Thread: 1969 Las Vegas press conference on film?

1969 Las Vegas press conference on film?

Is anyone aware of such footage? I think the event was too significant NOT to be filmed. What do you know?

I`ve never seen footage from it, only pictures.....

They have some I don't it's pro shot. You could tell he doesn't have the moves all together yet. Not unless he was over excited and moved a lot out of nervous energy.

Here is the link. Hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6X83MqQs6E

The '69 press conference was not filmed, though some collectors will say they know someone ... etc ... "it's in private hands" etc etc.

Blah, blah, blah ...

No video or film cameras are visible in any of the photos from the press conference either.

If it was filmed, we would've seen at least a snippet in 38 years ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The '69 press conference was not filmed, though some collectors will say they know someone ... etc ... "it's in private hands" etc etc.

Blah, blah, blah ...

No video or film cameras are visible in any of the photos from the press conference either.

If it was filmed, we would've seen at least a snippet in 38 years ...

Getlo - it's in a private collectors hands.

Along with a dozen or so other pro shot concerts from the 70's.

lol

I'm just waiting for someone who knows someone who has it to post and tell us it exists!

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    I'm just waiting for someone who knows someone who has it to post and tell us it exists!
    Christian, where are you, bon ami?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

The shots of the press at the news conference shows a room packed with media people. It could be argued that as there were so many, some of them must have been from TV, surely not ALL of them could be press only. It's possible...fingers crossed....
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Trelane P View Post
    The shots of the press at the news conference shows a room packed with media people. It could be argued that as there were so many, some of them must have been from TV
    Not at all.

There were no TV or film cameras present ... and there are enough photos of the event - from almost every conceivable angle - to prove that.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I have never understand why this press conference wasn't recorded, but if we haven't seen anything in 38 years, most likely we never will. It would of been a gem though to see Elvis at arguably one of the greatest moments of his career.

I also find it strange that we've never heard audio from the press conference after the wedding ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

You're right that is strange. At least you have film of this one, unlike two years later. Also no audio/video of the 68 press conference about the TV special...

Quote Originally Posted by ruggishboo View Post
    You're right that is strange. At least you have film of this one, unlike two years later.
    Yeah, there is both colour and B&W footage. There are movie newsreels about it (I think 1967 may have been one of the last years they bothered with movie newsreels) but no sound. Now, surely the audio has to exist somewhere! Same with things like Elvis handing over the Potomac to danny Thomas. Plenty of video, but no audio.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggishboo View Post
    Also no audio/video of the 68 press conference about the TV special...
    I can almost understand this though. Elvis wasn't exactly setting the charts on fire around this time, and it was only a PC to announce a TV special. Not a big deal in the media's mind, I would imagine. Also, there aren't all that many photos from this PC.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Cadillac King
    not as far a im aware! hopeso though! there are pics with the view behind elvis's desk! could see cameras but not video recorders! shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

I can almost understand this though. Elvis wasn't exactly setting the charts on fire around this time, and it was only a PC to announce a TV special. Not a big deal in the media's mind, I would imagine. Also, there aren't all that many photos from this PC.
    Exactly......no one had a clue what was about to happen. Yet...in 1969 they should have been all over it...