Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1969 rare? plz plz look at this!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    I don't believe this song list is correct?

I've read from multiple sources that on the July 31 show, he sang "That's Alright" #3 in the set, plus he's supposed to have performed the song "One Night" on the show as well.
    Who knows? This is the CD of Opening Night, but it's more likely to be August 3rd, DS.

Blue Suede Shoes
    I Got A Woman
    All Shook Up
    Love Me Tender
    Jailhouse Rock/Don't Be Cruel
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Hound Dog
    Memories
    Mystery Train/Tiger man
    Life Story (dialogue)
    Baby What You Want Me To Do
    Are You Lonesome Tonight
    Yesterday/Hey Jude
    Band introductions
    In The Ghetto
    Suspicious Minds
    What'd I Say
    Can't Help Falling In Love
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails openingnight.jpg  
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Cadillac King
    i DIDNT POST THIS THREAD TO ANNOY PEOPLE BUT AS A MEMBER OF THE ELVIS COMMUNITY WHEN I DICOVERED IT I THOUGHT I SHOULD RAISE IT BECAUSE THE ONLY WAY WE'LL FIND NEW THINGS IS BY PEOPLE DOING THIS! I EMAILED THE SITE THIS IS WHAT THEY SENT ME DOES IT HELP!???

Hi George,

thanks for getting in contact with me. The footage that was in this package we found out belongs originally to a french guy who shot the footage while being in vegas.. he co operated with Praytome Publishing which used the footage on their Vegas DVD series Adrenaline 71 + 69 bonus material.

This DVD costs 34,95 EUR + shipping.

Best

Andre

PS: the footage on the original reel has no sound recorded

Ask him if he can put an actual date on the footage!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    would indeed be nice, but IF it IS authentic stuff: why has it not been released so far?

can you specify the terms 'seems', 'quite' and 'credible'? sounds all like 'i want to believe it's real', not more. maaan, if everything was 'credible' i would like to be true just because i read it somewhere ...

i can't see any proof about credibility here, hence i remain sceptic until being disabused by facts.

BTW, speaking of 'credibility' .... - just checked the internic and denic entries.

http://www.denic.de/de/
    http://www.internic.com/

this domain 'elvis-history.com' is registered by a german company via a german registrar, its sibling 'elvis-history.de' is registered for a person with the same familyname like one of mr. greg retkowski's co-workers (whatever the formal relationship between these two gentlemen may be).

mr. retkowski is the guy behind the company 'praytome publishing' who is charge of printing / burning / whatever the bud glass stuff ('behind the image').

http://www.behind-the-image.com/htm-...lisch/news.htm

so much for the term 'credibility'. the site belongs to persons who want to keep the flame of interest burning and hence keep spreading rumours in order to sell their stuff andlure more visitors to their website. since lately nothing of remarkable value (contentwise) has been published by them, they probably need some free-of-charge advertising.

i'm not going to delve into details about their reputation in german forums - for good reasons.

hope this helps (not only you but all readers of this thread).

hugs, ellie

PS before anybody (especially mr. retkowski and his likes) start wondering if or if not i am 'authorised' gathering any information from the denic, the internic, the whatsoever .... YES, as managing director of an LSO for an international internetprovider i AM authorised to get that information (and much more these gentlement don't even know it exists )

anybody any questions?
    Ellie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Ellie!!!

i LOVE facts

hugs, ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

i LOVE facts

hugs, ellie
    Me too Ellie...you can't argue with them!

Quote Originally Posted by hgs262626 View Post
    i DIDNT POST THIS THREAD TO ANNOY PEOPLE BUT AS A MEMBER OF THE ELVIS COMMUNITY WHEN I DICOVERED IT I THOUGHT I SHOULD RAISE IT BECAUSE THE ONLY WAY WE'LL FIND NEW THINGS IS BY PEOPLE DOING THIS! I EMAILED THE SITE THIS IS WHAT THEY SENT ME DOES IT HELP!???

Hi George,

thanks for getting in contact with me. The footage that was in this package we found out belongs originally to a french guy who shot the footage while being in vegas.. he co operated with Praytome Publishing which used the footage on their Vegas DVD series Adrenaline 71 + 69 bonus material.

This DVD costs 34,95 EUR + shipping.

Best

Andre

PS: the footage on the original reel has no sound recorded
    hgs262626,

'the footage that was in this package we found out belongs originally to a french guy ...'

this sentence doesn't mean anything and doesn't state anything except that an envelope is labelled with a specific date. not more and not less.

inside there may be just as well your grandmum's recipe for apple pie, albert's bill for his webserver for the year 2007, my subscription tickets for the opera in january, any other 69 elvis-LV-footage or indeed footage dating back to july 31st.

mandatory proper labelling envelopes of footage is not included in the ten commandments, as far as i know.

like getlo said: andre (m.) avoided naming specific dates. if he could: he definitely would.

hugs, ellie

PS plenty of the 'bud glass' stuff is without original sound. they don't get permission from the record company who owns the copyrights.

Me too Ellie...you can't argue with them! (facts)
    Er, have you been reading some of the posts on here lately?!
    Last edited by Getlo; 12-13-2007 at 04:26 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    I don't believe this song list is correct?

I've read from multiple sources that on the July 31 show, he sang "That's Alright" #3 in the set, plus he's supposed to have performed the song "One Night" on the show as well.

I'll agree that if we could see (and hear) the footage, maybe we could get a better idea?
    You Are Right Steve The Song list not Right, plus there two opening Shows
    That Time Too, One for The Stars and another for this Fans, The date for that one is 3th Ausust. 1969.
    I been working on The Songs listings for along time about 10 years now, There times hard too get Right listing . because of wrong Date was wrote down.
    like The TTWII Shows the Dates was wrong For somehow, It took me over 12 years To get one listerning to me about it , The 13th of August shows, we have Dinner Show is Right now, I got songs of THe Midnight show, I found it On old South american Elvis Site, I save THe the list on paper and I wrote in A hard cover paper book that I wrote new List past 5 years , From Sites That have songs listing from most shows are out on tape Etc.
    This is tape is like that. We don't know true date is Of This show.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

That footage is definitely NOT from 7/31/69 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Er, have you been redaing some of the posts on here lately?!
    getlo,

you address this question to me or utmom or both of us?

i dare to speak for utmom as well when responding 'yes, we both have' (my PM inbox shows).

at least i have decided not to spend another minute of the umpteenth repetition of mere assumptions. my life is too short and my time to precious for wasting it on brainless 'trolls'.

i better add these extra minutes and go improving my handicap .

hugs, ellie

Mad Tigers
    Jean Marc is still the owner of all the footage from what is released on Adrenaline vol.1 & 2, he only licensed it to Praytome Publishing.

[QUOTE=Getlo;167342]Who knows? This is the CD of Opening Night, but it's more likely to be August 3rd, DS.

Blue Suede Shoes
    I Got A Woman
    All Shook Up
    Love Me Tender
    Jailhouse Rock/Don't Be Cruel
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Hound Dog
    Memories
    Mystery Train/Tiger man
    Life Story (dialogue)
    Baby What You Want Me To Do
    Are You Lonesome Tonight
    Yesterday/Hey Jude
    Band introductions
    In The Ghetto
    Suspicious Minds
    What'd I Say

[/QUOTE
    I'm pretty sure you are correct.

getlo,

you address this question to me or utmom or both of us?

i dare to speak for utmom as well when responding 'yes, we both have' (my PM inbox shows).

at least i have decided not to spend another minute of the umpteenth repetition of mere assumptions. my life is too short and my time to precious for wasting it on brainless 'trolls'.

i better add these extra minutes and go improving my handicap .

hugs, ellie

Ellie- I absolutely love your responses! I enjoy people that call it as they see it!

I want i want i wanntt !!

Ellie- I absolutely love your responses! I enjoy people that call it as they see it!
    that's why i got 2 warnings ..... somebody who can't stand the truth pressed the 'report'-button recently - as if this would any credibility to the postings i had commented on* .

on the other hand .... maybe it was simply a reflex because this user presses the 'report button' so frequently? or does this user misunderstand the button's functionality and thinks it's an alternative 'reply'-button (probably a 'very reliable' source had indicated that!?) ?

who knows...

back on topic: from the repsonses below i doubt 'praytome publishing' owns (is licensed to use) any material that can be definitely dated to july 31st. maybe we are lucky and some footage from this show sits in MGM's / RCA's vaults or somebody's attic.

hugs, ellie

* reminds me of the joke 'dear lord, if you can't make me slim, make all my friends (fellow-users) fat'

it didn't look very real to me, not worn enough, especially the sticker/label itself on the roll

I was Reading That he did An Special Opening Show For The Stars of Hollywood and friends, and one for his fans, dates for that was think was 1st of August or 3th, We never know true dates of Opening show of 1969., I will Post One of Tape Legend have on it. I'm Going On I read and See and Hear, past 30 years.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Quote Originally Posted by poormansgold View Post
    We never know true dates of Opening show of 1969.
    Yes, we do Tom.

It was July 31st, 1969. That's on record. The audience was made up of family, friends, media, critics and some general public and fans alike.

The usual season began the following night on August 1, where the tickets went on sale as normal.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

We have Soundboard have dates of 1st and 3th of august, and Tape Legend have july 31 69. what's things get mess up for some us

here I got in my notes of songs for that time

here the songlist

Blue Suede shoes
    I Got A Woman
    One Night
    Johnny B. Goode
    Runaway
    Baby, Wahat You Want Me To Do
    Funny How Time Slips Away
    Words
    Yesterday/Hey Jude
    All Shook Up
    Hound Dog
    Love Me Tender
    Are You Lonesome Tonight?
    Don't Be Cruel/Jailhouse Rock
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Mystery Train/Tiger Man
    In The Ghetto
    Memories
    Suspicious Minds
    What'd I Say
    I'm Not sure that's In Order, this from News Paper In Las Vegas on August 1st 1969.
    Tom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast