Thread: Life with elvis

Loving elvis

Life with elvis

What do you think elvis life would of been if the boys didn't live with elvis and just came by as friends do today?? I sometimes wonder how life would be if elvis lived without the boys and they just went on tour with him and came by for a visits??

MissyM
    Good question, must think longer on it.

I guess that would have given him more time to spend with his family, more private life. And maybe his marriage to Priscilla wouldn't have to end. Maybe...
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

SleepyJack
    I think it would have done him the world of good.Maybe without the distraction of them being there 24/7 he might have learned to stand up and think for himself a bit more....and who knows where that might have led?

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    I guess that would have given him more time to spend with his family, more private life. And maybe his marriage to Priscilla wouldn't have to end. Maybe...
    I agree completely. May have made him see what the real world was all about - and he would have paid more attention to his family rather than his childish hijinks with the guys.

I also think that life for Elvis would have been a lot more normal had the MM not been around all the time. They were co-enablers in so many destructive ways. With that many people around all the time I myself would have found it very hard to think straight.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    What do you think elvis life would of been if the boys didn't live with elvis and just came by as friends do today?? I sometimes wonder how life would be if elvis lived without the boys and they just went on tour with him and came by for a visits??
    I believe it would have made for a much more "normal " life if they were "just friends."
    I think he started out to "help "them and share all he had.
    The situation just "got out of control" and hurt them all in the long run.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I also think that life for Elvis would have been a lot more normal had the MM not been around all the time. They were co-enablers in so many destructive ways. With that many people around all the time I myself would have found it very hard to think straight.

Diane
    yes diane l agree, things would of been different for sure

First of all if he had lead his life the way we think he should it wouldnt be Elvis life anymore but our life and his way of life was part of his character and charisma in my opinion. But I think he made a good choice wanting the guys always around because I cant imagine Elvis during those awful movie shots for months all alone, during those boring concert contracts in Las Vegas or at home with the sole company of his grandmother and a wife with whom in my opinion wasnt in love or had very little in common.
    At least he had some fun with them and canīt remember where I read it but this same statement was made by Elvis himself and I understand it.

You could say they were a "mixed blessing" Donut. He still could have had them come over when he needed company but not live on top of him. But you're right, no use speculating and re-writing his life for him.

Diane

Loving elvis
    well l guess l leave the posting up to everyone.