Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: elvis upstairs toilet photo!

www.rareelvispresley.com

Coming On Strong suspicious_mind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hgs262626 View Post
    heard a rumour that there is a picture of elvis's upstairs bathroom with the toilet shown?? is this true? p.s. no disrepect intended!
    Why would u wanna see his toilet?
    I personally am glad that upstairs access isnt granted at Graceland. I mean yeah it would be great to see his room, where he spent most of all his time, but it would be beyond sad to see where his life ended. Its sad enough standing by his gravesite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    According to some, Elvis never really properly bathed or showered...he always used tons of cologne instead....

*dodges objects being thrown in my direction cuz I prolly touched a nerve with some people*

Yeah i read that once. True definition of a lie.
    "My fans want my shirt. They can have my shirt. They put it on my back..."
    - Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious_mind View Post
    Why would u wanna see his toilet? but it would be beyond sad to see where his life ended. Its sad enough standing by his gravesite.
    I couldn't agree with you more......

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious_mind View Post
    Why would u wanna see his toilet?
    I personally am glad that upstairs access isnt granted at Graceland. I mean yeah it would be great to see his room, where he spent most of all his time, but it would be beyond sad to see where his life ended. Its sad enough standing by his gravesite.

Yeah i read that once. True definition of a lie.
    I agree!

Yes,it is a strange obsession to want to see the toilet that Elvis Supposedly died on.But it's no stranger to want to see his bedroom or any other thing connected to Elvis.Pretty morbid stuff but curiousity killed the cat.They show everything in his room but the toilet.Most people won't be satisfied until they put it on display ,like his cars..just disrespectfull in my opinion.

MissyM
    Elvis learned at a very early age that you could stay very clean with only a small amount of water. He was not smelly. The cologne was just to make sure! He was not a dirty person!

I don't deny that I would like to see Elvis' bedroom and Lisa's but I have absolutely no desire to see the bathroom where he died much less the toilet.

Diane

Personnaly, I would like to see all Elvis' private rooms.

I'am sure in future, EPE wil open Upstairs ! Remember it !

3 bathroom's upstairs, bathroom in parent's bedroom (1/2 bath)...4 half baths total in house.

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    Yes,it is a strange obsession to want to see the toilet that Elvis Supposedly died on.But it's no stranger to want to see his bedroom or any other thing connected to Elvis.Pretty morbid stuff but curiousity killed the cat.They show everything in his room but the toilet.Most people won't be satisfied until they put it on display ,like his cars..just disrespectfull in my opinion.
    Yeah, I'm happy with just what I've seen.
    Doubt I'll go back any time soon.
    Since Elvis is no longer there, Ive lost my desire to visit.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

On december 14, 1977 Mr. Jerry Francisco held his second round deposition in a county government conference room. There he showed showed the polaroid pictures of the black porcelain commode and the discolouring of the red bathroom carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    On december 14, 1977 Mr. Jerry Francisco held his second round deposition in a county government conference room. There he showed showed the polaroid pictures of the black porcelain commode and the discolouring of the red bathroom carpet.

He did, did he? I seem to recall he said he couldn't find them. Amazing the things you hear.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

I have no desire to see where he died, although it would be nice to see his bedroom and Lisa's at the same time I don't want to because that was truly his private world and sanctuary, a place/area he did not share w/many. I'm glad it's not part of the tour and I hope it remains that way in my lifetime.

I don't think he was a dirty person either Missy and that is my huge huge beef w/you know who for saying such things.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Yeah, I'm happy with just what I've seen.
    Doubt I'll go back any time soon.
    Since Elvis is no longer there, Ive lost my desire to visit.
    When I was young...and Elvis lived....I often dreamed of going to Memphis...waiting by the gates...seeing where he spent his nights and days...Excited by the possiblity of possibly catching a glimpse of him.
    After he died the desire left me. I don't know why for sure. It just wasn't special unless Elvis was living there. Perhaps it was the fear of something I once so happily dreamed of....now feeling so very sad instead.

I suppose we all handle our love of Elvis, and fandom differently.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 01-08-2008 at 10:58 PM.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    When I was young...and Elvis lived....I often dreamed of going to Memphis...waiting by the gates...seeing where he spent his nights and days...Excited by the possiblity of possibly catching a glimpse of him.
    After he died the desire left me. I don't know why for sure. It just wasn't special unless Elvis was living there. Perhaps it was the fear of something I once so happily dreamed of....now feeling so very sad instead.

I suppose we handle our love of Elvis, and fandom differently.
    SweetCaroline I can tell you from experience that to have seen Graceland as it looked when he was alive and then seeing it after he died and then again shortly after it's opening, very different feelings and experiences.
    I think it is good to see it as it is now, only because you get to pay your respects @ his grave and to view the hall of Gold is simply awe inspiring.

But you are spot on when you say we ea. handle our fandom in different ways...and I do understand where you are coming from in your feelings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12