Thread: is there any footage backstage from hampton roads EVENING concert in 1972?

Cadillac King

is there any footage backstage from hampton roads EVENING concert in 1972?

is there any footage backstage from the hamptons road EVENING concert?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS!

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hgs262626 View Post

I haven't seen any if their is. There could be some since the concerts of that day was filmed.

I've never seen any backstage footage from the evening shows from Hampton Roads, VA but would love to if any ever surfaced! Surely someone (possibly MGM?) filmed some backstage footage...but that's prolly just wishful thinking....

The one thing that bugs the hell out of me 'bout the footage from that night is Elvis's hairstyle...

Larry Geller wasn't around then so who styled Elvis's hair for that particular show?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I've never seen any backstage footage from the evening shows from Hampton Roads, VA but would love to if any ever surfaced! Surely someone (possibly MGM?) filmed some backstage footage...but that's prolly just wishful thinking....

The one thing that bugs the hell out of me 'bout the footage from that night is Elvis's hairstyle...

Larry Geller wasn't around then so who styled Elvis's hair for that particular show?
    Can you post a pic Tony so that we can all see the hairstyle??

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Can you post a pic Tony so that we can all see the hairstyle??

Here's some pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elvis On Tour 025.jpg   s72040903.jpg   s72040916.jpg  

What's always bugged me is why the majority of Elvis On Tour featured Hampton Roads ES. His hair was bloody awful, and he was pudgy to boot.

That they didn't use the majority for San Antonio footage (Proud Mary, Never Been To Spain) is a travesty. He looked so much better in that show, and in the Red Lion Suit.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

OK...while we are discussing his hair.... In December of 1970 when Elvis was on his mission to see Nixon, didn't he spend the previous night with Jerry S. at his place??? If so.....who did his hair that next morning?? It looked gorgeous...

Pardon my ignorance, but what's wrong with Elvis' hair in ES Hampton Roads footage ???

It's at least much better looking than some of those godforsaken '75/'76 photos with the short bangs, Beatle moptop style ...

Angry When can we see those 200 hours of MGM film ?????

Quote Originally Posted by hgs262626 View Post

When will be able to swee those 200 hours of film that MGM shot during those 12 city shows ????
    I believe that Ernst & Roger at BMG must know, but they don't want to tell us !!! Nor does Soden or EPE Mgmt...Why ?? Perhaps they want to keep something special to be released in 2012......???? the EonTour Box 3 DVDs and 5CDs....how about that....Only one thing....many of the loyal life long elvis fans may have hearing problems or may have died in the meantime....
    C'mon wizzard at BMG and in Memphis out there south...wake up and do something about it, will you...

On top of that: all elvis fans and loyal elvis product buyers have noticed all along that lately the FTD digipacks are done in a LOW QUALITY way and have badly selected color pictures or most of them in B/W while colored pixs are available....SHAME ON YOU bmg !!! yOU ARE GOING FOR THE FAST BUCK AND WE DO NOT APPRECIATE THAT. I also refer to POT, GGGILRS, GOLD VOLOUME 2 (the gold suit does not shine in B/W...you moguls...) Besides, thank God the bootleggers were there fast and first to buy up all interesting and sparkling work parts, outtakes and alternative versions of GGGirls,GHappy, Spinout etc etc also the American studio marathon songs that BMG is still planning to release...all on one CD we guess, while the bootleggers have already issued 5 CDs with those.

When can we expect the next FTD digipacks and which ones ? What movies ?
    Hope King Creole's complete (with outtakes, incomplete work parts, altern. versions etc) session will be out early 2008....50 years later than 1958.....!!!
    Perfect timing it would be !!!!
    Then WE WANT also to buy in 2008 PROM LAND (together with songs from GOOD TIMES) and the FROM EP BLVD (together with the 6 studio songs from MOODY BLUE).
    DOES ANYONE KNOW OUT THERE WHAT IDEAS THEY HAVE FOR 2008....WHY DON'T THEY SEND OUT A PRESS RELEASE TO FANS AND EPFCs with professional info as good marketeers do in their music business ???

Quote Originally Posted by Frankieg View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's wrong with Elvis' hair in ES Hampton Roads footage ???

It's at least much better looking than some of those godforsaken '75/'76 photos with the short bangs, Beatle moptop style ...

I agree that it's much better than the 1976 "Moe Howard/Beatles" haircuts but there's just something that bugs me 'bout it...prolly cuz it's just so long in the back....