Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graceland style and fashion

Graceland style and fashion

Call us weird, but me and my wife love tracking down certian things we like that are at Graceland and find copies of them. We have 2 white lions (scaled down of course..lol) by each side of our televion...like the ones in front of the mansion, china like they have on display at Graceland, an art print from the moulin rogue like in te pool room, a smaller white monkey holding a snowball like in the tv room. Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of a print called "Yellow corner" it's located on the right wall between the tv room and pool room at Graceland? I don't knowte artist, and I've searched on the net, with nothing.Any help....?

No idea, try looking up the artist.
    Another thing you could try is to take a pic of the pic and have put on canvas at a photography shop.

I wonder if the book called "Elvis Presley Estate Inventory" is very detailed, with descriptions....or name brands of certain items like the beautiful sunburst clock in the living room?

very interesting hobby. I wouldn't say you guys are crazy at all. Good luck on your quest.

I don't think it's crazy either, in fact I think it would be a fun project.

Diane

Coming On Strong
    Nice hobby! Maybe you can post pics of your home too?

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Yeah, that's a pretty cool endeavor, onlylooking. I like the subtlety there because probably only fellow fans are going to identify those things as being Graceland-inspired or having an Elvis connection.

Then there's the other approach...

...you won't forget me when I go.

Lol I agree Lonnie...not in my house.

Diane

Oh it's quite fun looking for the "Graceland" type things. Antiique stores,ebay,flea markets, peddler malls...etc. looking for those things. You have to think outside the box and do a little research, but it's hard to find brand names of some of the items at Graceland. I know some things were custom made, but alot is stock stuff. Last year we got a white christmas tree with red ornaments like the tree in the living room at Graceland and then put like 16 strands of C9 blue chritmas bulbs around our circle drive, my wife went crazy over it! It was a big suprise. My back was quite sore benind over drivng in all those stakes. Next year I'm reproducing the 4 gold trees in the front yard at Graceland. It's a rough tree shape out of small heavy round metal and then Gold tinsel garland wrapped round it to full it out, then each tree has one color of bulbs, 1)red..1)orange..1)green 1)yellow and wham...Gracland christmas trees. If anyone find name of items please feel free to e-mail me. Still looking for that artist that did the "Yellow corner" print. Merry Christmas to everyone here.

I saw this show, where a couple who lives in Chicago won the lottery and had their own Graceland house made and decorated the interior with similar items. The details were so similar, that it looked like the real thing, especially from the outside.

Good luck finding more Graceland items, onlylooking! Did you try emailing EPE, I don't know it they could help, but you never know...

franny

TCB Mafia
    lucky couple....
    Wouldn't mind to live in a graceland look a like at all...

If I win the lottery I do exactly the same... or better I move to Memphis and I will buy the real one and you will all be still invited but when everyone is gone I'm going to examen every little inch of the property....
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Lol Riley, if that's what you want, I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm sure Graceland would be safer in your hands than what it is at present. Just think of me when you're all cozied up in the jungle room. That room is so out of my taste but for some reason I just love it.

Diane

Was it the show..."how the lottery changed my life" or something like that? I wish I had that footage or someway to get in touch wit those guys. I've e-mailed Graceland a couple of times, they're nice, but not very much infomation on the "Little" things, you know.

TCB Mafia
    thanks Diane and you will be welcome, anytime....
    The jungle room at least is still original. One can picture him right there sitting. the dining room and living room he never knew like that at all
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by onlylooking View Post
    Was it the show..."how the lottery changed my life" or something like that? I wish I had that footage or someway to get in touch wit those guys. I've e-mailed Graceland a couple of times, they're nice, but not very much infomation on the "Little" things, you know.
    Yes, that's the show! I don't know how you could get in touch with them, unless you try to google it and something comes up...

That's too bad, I thought EPE could have come through for you.

franny

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    When I buy my own house I will have a jungle room of my own. I think the company that makes the furniture Elvis had in the jungle room is still selling that series.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

I don't know if they are still being made. I hope so, but might you be thinking of the EPE-sanctioned, "Elvis-inspired" line of furniture that came out a few years ago?

You may find these links helpful, as they contain details about the company, its founder and legendary designer, as well a relative of his who is now carrying on his work.

http://blog.humuhumu.com/2006/09/02/...is-jungle-room
    http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...bac34e482c74a9

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    I don't know if they are still being made. I hope so, but might you be thinking of the EPE-sanctioned, "Elvis-inspired" line of furniture that came out a few years ago?

You may find these links helpful, as they contain details about the company, its founder and legendary designer, as well a relative of his who is now carrying on his work.

http://blog.humuhumu.com/2006/09/02/...is-jungle-room
    http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...bac34e482c74a9
    Thanks Lonnie
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

You're welcome!

Cadillac King
    Wat U Guna Do With Upstairs Stuff Tho? No Ones Really Bin Up There!
    1969 july 31st, will we ever see anything?? sob sob!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast