Thread: 1975

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar

I was on the Elvis in Concert database and I found this

Engagement - Tour Ref: Las Vegas Season 12

Info: Date: Venue: Location: Showtime: Crowd: Suit: Belt: Pics: Article:
    Info March 18 1975 Hilton Hotel Las Vegas NV Opening 2200 Fringe suit

Elvis wore a fringe suit in 1975? I would like to see a pic of this if possible.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Check out Elvis collectors - "jumpsuit junkies" 1975 - 3 and you will find a photo, albeit not too good, of the suit in question.

Eivind

Here is a pic from the show ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1975fringe.jpg  
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Thanks for the photo, Getlo. Does anyone know if there are any other photos of him in this suit?

Quote Originally Posted by ruggishboo View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any other photos of him in this suit?
    I've only ever seen this one, although the copy I have is quite clear.

I also have about two minutes of footage from this show - it's not great quality, but it's interesting only because Elvis wore this suit just the once, as far as is known.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Thanks for the info Getlo.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

I also have about two minutes of footage from this show - it's not great quality, but it's interesting only because Elvis wore this suit just the once, as far as is known.
    i must admit i never realised this is a rare suit. looked to me like black one with the bear-teeth (which i profoundly dislike, so i never gave it a closer look).

getlo,

on what DVD can this 2-minute video-snippet be found?

hugs, ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    on what DVD can this 2-minute video-snippet be found?
    It's actually on an old videotape I have. Don't ask me which one - I have hundreds of hours of stuff on video (tapes without titles, usually, obtained by swapping with other collectors in the 80s and 90s), and it's been at least 15 years since I watched them.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

It's actually on an old videotape I have. Don't ask me which one - I have hundreds of hours of stuff on video (tapes without titles, usually, obtained by swapping with other collectors in the 80s and 90s), and it's been at least 15 years since I watched them.
    OK, thanks for responding anyway. same happens to me with DVDs .... hence i fully understand. should i happen to come across it, i'll post it here.

ellie

Thanks for the pic Getlo...I have never seen this one.

I'm assuming then for some reason Elvis didn't like it......

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Thanks Getlo. Looks like a nice suit, wish there are more pics of it.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Actually, scratch that.

The more I think about it, the more I realise it's footage of the just-as-rare white short fringe suit from about 1971 - the one with six or so 6" thick fringes hanging off each arm I have a pic of it somewhere, I'll try to find it later ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

i've got the footage too - somewhere. as far as i know it was a one-only night for that suit and also the `penguin' suit
    rick

Its impossible to remember all of them that were there, but I seen the Jumpsuit exhibition this summer and I realize they weren't all there but I don't recall seeing the one in that photo Getlo posted. Is it known if that is in a private collection today or was it on display and I just missed it?

JD

Actually, scratch that.

The more I think about it, the more I realise it's footage of the just-as-rare white short fringe suit from about 1971 - the one with six or so 6" thick fringes hanging off each arm I have a pic of it somewhere, I'll try to find it later ...
    getlo,

you mean this one?

i call it the 'very short fringe' since i haven't found its 'scientific name' so far.

hugs, ellie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvis - short fringe suit - alternate version 1.jpg   elvis - very short fringe.jpg  

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I believe the photo on the right was faked...might be the handiwork of Sean Shaver. (Made from a 1970 pic.)

I haven't seen the one on the left before though. I suspect that is the one to which Getlo is referring, but I couldn't speak to that.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    I believe the photo on the right was faked...might be the handiwork of Sean Shaver. (Made from a 1970 pic.)

I haven't seen the one on the left before though. I suspect that is the one to which Getlo is referring, but I couldn't speak to that.
    lonnie,

in the right one he looks 'neckless' somehow, doesn't he? hence could be a collage ...

since i am not a jumpsuit expert, i simply packed it into my folder 'uncertain - pending' until i bump across some statements from experts (like leroy, JJ etc.).

what puzzled me about the color-pic was the fact that in 1970 he was rather slim as we all know - but looks pretty big in this 'footage'. so i was wondering about some artwork have been applied here as well. just an idea.

hugs, ellie

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    getlo,

you mean this one?

i call it the 'very short fringe' since i haven't found its 'scientific name' so far.

hugs, ellie
    Yes, the one on the left is from the same footage I was thinking of. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    You're right, it's a fake.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly