Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Elton John talks about seeing & meeting Elvis

  1. #1
    Cadillac King Trelane P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    428

    Elton John talks about seeing & meeting Elvis

    Here's a really interesting 4 min interview with Elton John talking about Elvis. Soem things I never knew.

    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mLhX_f4to
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

    Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Thanks for posting that...I have always wondered what Elton thought of Elvis

  3. #3
    Thanks for the link, that was intereseting.
    elvislady

  4. #4
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Thank you for posting this video.

    Diane

  5. #5
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Thanks for the postInteresting to hear what someone like Elton John thought of ElvisI wonder what Elvis thought of Elton John??

  6. #6
    TCB Mafia LianaKaralivanou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,250
    It was an interesting interview. I'm glad that Elton John said that there would be no Beatles or Hendrix if it wasn't for Elvis. He surely influenced their lives. But I have to disagree with Elton when he says that "Elvis was 42 when he died and looked like 62." Okay, he was not in a good shape towards the end (we all know that) but he didn't look like 62! My opinion.
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

  7. #7
    Backstage Pass tcbeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    121
    Thanks for posting ,it was very interesting.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    177
    Thanks for the clip, but honestly, what is the new thing here? Elton says he saw him in Vegas, and then i 76 he went to see in Washington with his his mother. He said it was sad to see him, and that he was a drug addict. It is no secret to anybody any longer. Best regards and merry christmas. Martin
    Last edited by Elvistcbkirch; 12-17-2007 at 05:10 AM.

  9. #9

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Thanks for the clip, but honestly, what is the new thing here?
    Firstly, this clip and the info contained therein may be new to younger fans.

    Secondly, so what if there were no "secrets" in the interview?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  10. #10
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    There were no secrets in the interview but Elton gave Elvis the respect he deserved and I agreed heartily with him about the media, the Colonel and the MM not having the guts to say no to him thus helping him in his demise.

    I agree Liana, I don't think Elvis looked 62 either but I don't feel Elton meant any disrespect by it, I think he was just worried and shocked like the rest of us.

    Diane

  11. #11
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    There were no secrets in the interview but Elton gave Elvis the respect he deserved and I agreed heartily with him about the media, the Colonel and the MM not having the guts to say no to him thus helping him in his demise.

    I agree Liana, I don't think Elvis looked 62 either but I don't feel Elton meant any disrespect by it, I think he was just worried and shocked like the rest of us.

    Diane
    Colonel says he didn't want to interfere with Elvis's personal life. The MM did say things to him.

    By the way.....why do people blame everyone else apart from Elvis for his problems?

  12. #12

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    By the way.....why do people blame everyone else apart from Elvis for his problems?
    It's what they thrive on.

    The MM bashers et al ... Elvis was perfect in their eyes and could do no wrong.

    Others forced him to make bad choices ... everyone else used him.

    Check out Topix for some of the more sickening of these sorts of theories.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  13. #13
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    It's what they thrive on.

    The MM bashers et al ... Elvis was perfect in their eyes and could do no wrong.

    Others forced him to make bad choices ... everyone else used him.

    Check out Topix for some of the more sickening of these sorts of theories.

    Yeah - it's just crazy how people blame others for what happened to Elvis.

    He was the master of his own destiny, from having the Colonel to his death.

  14. #14
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Oh come on you two, then I guess Elton was a basher too. A lot of us feel Elvis didn't get the help he needed and believe in the saying "no man is an island", that he had emotional problems that were not addressed, but not all of us condemn the MM totally....the Colonel, well for me personally, yes I do.

    Diane

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    A lot of us feel Elvis didn't get the help he needed
    He had the chance to get some help ... but refused.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  16. #16
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Sure Elvis was the master of his destiny-so were the MM! So was Parker! But their "actions and inactions" had an affect on Elvis's life! His actions affected their lives. IMO Parker was out for Parker-smile on his face, pat on the back-but behind the smile was the thought "never let him get secure or too independent". Parkers "actions and inactions" worked to keep that insecurity in place. IMO The MM loved Elvis- but not enough to quit and stay gone. He always invited them back and they always came back. I'm sure Red and Sonny would have been back eventually-if Elvis had lived. They all have a hand in the situation and each hand has a degree of responsibility for all that happened. They all chose to be where they were-in the situation that existed.
    Like I posted in another thread one of Elvis's friends who knew him in the Lauderdale Courts was asked by Elvis at the start to work and travel with him-this guy said no a couple times according to his comments in "Elvis Up Close" he told Elvis their friendship would not be the same and that was more important to him. Its to bad more of his friends did not take the same attitude. IMO

  17. #17
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Sure Elvis was the master of his destiny-so were the MM! So was Parker! But their "actions and inactions" had an affect on Elvis's life! His actions affected their lives. IMO Parker was out for Parker-smile on his face, pat on the back-but behind the smile was the thought "never let him get secure or too independent". Parkers "actions and inactions" worked to keep that insecurity in place. IMO The MM loved Elvis- but not enough to quit and stay gone. He always invited them back and they always came back. I'm sure Red and Sonny would have been back eventually-if Elvis had lived. They all have a hand in the situation and each hand has a degree of responsibility for all that happened. They all chose to be where they were-in the situation that existed.
    Like I posted in another thread one of Elvis's friends who knew him in the Lauderdale Courts was asked by Elvis at the start to work and travel with him-this guy said no a couple times according to his comments in "Elvis Up Close" he told Elvis their friendship would not be the same and that was more important to him. Its to bad more of his friends did not take the same attitude. IMO
    Who was this guy?

    And more importantly.....did he have a friendship with Elvis to speak of with Elvis in the 60's and 70's?

    My money is on the friendship not exisitng by the mid 60's.

    Elvis did what he wanted when he wanted. People tried to talk to him, he wasnt interested.

    It's a shame he didn't listen and or act on his own to stop his self destructive lifetyle.
    Last edited by Stryx; 12-17-2007 at 11:44 AM.

  18. #18
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    He had the chance to get some help ... but refused.
    Yes sad, but true he refused! Did they have rehab then as they do now, seems all the stars today are in them...

    Could Vernon have checked Elvis into something or did Elvis have to be the one to do that? He should have been the one to do that, but obviously didn't...

    btw thanks, for the interview Trelane! I agree that Elvis had a manger who ripped him off!

    franny

  19. #19
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    Yes sad, but true he refused! Did they have rehab then as they do now, seems all the stars today are in them...

    Could Vernon have checked Elvis into something or did Elvis have to be the one to do that? He should have been the one to do that, but obviously didn't...

    btw thanks, for the interview Trelane! I agree that Elvis had a manger who ripped him off!

    franny
    NO....rehabs were not the same as you are thinking of with today's stars. Now days I get the feeling they almost think of it as being quite "chic" to check into a rehab. Or, as Dr. Phil calls them, "Country Club rehabs". In the 70's there was still a bit of a question about how you could become addicted to a "prescribed medication."

  20. #20
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    NO....rehabs were not the same as you are thinking of with today's stars. Now days I get the feeling they almost think of it as being quite "chic" to check into a rehab. Or, as Dr. Phil calls them, "Country Club rehabs". In the 70's there was still a bit of a question about how you could become addicted to a "prescribed medication."
    Thanks, for your response Rosanne! I think you're right, as it seems to be a daily news event these days...

    franny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Elvis and Led Zeppelin meeting
    By ruggishboo in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 04:29 AM
  2. Elton John Talks About Elvis
    By Brian Quinn in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
  3. It's Elvis Time Meeting
    By mn-designs in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •