Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essential Element?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    For me the most important element is his voice, his singing voice and
    his talking voice. If you were blind you couldn't experience the other
    elements, they are a special bonus, yes he had it all .
    The least important may have been his lifestyle, I'm not sure but I think
    the fans didn't know much of what he was doing in his private life.

I agree with you. The top element was his unique voice. The least, his lifestyle. True fans don't really care about that.
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Interesting thought.....and very very true. For me, it was a combination of the looks and the voice at the same time. I would almost get "lost" in his music, if that makes any sense. If something was bothering me I would go to my room, turn on the stereo and put the headphones on and his music would "carry me away". The more that I learned about him, the more special he became to me.......
    That makes a lot of sense , if I could I would take it all, not only
    the voice, if that makes any sense...

Coming On Strong
    Well, I am a female, but when I first noticed Elvis I was only 6 years old. You wouldn't think that a 6 year old little girl would appreciate or notice an adult man's extreme good looks or voice, but when it came to Elvis, that's exactly what happened! No other movie star or entertainer could catch the attention of a 6 year old, innocent little girl and captivate her so. He never let go of my attention, and it is 44 years later. That is absolutely unreal to even think of.
    How could he have that kind of charisma? At my age now, I think it was the whole package, but for a 6 year old little girl, charisma also had to play a huge part in the equation. He totally grabbed my attention and I couldn't take my eyes off of him whenever I would see one of his movies. What is funny, when I became a teenager, around 14 or so, I had a very nice looking "boyfriend" he was 4 years older than me and I was only allowed to see him if he came to my house (while my parents were at home) or we could sit beside each other at church. I was only allowed to talk on the phone with him occasionally and for just a few minutes at a time, again, only if my parents were at home. Anyway, you would think that I would cherish any moments that I had with him, which I did, but he come to visit me one night when "Change of Habit" was on tv. I totally ignored him the whole night and just stared at Elvis. He was so mad at me, that he left before the movie was over and I didn't even walk him to the door. All of my friends could not believe it. They thought I had lost my mind!
    This is a stupid story, but it just goes to show the effect of Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by e76 View Post
    You wouldn't think that a 6 year old little girl would appreciate or notice an adult man's extreme good looks or voice, but when it came to Elvis, that's exactly what happened!
    How could he have that kind of charisma? At my age now, I think it was the whole package,
    it just goes to show the effect of Elvis.

I understand what you are saying. I felt that same way as a child...I would go to his movies and sit through them 2 or 3 times in one day. I just wanted to sit and look at him. I can't even begin to remember how many times I sat through TTWII....dozens I'm sure. As much as a child can know about real sex appeal.....I knew he had it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    What about danger? the 50's certainly had an edge
    OoOoo Good one!!!!

If it had to be broken down I would say his voice then his personality because he was a singer. The least important element I think is his lifestyle because quite frankly it wasn't anyone else's business what he did behind closed doors or in his free time.

Though I must agree, and I have agreed on this before, Elvis was a total package. All the elements work well together for him.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Everything you've mentioned Matt what an essential element to Elvis i.m.o.It all had something to do with him and his stardom. Of course that voice started it, then the looks he had, and the charisma, and the rest it all falls into place.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12