Thread: Elvis on KNBC news 1972...

Elvis on KNBC news 1972...

News report from Las Vegas about the Elvis Shows from the Summer-Festival in August and September 1972. The Concert-Footage of Elvis is filmed by professional TV-Cameras from KNBC...click on the link below..

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qeP3h1FnHqQ

I've seen this before, but for those who haven't, enjoy!

franny

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Elvis was high as a kite in the interview. Anyways, Good vid. Thanks.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

I've never seen this before. I didn't like the reporter at all. "The man who created Elvis???" "The marvellous Manager Col. Parker???" Give me a break! Interesting watching this, though.
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    I've never seen this before. I didn't like the reporter at all. "The man who created Elvis???" "The marvellous Manager Col. Parker???" Give me a break! Interesting watching this, though.
    Have seen this footage many times over the years, but for anyone to think that the Col. had no essential role in "creating" the interest and mass hysteria caused by Elvis in the late 50's is very naive ....

Wink Fabulous footage !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    News report from Las Vegas about the Elvis Shows from the Summer-Festival in August and September 1972. The Concert-Footage of Elvis is filmed by professional TV-Cameras from KNBC...click on the link below..

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qeP3h1FnHqQ

I've seen this before, but for those who haven't, enjoy!

franny
    THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FRANNY !!!!!!! GREAT FOOTAGE !!!!
    YOU'RE A DOLL, S H A R I N G THIS WITH ALL OF US !!!

When will be able to see those 200 hours of film that MGM shot during those 12 city shows ????
    I believe that Ernst & Roger at BMG must know, but they don't want to tell us !!! Nor does Soden or EPE Mgmt...Why ?? Perhaps they want to keep something special to be released in 2012......???? the EonTour Box 3 DVDs and 5CDs....how about that....Only one thing....many of the loyal life long elvis fans may have hearing problems or may have died in the meantime....
    C'mon wizzard at BMG and in Memphis out there south...wake up and do something about it, will you...

On top of that: all elvis fans and loyal elvis product buyers have noticed all along that lately the FTD digipacks are done in a LOW QUALITY way and have badly selected color pictures or most of them in B/W while colored pixs are available....SHAME ON YOU bmg !!! yOU ARE GOING FOR THE FAST BUCK AND WE DO NOT APPRECIATE THAT. I also refer to POT, GGGILRS, GOLD VOLOUME 2 (the gold suit does not shine in B/W...you moguls...) Besides, thank God the bootleggers were there fast and first to buy up all interesting and sparkling work parts, outtakes and alternative versions of GGGirls,GHappy, Spinout etc etc also the American studio marathon songs that BMG is still planning to release...all on one CD we guess, while the bootleggers have already issued 5 CDs with those.

When can we expect the next FTD digipacks and which ones ? What movies ?
    Hope King Creole's complete (with outtakes, incomplete work parts, altern. versions etc) session will be out early 2008....50 years later than 1958.....!!!
    Perfect timing it would be !!!!
    Then WE WANT also to buy in 2008 PROM LAND (together with songs from GOOD TIMES) and the FROM EP BLVD (together with the 6 studio songs from MOODY BLUE).
    DOES ANYONE KNOW OUT THERE WHAT IDEAS THEY HAVE FOR 2008....WHY DON'T THEY SEND OUT A PRESS RELEASE TO FANS AND EPFCs with professional info as good marketeers do in their music business ???

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS!

Thanks Franny, most of this video I had never seen before.

Diane

This is great!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Thanks franny i seen this before but its nice to watch again.
    elvislady

You're welcome, everyone!

cheers,
    franny

Quote Originally Posted by Frankieg View Post
    Have seen this footage many times over the years, but for anyone to think that the Col. had no essential role in "creating" the interest and mass hysteria caused by Elvis in the late 50's is very naive ....

I didn't say that Colonel had nothing to do with Elvis's career, I just said that he didn't create Elvis. Elvis Presley was so talented that he would have been succesful anyway. Who would have known Col. Parker if it wasn't for Elvis and why he didn't create any one else? And I'm sure you also noticed that the reporter wasn't a big fan of Elvis...
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

Thanks Franny for sharing this. Elvis sure is high as a kite - holy smokes! i don't understand how this never got out earlier in his career if he appeared in public that way.....just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Thanks Franny for sharing this. Elvis sure is high as a kite - holy smokes! i don't understand how this never got out earlier in his career if he appeared in public that way.....just an observation.
    You're welcome, Kelly!

Yes, you're right! How did this not get out earlier...

franny