Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis and Nick Adams

Elvis and Nick Adams

I read the Tupelo's Own Book,and there are pictures of Elvis and Adams,his new ''Hollywood Friend'' and he went along with Elvis to the Homecoming in Tupelo,but I never heard of him after this period...does someboy know more about their relationship,I mean did they stay friends???
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

As far as I know he was a spy of the Colonel. He committed suicide
    I think in 68.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    As far as I know he was a spy of the Colonel. He committed suicide
    I think in 68.

The only "spy" that the Colonel had (in regards to Elvis) was Joe Esposito for a period of time.

Elvis and Nick were friends and Elvis was shattered when he heard of his death only four days after bringing Lisa Marie home from the hospital....

Nick hung around Elvis during the period that Elvis was friendly with Natalie Wood and for a short time after. Elvis was a big James Dean fan and Rebel without a cause which both appeared in. I think that was some of the appeal, then Nick was always available for hanging out and good times .

JD

TCB Mafia
    Elvis was such a handsome young man, so I wouldn't be surprised if Nick had some "feelings" for him.
    I don't think Elvis knew or realised it at the time at all
    In some pics of them together I have the impression Nic had his eyes upon him "a lot"

Maybe at one moment there was a sort of confession perhaps of Nic towards Elvis and maybe that caused the rift..... or perhaps The Colonel told him to get rid of him because of his reputation

It looks to me that after a brief period of being friends they never were seen together again and I always wondered why....

Last edited by riley; 12-05-2007 at 12:53 AM.
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    The only "spy" that the Colonel had (in regards to Elvis) was Joe Esposito for a period of time.

Elvis and Nick were friends and Elvis was shattered when he heard of his death only four days after bringing Lisa Marie home from the hospital....
    This is from June Juanico's book 'In the Twilight of Memory':

'We didn't know it at the time, but Nick had been singled out
    by Colonel Parker as the weakest link in the chain of Rebels,
    and hired him to spy on Elvis, then report back to him. A struggling
    actor with no money, Nick's expenses were paid by the Colonel.'

June writes more things about Nick and he appeared in an
    unfavourable light.

Wow, didn't know Nick was spying for the Colonel, first time I've heard that. Yes Nick was gay - and of course back then it was taboo. I see what you mean Riley in that pic - Nick sure was giving Elvis the eye. (of course -who could blame him!) I don't know much about Nick other than he did commit suicide - perhaps because of the gay thing? Being labeled and possibly black listed back then? Not sure - I'm sure others have more info than me. Thanks for the photo though because I never knew what he looked like.

The older lady in one of these pictures is Nick Adams' mother.

And of course, the young girl is the delectable Natalie Wood. Yum!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails epnick.jpg   epnick2.jpg   epnick3.jpg  

Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Wow, didn't know Nick was spying for the Colonel, first time I've heard that. Yes Nick was gay - and of course back then it was taboo. I see what you mean Riley in that pic - Nick sure was giving Elvis the eye. (of course -who could blame him!) I don't know much about Nick other than he did commit suicide - perhaps because of the gay thing? Being labeled and possibly black listed back then? Not sure - I'm sure others have more info than me. Thanks for the photo though because I never knew what he looked like.
    I've read a book about him and his career was going no where. He was in debt pretty good when he died and getting a divorce.
    Nick was in "Rebel Without A Cause" with James Dean and he dubbed in some slurred dialogue for the movie "Giant" for Dean who had died before he could finsih looping some of his scenes. Elvis wanted to know all about Dean from Adams and Wood. Adams who had been in the Dean circle of friends IMO wanted to find a new "best friend" Adams wanted desperatly to be a big movie star-he never really made it.

I heard that Nick Adams was bisexual and had a fling with James dean,but as far as Elvis going for that Nah,he was too much a ladies man and Elvis was so naive about those kind of things anyway

TCB Mafia
    that's why I also think he didn't really saw how Adams looked at him...
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I've read a book about him and his career was going no where. He was in debt pretty good when he died and getting a divorce.
    Nick was in "Rebel Without A Cause" with James Dean and he dubbed in some slurred dialogue for the movie "Giant" for Dean who had died before he could finsih looping some of his scenes. Elvis wanted to know all about Dean from Adams and Wood. Adams who had been in the Dean circle of friends IMO wanted to find a new "best friend" Adams wanted desperatly to be a big movie star-he never really made it.
    Thanks KPM for this info.....I did not know this. I was going to do a search about Nick Adams a long time ago when I first heard about him - but always forgot to do so......thanks!

re

Thanks for your stories
    I didn't knew he was gay,or bisexual but is it really true he was a spy for the Colonel?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

I have never considered the possibility Nick was a spy. It's a strange world.

I do recall he was supposed to be gay. Well, I'm sorry. We are all sinners, but a sin is a sin and it's wrong being gay. I think it's fair to say that being gay is like murder for that reason. We have the moral duty to prevent our vulnerable children from becoming it - family values prevail over acting abilities.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

I always had the feeling that Nick Adams seemed to latch onto mega-stars in order to help boost his career, ( obviously James Dean and our boy Elvis ), though I've since changed my mind after hearing his interview in the excellent Tupelo homecoming DVD, where Mr. Adams was interviewed and when asked about his own career, you know, what he was up to and such, he refused to do so, instead having the interviewer focus on it being Elvis' day and Elvis himself, which I thought was very classy of him.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post

I do recall he was supposed to be gay. Well, I'm sorry. We are all sinners, but a sin is a sin and it's wrong being gay. I think it's fair to say that being gay is like murder for that reason. We have the moral duty to prevent our vulnerable children from becoming it - family values prevail over acting abilities.
    Get ready to duck and run for cover.

Well, I'm sorry. We are all sinners, but a sin is a sin and it's wrong being gay. I think it's fair to say that being gay is like murder for that reason. We have the moral duty to prevent our vulnerable children from becoming it - family values prevail over acting abilities.
    I presume that, with your being gay (as you've admitted), that this comment was meant to be ironic?

Either way, an opinion like this has no place on an Elvis forum.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I just couldn't help myself. Just trying to copy those guys ("since I'm a Christian and I've been in the military..") and having a laugh here.

I actually don't know too much about Nick Adams. I'd love to read more about the supposed spy-thing. It is a strange world..
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

I think it's fair to say that being gay is like murder for that reason.

Thats Ridiculous. I guess I missed the joke .

not to get off topic - but sorry I disagree about this. I'm not a big religious person or anything, but I don't condemn people for being different. Now a days it's not big deal in the hollywood scene - back then I guess it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast