Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1969 rare? plz plz look at this!

Cadillac King

July 31st 1969! Check This Out! Is It Real!

tHE OWNER IS VERY CREDIBLE AND PLAYED A KEY ROLE IN THE CREATION OF ELVIS ADRENALINE THE DVD FULL OF RARE FOOTAGE!

HERE ARE THE PICS! CAN IT BE?

WE SHULD CALLOBORATE AND TRY AND GET THIS RELEASED! IT WOULD BE PHENOMENAL!

HERE

http://www.elvis-history.com/english...9690731_c1.htm

AND HERE

http://www.elvis-history.com/english...9690731_c2.htm

Oh boy this is the concert I've always wanted to see. It would be great if it would be released!

Diane

Hmm, why does my pc say that those links are not safe to open????

I dont know if its real, i am sure someone here will have some idea. would be good if it was.
    elvislady

This would be a very
    good release
    Hope they do!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Cadillac King
    I Am Uncetrtain On Its Genuinity! It Is A Good Website Check It Out! Seems Quite Credible! I Believe Raising It In The Elvis Community Is A Good 1st Step! So Plz Let Others Know! And Who Knows??

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Only one way to find out if this is legit.......show us the footage!
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

wow...that's something unbelievable
    yes...show us the footage that we know it's real
    ...i wanna se it...right NOW!!

Jatta
    [CENTER]"The only time I can be me is when I walk through the door and lock it from the inside" -Elvis

how The sound Of It , That's I want to know and What Songs was used That night?
    TOm
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Quote Originally Posted by poormansgold View Post
    What Songs was used That night?
    TOm
    here is an answer to that question: http://www.elvis-in-concert.com/1969/31_jul_69.htm

Jatta
    [CENTER]"The only time I can be me is when I walk through the door and lock it from the inside" -Elvis

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by yadee View Post
    here is an answer to that question: http://www.elvis-in-concert.com/1969/31_jul_69.htm

Jatta
    **** thats a cool jumpsuit!

If this is indeed legit, then unfortunately there is only going to be about 4.5 mins maximum on this roll, as well as being silent.
    Better than nothing, I guess.

I would love this to be legit.But the main thing i would ask is how come it has taken 38 years to come to light.And isn't it strange that it does show up on a major anniversary year?.

Mad Tigers
    One can only hope I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    Only one way to find out if this is legit.......show us the footage!
    But even so, there would be no way to prove that it's actually from opening night. It may also be from any one of the other shows during that stunning engagement. Unless, there is also crowd footage etc which may be an indicator ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
    how come it has taken 38 years to come to light.And isn't it strange that it does show up on a major anniversary year?.
    Exactly. It's a bit suss as it is, but who knows?

There has never been any audio released of this show either (despite what some bootleg CDs tell you) so I'm having a hard time believing someone from an audience primarily made up of invited guests, celebrities and the like snuck in a camera.

I still can't believe RCA did not record this show ... !
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by hgs262626 View Post
    I Am Uncetrtain On Its Genuinity! It Is A Good Website Check It Out! Seems Quite Credible! I Believe Raising It In The Elvis Community Is A Good 1st Step! So Plz Let Others Know! And Who Knows??
    would indeed be nice, but IF it IS authentic stuff: why has it not been released so far?

can you specify the terms 'seems', 'quite' and 'credible'? sounds all like 'i want to believe it's real', not more. maaan, if everything was 'credible' i would like to be true just because i read it somewhere ...

i can't see any proof about credibility here, hence i remain sceptic until being disabused by facts.

BTW, speaking of 'credibility' .... - just checked the internic and denic entries.

http://www.denic.de/de/
    http://www.internic.com/

this domain 'elvis-history.com' is registered by a german company via a german registrar, its sibling 'elvis-history.de' is registered for a person with the same familyname like one of mr. greg retkowski's co-workers (whatever the formal relationship between these two gentlemen may be).

mr. retkowski is the guy behind the company 'praytome publishing' who is charge of printing / burning / whatever the bud glass stuff ('behind the image').

http://www.behind-the-image.com/htm-...lisch/news.htm

so much for the term 'credibility'. the site belongs to persons who want to keep the flame of interest burning and hence keep spreading rumours in order to sell their stuff andlure more visitors to their website. since lately nothing of remarkable value (contentwise) has been published by them, they probably need some free-of-charge advertising.

i'm not going to delve into details about their reputation in german forums - for good reasons.

hope this helps (not only you but all readers of this thread).

hugs, ellie

PS before anybody (especially mr. retkowski and his likes) start wondering if or if not i am 'authorised' gathering any information from the denic, the internic, the whatsoever .... YES, as managing director of an LSO for an international internetprovider i AM authorised to get that information (and much more these gentlement don't even know it exists )

anybody any questions?
    Last edited by EDOEP; 12-12-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: addendum
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    so much for the term 'credibility'. the site belongs to persons who want to keep the flame of interest burning and hence keep spreading rumours in order to sell their stuff andlure more visitors to their website.
    And this guy isn't the only one, believe me!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Quote Originally Posted by yadee View Post

Jatta
    I don't believe this song list is correct?

I've read from multiple sources that on the July 31 show, he sang "That's Alright" #3 in the set, plus he's supposed to have performed the song "One Night" on the show as well.

I'll agree that if we could see (and hear) the footage, maybe we could get a better idea?
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    And this guy isn't the only one, believe me!
    i DO believe you , getlo.

i had the more than dubious pleasure to 'meet' mr. retkowski and his dogsbodies (especially a small one - don't ask, german forums' insiderjoke!) in the german forums.

they mainly post for promoting their stuff in forums any which way possible by letting their claqueurs post and putting down anybody who does not sing their praise but dares to have a critical attitude (which is a large number of users, BTW).

hugs, ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast