Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: elvis underground

Loving elvis

elvis underground

Theres a discussion going on about the elvis underground. me thinks it all unture, but whats everyone else's thoughts?

Here is the website l came accoss, weild stuff

http://www.elvisunderground.org/index2.shtml

Ouch, that sounds really sick! Don't think I'll be making a donation Jen.

Diane

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Getlo
    Care to share the story of your underground experience? Who are these people? What is their philosophy? Why are they underground?

Truthfully, no I don't care to talk about it. This was a few years ago when some of us were looking into all that mess. It was an ugly time in my life .
    The first I'd really heard about it {besides rumors} was in a book called True Disbelievers.

True Disbelievers: The Elvis Contagion written by R. Serge Denisoff(deceased) and George Plasketes.
    I called George Plesketes and talked to him . He was very nice , but when I questioned him more closely as to where he got his information....all he could say was they just "talked to people."
    I am like you in that respect . I wanted more than what I thought he could or would offer .
    Last edited by cameron; 12-26-2007 at 08:15 PM.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Diane
    They won't be getting anything out of me either

I got the womans name that started all that BS and eventually found her on one of her many websites. She's supposedly writing a book now and withdrew from the Net .

"Mary Smiley author was a prominent member of the Elvis "underground" "In spite of the rumors they were involved in the "Elvis Alive" stories; all I found them doing was tearing up Elvis websites and posting trash like I saw over at that website you posted about. Someone over there has started it up again.
    Last edited by cameron; 12-26-2007 at 08:16 PM.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by presley31

Oh my !! That looks even worse than what we found a few years ago.
    They had no "church" thing going then. Wonder if it's some of the same people. I guess we'd better check them out; though I can't say I look forward to that kind of stuff again....
    Thanks, Jen.
    Last edited by cameron; 12-26-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I got the womans name that started all that BS and eventually found her on one of her many websites. She's supposedly writing a book now and withdrew from the Net .

"Mary Smiley author was a prominent member of the Elvis "underground" "

In spite of the rumors they were involved in the "Elvis Alive" stories; all I found them doing was tearing up Elvis websites and posting trash like I saw over at that website you posted about. Someone over there has started it up again.

I don't want to browse around that site....it would give me nightmares.

Diane

The second "in charge" I guess you could call him was :
    Paul Monroe. EIN did an interview with him .Here is the link

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_paulmonroe.html

I do think they're all slightly crazy. For sure, they're very mean.
    Everything he says people did to him in this interview; he did to Elvis fans.
    He's a liar . I suppose those people are what made me so touchy about anyone talking about Elvis. They were vicious.

I don't really want to get into anything like that again, but I'll see if some others are up for it.

*****s, obviously.

Thanks for the links though.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    *****s, obviously.

That's a kind word to use for them. I guess we could recruit you,, Getlo.
    Are you up for it??

That's a kind word to use for them. I guess we could recruit you,, Getlo.
    Are you up for it??
    In all seriousness, if I thought they were doing any real harm to Elvis in the long-term, I'd work to expose them.

But I'll just file them under "loony" with the Elvis Is Alive brigade.

If they are "underground", let them remain there ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote:
    Originally Posted by presley31

Oh my !! That looks even worse than what we found a few years ago.
    They had no "church" thing going then. Wonder if it's some of the same people. I guess we'd better check them out; though I can't say I look forward to that kind of stuff again....
    Thanks, Jen.

In all seriousness, if I thought they were doing any real harm to Elvis in the long-term, I'd work to expose them.

It's why I went after them. They hurt the fans and made Elvis appeaer much worse than anything he ever did.
    Go read that persons posts on that other site. That's what they did. Tore up any small Elvis sites until they closed ;l scared the heck out of them.
    I've met some of the fans that were hurt. It's just something I got into when I found it really existed. It was a mess!!

I'm gonna try to sit this one out....Anyone want to meet the nuts; you can write to Paul.

Loving elvis
    It's why I went after them. They hurt the fans and made Elvis appeaer much worse than anything he ever did.
    Go read that persons posts on that other site. That's what they did. Tore up any small Elvis sites until they closed ;l scared the heck out of them.
    I've met some of the fans that were hurt. It's just something I got into when I found it really existed. It was a mess!!
    whoever these people are, maybe they should stay underground. Its plain weild (thats putting it nice) to think about the things mentioned on that site.

It seems pretty spooky. They're not getting any $$$ out of me either!

It's why I went after them. They hurt the fans and made Elvis appeaer much worse than anything he ever did.; l scared the heck out of them. I've met some of the fans that were hurt. It's just something I got into when I found it really existed. It was a mess!!
    This is most interesting, hearing about this underground stuff. Just checking the older threads and posts, a former poster said she did the very same thing and worked hard to battle these fruitcakes - the very same poster who arranged for a preacher friend to help Elvis' Aunt Lois, in fact.

As I said, I'll leave it to others to combat these *****s. I don't see them as any serious threat to anything.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

This is most interesting, hearing about this underground stuff. Just checking the older threads and posts, a former poster said she did the very same thing and worked hard to battle these fruitcakes - the very same poster who arranged for a preacher friend to help Elvis' Aunt Lois, in fact.

As I said, I'll leave it to others to combat these *****s. I don't see them as any serious threat to anything.
    I was told by another poster AJR did the same. There were many involved in all that. I didn't know them all . But, we worked for the same purpose .
    It only shows what can be done when you work together; whether you know someone or not...I appreciated all the fans that came to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Diane
    *****s, obviously.

They are a bunch of weird ones....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast