way her weight seems to yo-yo much like her Dad's, she may not be an old old woman. Priscilla will be unrecognizable by then due to all the plastic surgery.....

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    [/B]
    You'll be 38 in 20 years????? Please don't tell us depressing things like that!
    I cant imagine myself at that age, it seems like such a long time, but I fail to realize that the 20 years will fly by.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeeRider777 View Post
    I cant imagine myself at that age, it seems like such a long time, but I fail to realize that the 20 years will fly by.
    They will go quicker than you can believe. I can't figure out what happened to the last 30 years...where did it go?? I keep thinking that I've "just" had my youngest, my son. Well...he is a SR. at The University of Texas @ Austin. It will FLY..............

I don't think it will make a big difference if Priscilla or Lisa are still around...It's not that I don't like them, but speaking strictly of music, they are not important. What is important is the fans and the releases...will they still release stuff in 20 years (I guess we will have new audio formats)?
    I guess the youngest fans around here will still be fans in 20 years (I hope I will), but will there be new fans after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I don't think it will make a big difference if Priscilla or Lisa are still around...It's not that I don't like them, but speaking strictly of music, they are not important.
    100% in agreement with you. A huge part of Elvis catalog is not owned by Lisa/Priscilla so they are not really that important for Elvisī legacy in my opinion, neither I care about the future of them and EPE and all of their plans because to me all of them have nothing to do with Elvis, his work and what he was. They are only a business which uses Elvisī name just like Coca-Cola or Leviīs .
    Elvis earned his place in music while he was alive, they canīt talk about the history of music without naming him now and in 50 years and thatīs what really matters.

Poor lisa i feel sorry for her you are all killing her off i am sure she has got plenty of years left in her yet.

elvislady

SleepyJack
    All I really know for sure is that in 20 years,if I`m still around,I will still be listening to Elvis,watching Elvis,collecting Elvis.......and I`m pretty sure that there will always be new Elvis fans turning up...I don`t think it has too much to do with time,there will always be people who get the "Elvis feeling".If this question had been asked back in 1987 would people have thought that we would all be here on TCB-WORLD?........LONG LIVE THE KING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast