Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 163

Thread: Why was MSG not filmed?

  1. #41

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by alstrada View Post
    JUNE 26 1977 "MARKET SQUARE ARENA INDIANAPOLIS "THE CBS CAMERA TEAM FILMED ELVIS' FINAL PERFORMANCE OF THIS TOUR ON 2 CAMERAS AROUND 20 MINUTES.
    Here's a perfect example of what I mean, when stuff like this is bandied about as definite ... without proof ... and when people believe it without any evidence whatsover just gets to me.

    Ger Rijff - who was at the Indy show - had it confirmed to him by CBS executive Ann Wolf that cameras were at the show ... but only to film the crowds outside and the general milling about. Same with the Indy airport footage.

    Indianapolis June 26th, 1977 - unfortunately - was not professionally videotaped.

    And most of the stuff on the previous list can be just as easily debunked.

    FIGHT THE MYTHS AND FALSEHOODS, PEOPLE!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  2. #42
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    I think this list was posted on another thread? I'm not sure.

    Alstrada, this is no reflection on you, but ...

    This site (along with a couple of others) simply has no proof to back up its claims.

    Pro shot MSG footage? Well, so where's it been since 1972?

    And the idea that Elvis was intereviewed by the pool in '77? No way, no how ... it never happened. However, I'd love to be proven wrong about this! If this collector is saying he has this interview, then let him show it and remove all doubt.

    The rest of the list is too long to go into, but there are some real doozies on there. It's mostly just wishful thinking and speculation on the part of the website that puts it up, IMO.
    I was the one who posted the site for the avante garde filmmaker who used 16mm cameras to film at MSG-on another thread. I also posted the info which is at the MSG ELvis website which is devoted to nothing but info on the MSG shows and its pretty well researched.
    Getlo you and I debated what pro-footage meant at that time. I can not recall this avante garde guys name but I'm sure you recall the debate. (you have a very low opinion of avante garde filmmakers as I recall) But he does have 16 mm footage which has only been used so far in a short 4-5 minute avante garde film which was nominated for some avante garde award. He used some of the footage -speeded up, with quick cuts- along with music by Mozart? (or another famous composer)
    He is considered a professional filmmaker and he used 16mm cameras. He was not authorized as far as I can find out. But as I said in the other thread I don't care if its authorized, I care how clear the footage is (and this is 16mm clear) and how much of the concert was recorded. Thats really all most would care about who love to see Elvis perform.
    The thread we talked about this was not that long ago.

  3. #43
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    150
    Some Madison Square concerts are filmed proffesionally.. They are in Private hands.. Rumors are there that there is many footage that is in hands of Elvis' friends.. There is even footage of Elvis rehearsing in Hawaii '73 and backstage footage, shot for Japanese TV Broadcasting.. A year ago.. after some research I recieved a 30 second movie of footage that showed Elvis in his 'MSG interview jacket' walking on stage.. it changed and then you saw him standing on stage.. white Puffy shirt If I remember clearly and he had a bunch of hair.. just like the Alternate Aloha.. (I remember it was What Now My Love and Elvis puts his fist in the air..) That's all I ever saw of it.. But I know it's there..

  4. #44
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    150
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Getlo
    I think this list was posted on another thread? I'm not sure.

    Alstrada, this is no reflection on you, but ...

    This site (along with a couple of others) simply has no proof to back up its claims.

    Pro shot MSG footage? Well, so where's it been since 1972?

    And the idea that Elvis was intereviewed by the pool in '77? No way, no how ... it never happened. However, I'd love to be proven wrong about this! If this collector is saying he has this interview, then let him show it and remove all doubt.

    The rest of the list is too long to go into, but there are some real doozies on there. It's mostly just wishful thinking and speculation on the part of the website that puts it up, IMO.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

    There were plans to film that, Elvis agreed but it never came of it..

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    Some Madison Square concerts are filmed proffesionally.. They are in Private hands.. Rumors are there that there is many footage that is in hands of Elvis' friends.. There is even footage of Elvis rehearsing in Hawaii '73 and backstage footage, shot for Japanese TV Broadcasting.. A year ago.. after some research I recieved a 30 second movie of footage that showed Elvis in his 'MSG interview jacket' walking on stage.. it changed and then you saw him standing on stage.. white Puffy shirt If I remember clearly and he had a bunch of hair.. just like the Alternate Aloha.. (I remember it was What Now My Love and Elvis puts his fist in the air..) That's all I ever saw of it.. But I know it's there..
    I knew I saw something that was very clear footage of MSG. So was that Mojo dude right? He got banned for using cuss words but I think whoever got him worked up owes him an apology. I would really love to see that Poolside interview too if it did happened.

  6. #46
    International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Byron, Georgia
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    It wasn't filmed professionally: 8mm is like home movies, or the Zapruder film of the Kennedy assassination.
    Umm, wrong. There is many different types of 8mm cameras including some which films professionally. Parts of Elvis On Tour was filmed professionally using a 8mm camera. The mobile camera that was used was a 8mm camera. Joe Cocker's movie was done by the same guys and they used 8mm cameras during that movie. The same was done for Elvis On Tour. It evens says that in a movie book I have that talks about Joe Cocker's movie. The camera is seen in Elvis On Tour outtakes and also is seen on stage during the fan footage of June 10th Afternoon and Evening concerts at the MSG. As for the list, Macon 1972 concerts was not filmed at all by MGM. They was filmed by the local TV cnews crew. One show is incomplete and one show is complete. I know the person who owns both of them. He also owns the Macon 1977 concert which is complete. Same TV channel filmed it as well. He and another person I know who owns the Atlanta Dec. 1976 concert (complete) has worked out an agreement which a overseas company to release it. The release date is 2008. They are trying for August sometime before the anniversary of his death but it is unconfirmed if it will be August. They think it might be sooner. Indy concert was also filmed professionally and is seen on some of the budget DVDs of Elvis. But the whole concert was not filmed. The show was filmed by a TV crew. Also, about the Easter Special. This is also true that one was planned but it was canceled because the Aloha show which was a year before. One of the 45 picture sleeve mentioned it at the bottom. But again, it was cancel.

  7. #47

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    There were plans to film that (the pool interview), Elvis agreed but it never came of it..
    Your source, please?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  8. #48

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    Some Madison Square concerts are filmed proffesionally.. They are in Private hands..
    No, they were not. And your source that they are in "private hands"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    Rumors are there that there is many footage that is in hands of Elvis' friends.. There is even footage of Elvis rehearsing in Hawaii '73 and backstage footage, shot for Japanese TV Broadcasting..
    Exactly. Rumours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    A year ago.. after some research I recieved a 30 second movie of footage that showed Elvis in his 'MSG interview jacket' walking on stage.. it changed and then you saw him standing on stage.. white Puffy shirt If I remember clearly and he had a bunch of hair.. just like the Alternate Aloha.. (I remember it was What Now My Love and Elvis puts his fist in the air..) That's all I ever saw of it.. But I know it's there..
    If you still have it ... then please post it. Or even a screen grab.

    "Professional" is not 8mm, or some guy with a 16mm camera either. Professional is of MGM / CBS standard and shot by companies of this ilk.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  9. #49

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Umm, wrong. There is many different types of 8mm cameras including some which films professionally. Parts of Elvis On Tour was filmed professionally using a 8mm camera. The mobile camera that was used was a 8mm camera.
    Yes and no. Was the 8mm footage (from Buffalo) used in the final film? No. Yes, this is pro shot in the sense that MGM authorised filming (actually, it was Bob Abel who shot this for himself; it wasn't part of MGM's actual filming schedule) but it's not pro shot because of the type of camera used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    As for the list, Macon 1972 concerts was not filmed at all by MGM. They was filmed by the local TV cnews crew. One show is incomplete and one show is complete. I know the person who owns both of them. He also owns the Macon 1977 concert which is complete. Same TV channel filmed it as well. He and another person I know who owns the Atlanta Dec. 1976 concert (complete) has worked out an agreement which a overseas company to release it. The release date is 2008.
    Have you seen any of this footage, or do you take their word for it? The release date is 2008? Is this info from the same people who said there'd be a "huge release" of stuff last (northern) spring (that never eventuated)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Indy concert was also filmed professionally and is seen on some of the budget DVDs of Elvis. But the whole concert was not filmed. The show was filmed by a TV crew.
    I guarantee you it wasn't; and we will never see TV crew footage of the Indy show. Mark my words. The stuff on some of the budget DVDs (some of which I have) may be of good quality, but it is still mostly fan shot stuff, ie not professional.

    Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong over this, as we all deserve to see more of Elvis in concert.

    People are confusing the word "professional" with "better than the usual fan shot stuff". Unless the footage was authorised by MGM, CBS etc ... then it's not professional.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  10. #50

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    I knew I saw something that was very clear footage of MSG. So was that Mojo dude right? He got banned for using cuss words but I think whoever got him worked up owes him an apology.
    MojoElvis was not right.

    What you saw (and I think it's still available on YouTube) was excellent quality fan shot MSG stuff (see www.msg1972.com). Speeded up, for some reason, with Mozart (?) playing in the background.

    It was me who got Mojo worked up so much. Or, more accurately, it was when I dared disagree with him that the MSG shows were pro filmed.

    And I do not owe him an apology ... for anything. His foul-mouthed tirade got him banned.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  11. #51
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    Some Madison Square concerts are filmed proffesionally.. They are in Private hands.. Rumors are there that there is many footage that is in hands of Elvis' friends.. There is even footage of Elvis rehearsing in Hawaii '73 and backstage footage, shot for Japanese TV Broadcasting.. A year ago.. after some research I recieved a 30 second movie of footage that showed Elvis in his 'MSG interview jacket' walking on stage.. it changed and then you saw him standing on stage.. white Puffy shirt If I remember clearly and he had a bunch of hair.. just like the Alternate Aloha.. (I remember it was What Now My Love and Elvis puts his fist in the air..) That's all I ever saw of it.. But I know it's there..
    MSG is filmed professionally!

    Wow.....Colonel got an album and a pro tv footage from it and never used the pro tv footage and as far as im aware never charged for the pro tv people to film!

    But it's in private hands.....oh yes.....that makes so much sense.

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    MojoElvis was not right.

    What you saw (and I think it's still available on YouTube) was excellent quality fan shot MSG stuff (see www.msg1972.com). Speeded up, for some reason, with Mozart (?) playing in the background.

    It was me who got Mojo worked up so much. Or, more accurately, it was when I dared disagree with him that the MSG shows were pro filmed.

    And I do not owe him an apology ... for anything. His foul-mouthed tirade got him banned.
    Sorry Getlo, None of that footage from that page is what I saw.

  13. #53
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    Personally I do believe that there is some pro shot MSG footage.Someone who I trust has told me that there was a live feed of the show sent to the closed circut monitors up in the luxury boxes.This was caught on tape.Having said that,it's still speculation until it turns up.I just trust the source of this info and it does sound plausible.
    Jak

  14. #54
    International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Byron, Georgia
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Yes and no. Was the 8mm footage (from Buffalo) used in the final film? No. Yes, this is pro shot in the sense that MGM authorised filming (actually, it was Bob Abel who shot this for himself; it wasn't part of MGM's actual filming schedule) but it's not pro shot because of the type of camera used.



    Have you seen any of this footage, or do you take their word for it? The release date is 2008? Is this info from the same people who said there'd be a "huge release" of stuff last (northern) spring (that never eventuated)?



    I guarantee you it wasn't; and we will never see TV crew footage of the Indy show. Mark my words. The stuff on some of the budget DVDs (some of which I have) may be of good quality, but it is still mostly fan shot stuff, ie not professional.

    Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong over this, as we all deserve to see more of Elvis in concert.

    People are confusing the word "professional" with "better than the usual fan shot stuff". Unless the footage was authorised by MGM, CBS etc ... then it's not professional.

    Have I seen the footage of Macon 1972, 1977 and Atlanta Dec 1976? May I ask where have you been. I been talking about that for over a year now that these guys does have this and I have seen it with my own eyes. I was the one who told them the dates of the show when I first saw it. i never heard anything that happen in spring time for a release. These guys lives not far from me and never had plans on releasing this footage until about two months ago. They was offer a nice price to use the footage and they still keep the ownership of the footage itself. As for Elvis On Tour, that is not totally true. Parts of the Hampton Roads Concert and Greensboro Concert was filmed using the 8mm Mobile Camera and is seen in Elvis On Tour. MGM owns those cameras because they had their logo on the side. Their is a film collector that lives in California that actaully owns one of those cameras and is selling it for about $8,000. He has all the paperwork on it of what movies was filmed with it including Elvis On Tour.

    The budget DVD that contains only a few seconds worth of the Indy 1977 concert has talking over it. The narrator evens says "This is filmed by a local TV crew at Elvis' last concert at the Market Square Arena in 1977." I forgot what TV crew filmed it, I think christian would know that. The footage is not of film but of tape.

  15. #55
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Have I seen the footage of Macon 1972, 1977 and Atlanta Dec 1976? May I ask where have you been. I been talking about that for over a year now that these guys does have this and I have seen it with my own eyes. I was the one who told them the dates of the show when I first saw it. i never heard anything that happen in spring time for a release. These guys lives not far from me and never had plans on releasing this footage until about two months ago. They was offer a nice price to use the footage and they still keep the ownership of the footage itself. As for Elvis On Tour, that is not totally true. Parts of the Hampton Roads Concert and Greensboro Concert was filmed using the 8mm Mobile Camera and is seen in Elvis On Tour. MGM owns those cameras because they had their logo on the side. Their is a film collector that lives in California that actaully owns one of those cameras and is selling it for about $8,000. He has all the paperwork on it of what movies was filmed with it including Elvis On Tour.

    The budget DVD that contains only a few seconds worth of the Indy 1977 concert has talking over it. The narrator evens says "This is filmed by a local TV crew at Elvis' last concert at the Market Square Arena in 1977." I forgot what TV crew filmed it, I think christian would know that. The footage is not of film but of tape.

    I just have a few questions about the footage that you say will be released in 2008.

    Firstly what was it filmed with and secondly what is the sound quality like?

    Also - who filmed it? How much did they pay Parker to do the filming and how on earth would someone who paid to film Elvis professionally manage to keep it a secret for decades , let alone the amount of money they would have lost from not exploting what they filmed.

    I presume your friends didn't film or commission the piece - so they must have bought it off someone.

    To me, in storys about pro Elvis footage, too much doesent make sense that should. I hope im wrong, but I don't think this will be released in 08', 09' or even by 2077.

  16. #56

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    I just have a few questions about the footage that you say will be released in 2008.

    Firstly what was it filmed with and secondly what is the sound quality like?

    Also - who filmed it? How much did they pay Parker to do the filming and how on earth would someone who paid to film Elvis professionally manage to keep it a secret for decades , let alone the amount of money they would have lost from not exploting what they filmed.

    I presume your friends didn't film or commission the piece - so they must have bought it off someone.

    To me, in storys about pro Elvis footage, too much doesent make sense that should. I hope im wrong, but I don't think this will be released in 08', 09' or even by 2077.
    Precisely.

    If MGM or CBS or a local TV crew didn't film a show ... then it is not professional footage!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  17. #57

    re

    I would love to see Pro footage of Macon '77
    Is it really going to be released in 2008?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  18. #58
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Here is some info from a previous discussion on MSG a while back:

    Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN M
    HI KPM
    You have false informations concerning this footage
    this has nothing to see withe ABC news
    i post this footage and story here fews months ago

    You can see quality of 16 mm footage from J.Mekas here
    http://www.skip.at/AT/filme/trailer/...hp?filmnr=1737
    according to Jonas Mekas he film withe his 16mm camera around 40 minutes of this show
    he obtain the permit to film directly by the colonel Parker
    and send to him a copy of the 16mm footage,if the footage is now in EPE hands is the question,i aske 2 years ago to EPE but don t have appopriate reply
    Jonas Mekas is psykadelik (hope it s the good word in english) movie director
    he do many short footage in experimental style
    the clip posted from MSG is a special trailer do for a viennal festival in Austria fews years ago
    Christian M


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  19. #59

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Personally I do believe that there is some pro shot MSG footage.
    Jak, what is your definition of pro shot?

    Mine is that shot by MGM, CNS or local TV crews only.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  20. #60

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    according to Jonas Mekas he film withe his 16mm camera around 40 minutes of this show
    he obtain the permit to film directly by the colonel Parker
    and send to him a copy of the 16mm footage,if the footage is now in EPE
    Parker gave this bloke permission to film?

    Hmm ... I wonder then how much he had to pay for the privilege!

    And 16mm is not professional.

    I wouldn't place too much stock in what Christian M says either. His website swears the '77 poolside interview is in "private hands".
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Similar Threads

  1. was opening night 69 filmed?
    By jason7890 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 09:04 PM
  2. Elvis On Tour - what was actually filmed?
    By medleyofcostumes in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 04:15 AM
  3. What were these Bean clips filmed for?
    By Johnny in forum Off topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
  4. pittsburg filmed?
    By ralph in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 08:49 PM
  5. Filmed concerts?
    By peter in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •