Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost EP belongings returned to EPE

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    National treasures taken from a country and hidden in private collectors galleries are very different to Items of significance e.g. clothing from a rock legend! I would be extremely surprised if Bob Sillerman would break a sweat over minor trinkets that are dotted around the globe... If I recall correctly EPE have sold personal Items belonging to Elvis on the market themselves.

By and large the important Clothing, jewelry and planes are already owned or on loan to EPE. The other sticking point would be that Elvis gave away many items e.g. jumpsuits, clothing & cars etc how would EPE/Sillerman ever lay claim to these items, the burden of proof would be on EPE to demonstrate that any such Items had been stolen, these claims are very difficult to substantiate and would be costly.

I would suggest that this process is a non starter in EPE's case.
    Very well said JJ......great points!

MissyM
    Well all I know is that if I had something I bought or was given to me and EPE came after it, they'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands! Possession is 9/10th of the law!

I agree with you Missy!! Oh goodness....I hope they don't come after my scarf.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    You are gettting yourself confused. Remember this:
    For the Anicent Egypt artifacts they were:
    1. tombs were robbed.
    2. Artifacts stolen.
    3. sold to either museums or private collectors over the course of time.
    4. Because of the other three the Egypt government has the right to go after the artifacts.

For Elvis items:
    1. Graceland wasn't robbed.
    2. None was stolen or if it was during his lifetime, Elvis wouldn't take it back and let the person have the item.
    3. EPE sold the items themselves.
    4. Elvis or family gave away alot of the items during the lifetime.

There is a big difference. Bob Sillerman can't not take to the court to get the items back because of one thing. Items were sold as is and all sales are final. Any court no matter on the how much the money is involved can't take back the items. Read the find print on the receipt from an item purchased by a collector. I have a friend who owns a Elvis Jumpsuit. Clearly mark on the receipt is All Sales Are Final.

Anyway, if Bob Sillerman he would do the biggest mistake for EPE. Those items were sold to the fan or given to the fan by Elvis. Priscilla and Lisa knows that the fans wouldn't like that at all. Also, it would go against the agreement the Lisa signed with Bob Sillerman and that is: Graceland and any items that personally belong to Elvis are hers. He has no rights to them at all. All he owns is rights to his image, music, videos, and other entertainment. He has no rights on the property of Graceland and the personal items of Elvis.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    how do we take it up by ourselves?? give it a day and we will all get a warning like the last threads. if you don't like that person or the thread than leave it alone.
    Case in point.

You're always one to order all of us back on topic, what is taking so long this time? Too much fun stirring it up?

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Case in point.

You're always one to order all of us back on topic, what is taking so long this time? Too much fun stirring it up?
    Thats what JJ thread all about, so we can vent , you should try it, might do you some good.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    1. tombs were robbed.
    2. Artifacts stolen.
    4. Because of the other three the Egypt government has the right to go after the artifacts.

For Elvis items:
    2. None was stolen or if it was during his lifetime, Elvis wouldn't take it back and let the person have the item.

There is a big difference. Bob Sillerman can't not take to the court to get the items back because of one thing. Items were sold as is and all sales are final. Any court no matter on the how much the money is involved can't take back the items. Read the find print on the receipt from an item purchased by a collector. I have a friend who owns a Elvis Jumpsuit. Clearly mark on the receipt is All Sales Are Final.

Anyway, if Bob Sillerman he would do the biggest mistake for EPE. Those items were sold to the fan or given to the fan by Elvis. Priscilla and Lisa knows that the fans wouldn't like that at all. Also, it would go against the agreement the Lisa signed with Bob Sillerman and that is: Graceland and any items that personally belong to Elvis are hers. He has no rights to them at all. All he owns is rights to his image, music, videos, and other entertainment. He has no rights on the property of Graceland and the personal items of Elvis.
    I think that 98% of the posters on this thread understand what you are saying...and agree. I hope you realize that my "scarf" comment was said in jest......

Loving elvis
    1. tombs were robbed.
    2. Artifacts stolen.

For Elvis items:

now that was well said

Thats what JJ thread all about, so we can vent , you should try it, might do you some good.
    If I may quote someone.....that goes both ways!!!

now that was well said
    Yes, it was. It was also very much the same thing that Ellie said earlier today.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    If I may quote someone.....that goes both ways!!!
    Quote me all you like, l wrote my piece of JJ thread.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I think that 98% of the posters on this thread understand what you are saying...and agree. I hope you realize that my "scarf" comment was said in jest......

I thank you. I have study up on Anicent Eypt so much that I can write my own book about it. If EP75 thinks that Bob Sillerman would try that let him think that. It will not hold up in any court of law what so ever. Because they was either sold or given away and not stolen like the Anicent Egypt artifacts.

TCB Mafia
    I've looked for it and can't find it

I thank you. I have study up on Anicent Eypt so much that I can write my own book about it. If EP75 thinks that Bob Sillerman would try that let him think that. It will not hold up in any court of law what so ever. Because they was either sold or given away and not stolen like the Anicent Egypt artifacts.

Yes....and there's the obvious difference.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    I've looked for it and can't find it
    must of not been looking to hard

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=17668

Loving elvis
    That would be a exciting thread about Egypt, always had loads of questions.

TCB Mafia
    must of not been looking to hard

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=17668
    That explains it. I'm not allowed in there.

Now, back on topic.

1. tombs were robbed.
    2. Artifacts stolen.

For Elvis items:

I see your point now. I just thought about him buying the lost stuff back since he bought out the Elvis-A-Rama museum in Las Vegas. I still think he will work to get the yellow Pentera to Graceland one way or the other.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Three pages so far devoted to yet another post without any sources whatsoever ... just more speculation and flaming from EP75 and Lakeisha.

Sick of it ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Three pages so far devoted to yet another post without any sources whatsoever ... just more speculation and flaming from EP75 and Lakeisha.

Sick of it ...
    Agreed Getlo. Those of us that dared to question it were branded rude and accused of merely trying to stir up trouble......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast